Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: LOOK: Swinney family moves into new 'castle'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 51

FB Update: LOOK: Swinney family moves into new 'castle'

Oct 20, 2017, 1:17 PM

LOOK: Swinney family moves into new 'castle'

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with a house like that, and some wonder if he'll leave

Oct 20, 2017, 1:47 PM

Clemson!! SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he mentioned that he envisions future coaches to live there***

Oct 20, 2017, 2:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he mentioned that he envisions future coaches to live there***

Oct 20, 2017, 3:02 PM

I hope they are not planning on tearing it down when he retires and moves away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he mentioned that he envisions future coaches to live there***

Oct 20, 2017, 6:03 PM

He will sell it to the next coach. Mark Right donated his house to FCA. Who knows? Does not really matter.

not a distraction at all.***

Oct 20, 2017, 1:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: not a distraction at all.***

Oct 20, 2017, 1:51 PM

He and Kathleen are not exactly posting the pictures on social media themselves. Fans seem to be adding to the distraction.

I hope folks had permission to post those pictures. Can you imagine if someone posted pictures of your family's home like that?

Gotta suck to have your life and family that exposed. I can't even comprehend what that would be like or the worries that would come with it.

Can a moving sign be seen from the road after another

Oct 20, 2017, 1:55 PM

loss to Syracuse? I'm sure some would like to know. Dabo is just now getting settled. This run will continue. Stand by your computers for updates.

Re: not a distraction at all.***

Oct 20, 2017, 3:06 PM [ in reply to not a distraction at all.*** ]

Good grief. Get over it. Did you lose money on the game?! God forbid people live their life. Stop with the miserable drivel.

Dabo's job is to win football games. Looks like

Oct 20, 2017, 5:51 PM

other things got in the way of that last week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is his job, and he's pretty #### good at it.***

Oct 20, 2017, 5:58 PM

Explain why he thought KB was "good to go"

Oct 21, 2017, 7:06 AM

when he was injured from the start. Now the situation is even worse.

I know you're not serious....***

Oct 20, 2017, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Dabo's job is to win football games. Looks like ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am.

Oct 20, 2017, 7:23 PM

The loss was inexcusable.

you do realize

Oct 20, 2017, 11:16 PM

we just won a national championship and are in the greatest era of Clemson Football right?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm disgusted over a loss to a terrible team

Oct 21, 2017, 7:03 AM

that we have another week to think about.

Syracuse will get blown out by Miami today.

Re: I'm disgusted over a loss to a terrible team

Oct 21, 2017, 8:38 AM

So, nothing thing in your personal life ever takes precedence over your job????

Re: Dabo's job is to win football games. Looks like

Oct 21, 2017, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Dabo's job is to win football games. Looks like ]

You do know there are several dozen coaches, assistants, trainers etc that work with these young men. Dabo s not the only coach in their ear. He has never let outside junk affect his game... when his Dad was sick and died we went undefeated. We saw games over 3 years where Deshaun wasn’t in it or wasn’t fired up. To me it appeared that the entire team, with the exception of a handful of people, was off. They never got their rythym. Our offense is called by our two offensive coordinators and defense called by Coach V. Other years we could be out of sync but we had once in a lifetime to get them motivated. Someone is going to step up and be the leader in the locker room, I hope it happens this bye week and come out and destroy GT with all 93 players dressed out and play

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: FB Update: LOOK: Swinney family moves into new 'castle'

Oct 20, 2017, 2:07 PM

Well, he's moving on up! And that ain't the "east side".

Oct 20, 2017, 9:12 PM

Interestingly enough the house is located on the “east side” of Clemson.

Oct 22, 2017, 7:26 AM

Nice castle -but it does not really fit in Clemson - maybe Beverly Hills

Congrat's Dabo you've earned it!

Oct 20, 2017, 2:07 PM

Here's hoping the Swinney's have many happy memories and years ahead of them in their new house.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Moving Day to The Swinney Family!***

Oct 20, 2017, 2:14 PM

Oct 20, 2017, 2:14 PM

He could sell that house right now and make money. Everything was bid out, at severely low prices or free. Hey, look what I did for Dabos lawn, look what, I did for his pool, etc... Expect to see more and more pics for advertising.

Keg Party At The Swinney's !

Oct 20, 2017, 2:23 PM

Let's help him "break it in".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keg Party At The Swinney's !

Oct 20, 2017, 2:27 PM

Toga, Toga, Toga, Toga!!!

hope that needle has a big eye

Oct 20, 2017, 2:35 PM

thats quite a place.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be...

Oct 20, 2017, 6:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKMD_8-tj5c

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Oh Lord, it's hard to be...

Oct 21, 2017, 6:35 AM

Thanks for posting-that's one of my favorite songs of all time and the video featured some real hotties! I actually sing that song about once a week just to annoy the wife!+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Oct 20, 2017, 2:50 PM

I heard the house belongs to the University.

IDK about a castle

Oct 20, 2017, 3:21 PM

I was thinking a reform school or a lunatic asylum. But yeah, it sure is big.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IDK about a castle

Oct 20, 2017, 3:36 PM

No TNET has already got the local franchise for that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without a moat that seems quite average...

Oct 20, 2017, 6:19 PM

for a castle. If I hired on as a serf think I might work my way up to squire or something? I'm old but I'm still a hoer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cant wait for some rival fan base

Oct 20, 2017, 9:15 PM

To pick up on this and slam Dabo for being "greedy" or something

Re: cant wait for some rival fan base

Oct 20, 2017, 9:26 PM

At 21,000 sq ft I would say extravagant yes, but greedy no. I mean not like Saban or Muschump are living in a cardboard box themselves. Haters gonna hate.

Re: cant wait for some rival fan base

Oct 21, 2017, 3:46 PM

A 21,000 sq. ft. house is gonna require full-time staff. How big is the lot?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2017, 3:52 AM

The Swinney family ought to be comfortable in those digs. Congrats Dabo on the new home.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2017, 11:11 AM

I hope the first family of Clemson Athletics enjoys their new home. When they throw a cookout or something for the team and recruits they will have plenty of room. All of Dabo and Kathleen's family live out of town, in Alabama, so it would also make sense to have enough room for overnight guests.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Oct 22, 2017, 12:48 AM

Houses sell everyday with a few of them selling for a few buck$$$ more. And you can bet your right arm that if Dabo gets tired of Clemson for any reason, that house won't slow him down from packing his bags and gone!!! And he would most likely make a dollar or two on the house. Rich folks don't sweat the small shiot....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't bother you that he's paid as much as he is...

Oct 22, 2017, 10:29 AM

... but it sounds like some people don't like the way he spends his pile of cash. We all want to think that Dabo is a humble man, just one of us. Well, maybe he is, except for the being a bazillionaire part. I think college coaches are way overpaid, but if we're going to pay them exorbitant salaries and bonuses, we shouldn't be surprised that they spend it on nice--really, really nice--things.

Oct 22, 2017, 4:45 PM

Two observations:
1) I remember reading somewhere that the house the Swinneys had been living in was their "dream home," one that they had designed themselves years ago and probably built years ago, long before he became the success he is now. The point being, I can't imagine they weren't happy where they were. Who knows, maybe they kept it.
2) I remember an interview with Nick Saban that showed off his Tuscaloosa house, which was a cavernous structure, part of which was dedicated toward entertaining recruits, complete with the latest gaming systems, etc.

My (otherwise uniformed) deduction: this 15,000 SF house is an investment in recruiting to "keep up with the Sabans," and probably a not-insignificant portion of the house can be taken as a tax deduction because it's used for recruiting.

Disclaimer: as far as I know, the closest I've ever been to Dabo is the Bob Uecker seats. So what do I know?

PS for those who don't get the Bob Uecker reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPh4iF76LbU

Replies: 40
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic