Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Muschamp Progression or Regression?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Muschamp Progression or Regression?

Nov 22, 2018, 8:30 PM

One thing the coots haven't really picked up on this year is that Boom is supposed to be a "defensive expert" but their defense is garbage this year. I've heard they have some injuries but even when we're playing our second team they mostly shut out opponents. They've also harped on Boom needing "his guys" but "his guys" are juniors now and his specialty has degraded and offense is very mediocre. When will they start to realize that it's not working? Will it take a harder schedule next year and going 6-6 for them to catch on or will they notice our second team defense and offense is better than their first team?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muschamp Progression or Regression?

Nov 22, 2018, 8:34 PM

Has improved the record but has done little to improve their depth. I don’t see him being there solution, but who would be?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2018, 8:41 PM

They will have some talent on both sides of the ball next year, but still have a depth issue. I think some depth will eventually come to SC, but WM has yet to show he is a good game day coach.

Nov 22, 2018, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp Progression or Regression? ]

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give him a 5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he had better talent at uf

Nov 22, 2018, 8:49 PM

last year was huge anomaly

as long as he remains in charge of D, they will play these 50-50 games and shuffle around 7-5 records

Nov 22, 2018, 8:53 PM

His year as DC at Auburn before U5C hired him was awful.

The point here is

Nov 22, 2018, 9:52 PM

This is all the have ever been and all they will ever be. It doesn’t matter progress or regress they stay mediocre and will never be a championship football program. So it’s futile to ask what if or what should they do. They should be happy with MUschump because he the best they will ever get. And they will never be the best. Happy thanksgiving. I’m thankful for that.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The point here is

Nov 22, 2018, 11:25 PM

Muscrap has done a job which reminds of Tommy Bowden, decent recruiting at the skill positions, but “hit or miss” elsewhere. Coaching wise he, like his Florida tenure, has failed to figure out an offense until this year.

USCe is about to find out just how far they really are behind Clemson and other elite programs like BAMA and higher ones like LSU and Auburn. Muscrap won’t last beyond 2020 at this rate.

Go Tigers ??!!

Nov 23, 2018, 12:58 AM

I know he was considered to be a defensive guy, but he absolutely destroyed the Texas defensive unit when he was their DC. He sucked so badly that Texas still has not recovered. And then he went to UF as HC and destroyed that program too. As the DC at AU for 1 year, he knew he would be fired soon as he ruined their D also, so he accepted the USUC HC job after 6-7 other coaches turned them down. He was all USUC could get. So - they might not see it yet, but I would say that the USUC program will not recover for at least 5-10 years due to hiring this clown. Only a miracle (and the fact NOBODY else will take the job) can save him from being fired at USUC.

Nov 23, 2018, 9:35 AM

It always amazes me people can let their fan bias ignore reality.

Texas was 53rd in total defense the year before he got there. When he left they had back to back top 5 seasons.

Yeah he destroyed he UF program so badly he left them back to back SEC titles gift wrapped.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 23, 2018, 10:17 AM

Don't you mean 2 SEC Least titles? Seems like someone else won the Championship Game.

Message was edited by: djones73

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 12:00 PM

Correct. I meant to type east in there but left it out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp Progression or Regression? ]

Ya sorry our fan base is so bias. You are absolutely right Muschamp is a good coach and a great recruiter and defensive mind.

I mean this year y’all probably only lose by 40 with players Clemson didn’t offer at the positions they play for your team. A 40 point loss definitely shows improvement.

Also remember when you said it was fan bias when we told you Bentley stunk. Turns out we were right and he would be behind Brice as a junior lol. I won’t bring up your WR who are great but just can’t catch.

Nov 23, 2018, 12:00 PM

Also remember when you said it was fan bias when we told you Bentley stunk. Turns out we were right and he would be behind Brice as a junior lol.

Talk about a perfect example of fan delusion.

Nov 23, 2018, 7:22 AM

I think Muschamp will do about as well as anyone could do at SC. That fanbase is hoping for Spurrier-like sucess. That was just an anomaly to what they really are, which is a 7 or 8 win team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love how them cheating is "an anomaly"

Nov 23, 2018, 10:56 AM

They had a few decent years but literally paid to get them and got caught and were on probation. I guess we just pretend Whitneygate and the Rock Hill boosters just never happened?

I think he is doing a great job

Nov 23, 2018, 9:43 AM

winning seasons at usuc means above average. Remember before Spurrier they were below .500 all time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 11:44 AM

In truth it does not matter a whit, the Coots needed to make hay while the SEC East was a dumster fire. Seems they could only manage to somehow be worse than said dumpster fire.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic