Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember Amy?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 467

Remember Amy?

Sep 19, 2020, 10:48 PM

This article is worthy the time.

"This appointee needs to be a woman. Yes, as conservatives we hate the idea of quotas and checklists, but it’s an election year. And since Trump didn’t go with a woman to replace Anthony Kennedy or Antonin Scalia, he has to go with one to replace Ginsburg. Besides, the fact that Republican women haven’t been represented on the Supreme Court since Sandra Day O’Connor rankles a bit; you’ve got to offer big parts of your base role models when you can.

Not to mention that the Left has lived on Ginsburg as a folk hero and feminine role model for decades. They’ve made movies about her, they’ve turned her into an icon. They’ve almost completely ignored Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor as cultural figures, something they’ll now likely remedy. But Barrett is something different than Kagan and Sotomayor. She’s not only a stellar, brilliant jurist, she’s also a regular American.

No, let’s rephrase that. Amy Coney Barrett is no regular American. She’s extraordinary, but in ways regular Americans can admire..."

https://spectator.org/amy-barrett-immediately-if-not-sooner/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wood dew... put her in***

Sep 19, 2020, 10:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember Amy?

Sep 19, 2020, 10:59 PM

I agree it has to be a women. I like Britt Grant she is from Hotlanta and a Wake. Grad

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not for hiring people based on skin color or gender.

Sep 19, 2020, 11:32 PM

I thought Biden was pandering to women and minorities when he named Kamala. I hate to see Trump do that but hate worse that if Amy should have been selected and nominated when he put Gorsuch and Kavanaugh on that kinda upsets me.

If she was just as qualified and fit what Trump voters want on the SCOTUS then she should already be on the SCOTUS bench. Shame on Trump if he was playing politics with a SCOTUS nomination.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Biden pandering didn't end with the VP spot.

Sep 20, 2020, 3:51 PM

Before too long, he may pledge to make his entire Cabinet black women. If he comes right out and says he'd nominate Michelle, Oprah, or Whoopi, he'd have this thing in the bag.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/problem-biden-s-pledge-black-woman-justice-n1200826

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The only way Biden wins is to out-cheat Trump in...

Sep 20, 2020, 4:01 PM

ballot harvesting. Trump has a four month headstart on the ground game. Anyone foolish enough to think that pubs won't cheat is just, well, foolish.

Why democrats think they can cheat their way though this is beyond me.

he could just put the view in there

Sep 20, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to the Biden pandering didn't end with the VP spot. ]

purrrfect

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every step Joe had made has been wrong.

Sep 20, 2020, 4:22 PM

He condemned Trump's border lockdown the day after China travel was restricted. He joined with the rest of the dem candidates in support of healthcare for illegal aliens by raising his hand.

Even after winning the democrat primary as a centrist he joined with Bernie/AOC to draft a pac between the centrist and extreme left abandoning the position which got him nominated.

Rather than meeting people in rallies and campaigning he used Covid as a tool to hide himself away interviewing with the likes of CarliB and left wing media hacks taking prescreened, designed softball questions and responding with words fed to him in his ear phone or reading them off a screen.

The only people thinking he deserves to win, or even can win, are those so filled with emotions that their brains are as locked down as Joe's.

Replies: 7
| visibility 467
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic