Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Complete and utter bullshi++....thanks big brother!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Complete and utter bullshi++....thanks big brother!

Jun 25, 2013, 9:23 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/22/business/us-moves-to-seize-dietary-supplement-from-gnc-warehouses.html?_r=0 I can drink myself to death or smoke myself to tracheotomy goodness but I cant buy the original jack3ed because it contains a stimulant that that most people have never heard of and therefore do not understand? Sounds a lot like the middle ages. And please....all you liberal p@ssiess who have never dawned the doors of a weight room, please dont reply unless you have some real meaningful insight. And no...wikipedia doesnt count.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Complete and utter bullshi++....thanks big brother!

Jun 25, 2013, 9:29 PM

Fourlokos anyone??

Well, I'm not an expert

Jun 25, 2013, 9:32 PM

I do lift, but seeing as how the product has been discontinued by the it seems to reason that they don't want to mess with DMAA anymore. You sound tense, maybe too much DMAA, do you feel like your blood pressure is elevate, do you need to sit down, quick grab the paper bag, breathe Boogs breathe, and then go find a new pre work out caffeine / vasodilator product.

lol...youre absolutely right!

Jun 25, 2013, 9:48 PM

You are no expert. Any idiot can overdose on Tylenol, advil, etc. You have OBVIOUSLY never tried this substance. Because if you had had tried it, you would surely be dead,right? Thank you for being the token antagonist. Instead of addressing the issue, you chose to reflect back to me. Give me REAL reasons why DMAA should be banned...not this anecdotal bs why you think I suck.

Re: lol...youre absolutely right!

Jun 25, 2013, 10:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

mmm...hmmm....

Jun 25, 2013, 10:11 PM

another shining example. You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you? But that sure was a cute pic you posted. It showed how much you know.

dude, check your e-roid***

Jun 26, 2013, 8:03 AM [ in reply to lol...youre absolutely right! ]

"a stimulant that people don't know or understand"

Jun 25, 2013, 10:16 PM

sounds pretty dangerous to me. Should we err on the side of caution or free market mentality of anything goes?

The pentagon has even quit letting soldiers take the stuff until they know more.

Re: "a stimulant that people don't know or understand"

Jun 25, 2013, 10:33 PM

caffeine alcohol Tylenol nocotine are ok....but people who actually work out dont deserve the right to choose?

Choose based on what?

Jun 25, 2013, 10:41 PM

You don't even know what the stuff does and it sounds like no one really does. Wouldn't the obvious and common sense approach be to take it off and study it more?

Tylenol and nicotine has been studied to death, they are great examples to use against your case.

Becasue they have both been removed from the shelves?

Jun 25, 2013, 10:48 PM

Yeah...your argument just ran into a culdesac......better turn it around and figure out a better route. BTW.....nicotine is no more dangerous than caffeine....its just very addictive. Its the carcinogens in tobacco that are dangerous.

Nicotine is so awesome

Jun 25, 2013, 10:50 PM

It is the primary ingredient in several insecticides.

Again...would you rather you 21 yo kids drink beer and smoke

Jun 25, 2013, 11:16 PM

cigs.....or drink jack3ed 3d and lift weights?

Probably smoke and drink

Jun 26, 2013, 12:15 AM

At least those things have known long term consequences.

Point was we know what tylenol and nicotine are

Jun 25, 2013, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Becasue they have both been removed from the shelves? ]

as they've been studied endlessly. They are KNOWNs.

This DMAA stuff hasn't, and the only thing people seem to know about it is it is a form of stimulant. It is an UNKNOWN.

Yeah...been around for half a century....its unknown.....

Jun 25, 2013, 11:15 PM

why is that? Probably because it hasnt caused many problems.

From that study ringknocker posted...

Jun 25, 2013, 11:26 PM

DMAA was originally developed by Eli-Lilly in 1948 and then later trademarked as Forthane to be used as a nasal decongestant (there are varying accounts but it seems that Eli Lilly patented the molecule in the early 1940’s and then trademarked and marketed it as Forthane in 1971 for allergic rhinitis and then voluntarily withdrew it in 1983). The mechanism of action was vasoconstriction – the blood vessels in the nose would constrict so that less blood flow would lead to less nasal discharge. This is a mechanism used by common OTC nasal sprays like oxymetazoline (Afrin) and is indeed quite effective. However, Forthane was later withdrawn from the market because of significant side effects including headaches, tremors, and increased blood pressure. These effects likely occur because DMAA is structurally similar to amphetamine and as a result, the compound is not only a vasoconstricting agent but is also a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant.

So it was withdrawn for reasons that are now being reported in cases where it's being used as a supplement. You don't think that maybe, just maybe, we should pull the product to make sure it's safe?

If that's not the reason why it was pulled, why do YOU think it was pulled by the government?

So it's more dangerous than alcohol?

Jun 25, 2013, 11:44 PM

?

So, you don't actually know what it does to your body

Jun 25, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: "a stimulant that people don't know or understand" ]

Neither does anyone else. The manufacturer doesn't want anything else to do with it. Sure, you can overdose on tylenol, but I don't think the issue is overdosing, I'm pretty sure the issue is, people are having issues at the normal dosage. I do "workout" and I have taken several different types of preworkout before, starting with the ephedrine based products, moving on to different vasodilators and caffeine products. I personally don't like how they make me feel, and did manage to pass out in the gym after a particularly hard work out / pre workout drink. Glad, I didn't make it to the truck before I dropped. Anyway, none of the "supplements" are actually tested by the FDA and none of the long term effects are known. There are plenty of other fake adrenaline rush products out there, or you could just drink a couple cups of coffee and lift like a real man. Think about the government and knock out your next set. It might be better for you in the long run.

Here you go

Jun 25, 2013, 10:47 PM

It's in the same chemical family as methamphetamine so I'm sure it's as safe as tylenol.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/dmaa-efficacious-but-is-it-safe/

Ok...so, according to your article, it's been around since

Jun 25, 2013, 11:06 PM

1940s? How many people have died from it's use vs the use of alcohol or any prescription drugs? Is it dangerous enough to take away from the public? Do we not have a choice? Would you rather your child smoke cigarettes and drink beer? Or use Jack3ed 3de and lift weight? Which is moire dangerous?

Apparently one of the side effects is poor spelling and

Jun 26, 2013, 8:22 AM

grammar.

Hooked on phonics, bro.

It sounds a little like a steroid to me,

Jun 25, 2013, 10:49 PM

but that's based primarily on your roid-rage-like responses to people questioning why an unknown substance with unknown physiological effects on the human body (with possible evidence of BP elevation) should be taken off the market.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the same impression I had. Oh, those DTs. +1.***

Jun 25, 2013, 11:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, do you even Muscle Milk?***

Jun 26, 2013, 8:15 AM

Re: Boogs

Jun 26, 2013, 10:25 AM

Hey man I usually don't come over here, but I happened to be scrolling the pages. If you're looking for a pre-workout supplement then you should try epiq ripped. I'm a gym rat myself and I stumbled upon this stuff at gnc. It's all natural ingredients and also acts as an appetite suppressant. I used it for 5 weeks and combined with exercise and a good diet dropped 15 lbs. Check out the reviews on it.

DAWGS SUCK!***

Jun 26, 2013, 12:53 PM

Careful, this dude lifts***

Jun 26, 2013, 12:55 PM

HE HAS NO FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH!***

Jun 26, 2013, 12:59 PM

I don't know dude, this guy sounds legit

Jun 26, 2013, 1:02 PM

I think lifts in Zumbaz and a cut off sweatshirt.

Yeah, that definitely sounds legit.

Jun 26, 2013, 1:16 PM

If you tell me he grunts while lifting and throws his dumbbells on the ground after each set then I am really going to regret that post.

Slams them down, screams

Jun 26, 2013, 1:19 PM

goes over to the dumbbell rack and holds on to keep from passing out and cries. This dude does not f' around

having used jack3d

Jun 26, 2013, 12:43 PM

it had no impact on my workout. so there's always that.

Re: having used jack3d

Jun 26, 2013, 12:50 PM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic