Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Boyd to make appearance at Clemson Wal-Mart Grand Opening
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

FB Update: Boyd to make appearance at Clemson Wal-Mart Grand Opening

Jan 28, 2015, 11:28 AM

Boyd to make appearance at Clemson Wal-Mart Grand Opening

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see WalMart couldn't keep their filthy hands off Clemson

Jan 28, 2015, 11:42 AM

Central wasn't good enough...

Does anyone know where it is located?

Jan 28, 2015, 11:43 AM

Never thought I would see the day that Wal-Mart would come to Clemson.

Hwy 93 between Clemson and Central.***

Jan 28, 2015, 11:56 AM

It's not a full-size Walmart

Jan 28, 2015, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Does anyone know where it is located? ]

But it's a Walmart (or as i like to call them, Hellmart) nonetheless.

I would complain but you can't buy a t-shirt in Clemson for

Jan 28, 2015, 11:55 AM [ in reply to I see WalMart couldn't keep their filthy hands off Clemson ]

under $20.

Thank god. Everyone wanted a Walmart in clemson.

Jan 28, 2015, 3:06 PM [ in reply to I see WalMart couldn't keep their filthy hands off Clemson ]

It's going to really make a lot of things easier and it's not a real Walmart it's small and green with a gas station and groceries which is all I and most others need.

"everyone"?

Jan 30, 2015, 8:10 AM

I seem to remember doing just fine in Clemson without a Walmart there, and I didn't even have a car for my first few years. Having a Walmart in Clemson is shortsighted and will hurt local businesses.

I see that City of Clemson lower it's standards and let

Jan 28, 2015, 11:43 AM

a Wal-Mart to be built there...ughhh

Re: I see that City of Clemson lower it's standards and let

Jan 28, 2015, 11:47 AM

It took them long enough to realize the vast amount of tax revenue by allowing Wal Mart to go to Central and not Clemson to begin with. Welcome Wal Mart.

Think its just a grocery store, not a full walmart

Jan 28, 2015, 11:47 AM

Its down near Ingles from what I read

^^^This^^^ *

Jan 28, 2015, 11:52 AM

nm

correct, they call it a neighborhood wal-mart, grocery store

Jan 28, 2015, 12:14 PM

mostly....small in size

Re: correct, they call it a neighborhood wal-mart, grocery store

Jan 28, 2015, 12:43 PM

We had one open up right down the street from our house. It's nice, almost the size of bilo, but product wise, and I might be wrong but it seems they have more, it's just packed in there tighter. I know walmart is "The Man", but I'm gonna shop where I save the most $$$ and nobody can compete with em. So Wally world has my business now.

We have one where I live also...

Jan 28, 2015, 3:49 PM

I enjoy it...same Wal-Mart prices and such in a smaller setting.

they come at night...mostly***

Jan 28, 2015, 2:30 PM [ in reply to correct, they call it a neighborhood wal-mart, grocery store ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they come at night...mostly***

Jan 28, 2015, 8:39 PM

+1 for Aliens reference

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah between Bi-Lo and Ingles

Jan 28, 2015, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Think its just a grocery store, not a full walmart ]

looks like it will be a dream beer run place for all those apartment people on the road to Central.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Boyd to make appearance at Clemson Wal-Mart Grand Opening

Jan 28, 2015, 12:00 PM

I've always loved downtown Clemson and the campus but the rest of the development in town is hideous. 76 is a pukeworthy stretch of road, as is Old Greenville Hwy. It's a shame.

I always hoped the school would push more development to the center of town (whether it be housing or commercial/retail) so DT Clemson would always be thriving, but it looks like ugly sprawl development wins again.

Daniel Square is a nice development

Jan 28, 2015, 2:44 PM

When I was at Clemson, I got to dabble a bit in some conceptual layouts. Village Walk near Issaqueena/Berkeley was nice too, but I think the housing bubble crashed that project. I agree with you that it would've been nice to have that same level of infill quality closer to downtown.

I meant to say Patrick Square... haha***

Jan 28, 2015, 2:46 PM

Re: I meant to say Patrick Square... haha***

Jan 28, 2015, 3:28 PM

I looked at the website and it looks like a nice little housing development...I was mainly referring to the commercial development style. The stuff near Bi-Lo/Food Lion/etc and 76 is just nasty. Unfortunately instead of building up downtown as the area grew, everything went outwards.

The center is developing

Jan 28, 2015, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boyd to make appearance at Clemson Wal-Mart Grand Opening ]

and it looks like the sprawl is actually contracting. I don't think University Village is anywhere near full anymore and even some of the really nice places that are over a mile from campus seem almost desperate in their advertising because there are so many good options closer in.

I think the campus development behind Clemson House and the new apartment building that is going to go up behind Pepino's/Keith Street will really grow downtown and make it a lot more vibrant.

Re: The center is developing

Jan 28, 2015, 3:29 PM

I really hope that's true. I want to see downtown come alive more...UV/UP and all the stuff out there are rough

F^*k Walmart***

Jan 28, 2015, 12:35 PM

I heard Stephen Garcia is going to be there also...

Jan 28, 2015, 2:47 PM

working on register 7

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Boyd to make appearance at Clemson Wal-Mart Grand Opening

Jan 28, 2015, 3:18 PM

That is very cootish!

Oh how the mighty have fallen.***

Jan 28, 2015, 8:14 PM

Re: Oh how the mighty have fallen.***

Jan 28, 2015, 10:10 PM

Yes, indeed....they have fallen so far, so fast that they troll their rival's websites looking for any possible chance to try and trash it....just like a 5th grader on the playground who get's his ### kicked by the much more talented & popular kid. They have fallen so far that their drunken coach who turns 70 this year, who took them to their greatest heights in 110 years, is known nationally to be looking for an exit plan in less than 12 months. They've fallen so far that their recruits are jumping ship faster than Slurrier can shotgun a Pabst Blue Ribbon! They've fallen so far, so fast that their eyesore of a campus/stadium now ranks in the top 10 nationally in violent crime committed on a college campus. Oh how they truly have fallen!!

Why?? They already have one 2 exits down on 18 mile rd***

Jan 29, 2015, 1:32 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haven't been there, but it's just a lil grocery. hear it's nice...

Jan 29, 2015, 7:53 AM

Low prices on groceries, I'll happily accept...
Murphys cheaper gas, I'll happily partake!

Now I don't have to drive 7 miles either way (Seneca or Central) to use my Sam's or Wallmart cards & save on gas :)

There really wasn't anything on the spot where they built it & it was zoned & ready for development anyways...
sadly though, that stretch between Clemson & Central does look like ####, & doesn't offer much more than a pawn shop, autozone, Ingles, Hardee's, & a bunch of yuppie type rich kid villas & apts, other than UV & a few others that are already an eye-sore & turning very ghetto-ish.
they plan on building more there still, but I wish it would all move closer to town too, without invading the scenery (or at least tear down old, renovate, & upgrade the housing to better suit population & space needs, plus aesthetics).
Traffic is horrible on hwy 123 business district anyways & the restaurant mile...especially rush hour, to the point where I avoid it at all costs during peak times!
THAT needs to be remedied!!!
More walking & bussing with closer apts. & less dayum Student driving traffic for going only a few miles. It's ridiculous & laziness, but the stretches one would have to walk aren't very inviting either (those ugly sections of 4 lane hwy...).
We need to redo around Clemson, instead of adding on & out!!!
Some (many) places are run-down pieces of crap that need to be raised & better/newer built in it's place, which would help traffic too & draw students & such closer....
let families & career folks have these other monstrosities & outside surrounding apt. complexes, just that simple! Many problems solved...

I'm looking forward to checking out this store, & really happy to not have to witness & be exposed to lots of the "normal" trashy@ss rednecks, bumpkins, & undesirables that plague the Seneca Wallyworld, & even Central Wallmart at times.

We'll see, but until then, it looks nice & not really an eye-sore since it kinda on a hill & off the road to where you really only see the sign & not the building structure.

I'd just like to see more space that's here & ready to be redone used, instead of sprawling development.
Clemson needs to seriously focus on that, some demolition, condemn some places & rip them down! There's lots of great room all around Clemson & Campus that could be remodeled & better utilized, all while adding beauty & improving the already mostly pleasing aesthetics on Tigertown.

My 50 cent :)

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

Re: haven't been there, but it's just a lil grocery. hear it's nice...

Jan 29, 2015, 8:20 AM

Agreed 1000%.

The natural beauty around Clemson is quite nice, but when it's constantly getting encroached upon by sprawl-based development, it starts to lose its charm.

I would love to see areas around Foye Creek, The Ridge, and then up around Sloan St (my old digs) be completely redone & built out with new apartments, bars/restaurants, and at least one good sized grocery store. I wouldn't want to impede on the areas which are almost exclusively inhabited by natives of Clemson, but with responsible development I don't believe it'd be necessary.

People have complained about the traffic that it would bring to downtown, but I think if it were set up properly, it would actually reduce traffic. By building intelligently, and placing a large amount of amenities within walking distance, it would reduce the amount of cars being used by the people living in downtown. It'd also reduce the number of buzzed drivers making their way home from the bars on Fridays & Saturdays.

Be careful! Prices are falling!!!

Jan 29, 2015, 12:54 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic