Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tonight's loss really hurts. Will be interesting to see how it affects us down the stretch...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 913

Tonight's loss really hurts. Will be interesting to see how it affects us down the stretch...

Jan 3, 2017, 10:55 PM

We played our hearts out tonight... despite what some on here are saying... we made some mistakes including turnovers, missed shots, and free throws but that doesn't change the fact we gave it all we had.

We could have quit down 8 with 6 mins to go but we fought and took it to overtime. I really just hope this kind of loss doesn't cost us twice.

4 of our next 5 games are against top 25 teams and 2 of those are on the road. I hope Brownell can get this team refocused and hopefully we can steal one at Louisville on Saturday.

This team is talented and a lot of fun to watch. Let's hope they regroup and are ready for ND.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tonight's loss really hurts. Will be interesting to see how it affects us down the stretch...

Jan 3, 2017, 10:56 PM

didnt realize we were already at the stretch

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

have to say.. despite the loss

Jan 3, 2017, 10:58 PM

I was impressed with how we played a very good UNC team..

more offense than we've had in a while... we are going to be ok

agree. We went toe to toe with them and MAYBE we were the better

Jan 3, 2017, 11:00 PM

team at times. Just couldn't knock down crucial freee throws. Also, they had more offensive rebounds than we had TOTAL rebounds. If you would have told me that before the game started, I would say we would lose by 20

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we had no business being in that game given the rebounding

Jan 3, 2017, 11:04 PM

margin...

and truth is, we should have won in regulation if AH knocks down the FTs...

we are a dangerous team... and BBs job is different this year, IMO. In the past, he's had to be creative to find ways to keep us in games and not lose games we should win...

this year, I think his biggest job is to keep our focus and not let distractions in... b/c we can play with anybody

Brad made an interesting comment after the game

Jan 4, 2017, 12:08 AM

specifically addressed to the veteran guys. Said with them being a veteran team that sometimes they think they know it all, and forget the little things that they need to be consistent at. Mentioned how bad he thought the on ball defense was. It's a different team for him for sure.

JMO, he needs to pull JB aside. We all know JB is a wing player at the next level. But this team needs him under the basket doing some dirty work. He's a non factor right now on the offensive boards. That used to be a strength. I think in the back of his mind he's thinking about impressing for the next level. Honestly, he can best do that by doing what he does best, and that's playing within 15 feet of the basket and crashing the boards

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad made an interesting comment after the game

Jan 4, 2017, 2:25 AM

Great point. We actually play at Note Dame next. Really owe them for what they did to us the last couple of seasons. And at GA Tech is after that. We owe them too for their win over UNC cost us a better chance tonight. Really think JB has lost his draft chances unless he changes a few things soon including stop shooting so many 3s and letting game come to him and stop forcing things. Let's see what type of leadership this team has the next couple of games.

I don't know if he's hurt them, but he hasn't helped them

Jan 4, 2017, 8:48 AM

it's very natural to want to improve where the scouts told you to. But JB can best help himself by deciding to be what this team needs him to be, a threat in the post. Defensively he's at a disadvantage sometimes due to size, can't help that. But offensively and on the offensive glass his quickness is equally an advantage. JB is a great kid, I think we see him start to adjust. He wants to win

were all these responses approved by

Jan 3, 2017, 11:08 PM

@coachmac??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Box out, better shot selection down the stretch, play in..

Jan 4, 2017, 9:07 AM

control, less 3's for Blossongame, more D from Blossongame, more play in control by Reed. I think the team will grow from that loss and it will help them some, especially in the tournament.

That's what we hope

Jan 4, 2017, 9:17 AM

we played well, but not great. Need some of that grit his undermanned teams of the past have shown. You blend that with the obviously improved offensive firepower and you have a really dangerous team.

I've been saying get through January and this gauntlet of a schedule .500 and we'll be in good shape. It's not going to be easy. But this team has real talent. Play smarter. Try to lessen the clear rebounding disadvantage. And play better on the ball D.

All of those things are correctable. Dabo talks about that sort of thing all the time, correcting the things that you can fix. Same thing here

Well said*****

Jan 4, 2017, 9:24 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 913
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic