Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time for VT fans to crawl out from the woodwork and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Time for VT fans to crawl out from the woodwork and

Nov 28, 2016, 1:19 PM

infiltrate the Tiger Board(s). They'll try to tell us how great their WRs are, right 864Hokie? They'll tell you that their defense is back, even though Cuse and GT say otherwise. They'll even tell you how VT is Fuente's dream job, even though as soon as the Oklahoma job opens up he's gone. Remember, their fans are classless POS. Don't tell them things like "looking forward to it, should be a good game" or "you guys have a good team, it's gonna be a close one." that just encourages them and gets their hopes up. Tell them the truth, that we're about to make a statement to the CFP committee, that DW4 is about to claim his Heisman, that their defense is about to look no better than USuCk's, Frank Beamer is a lying crook and that they can take their key play key shaking and shove it where the sun don't shine. Tell them Clemson is coming and that their no-talent coach and team isn't even a speed bump on the road to the playoffs for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I have always found VT fans a likeable crowd

Nov 28, 2016, 1:21 PM

Fun to tailgait with too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must not have been there when we played their

Nov 28, 2016, 1:23 PM

alma mater out of respect for the victims of the VT shootings. They showed their true colors that day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: You must not have been there when we played their

Nov 28, 2016, 1:32 PM

I first experienced their colors at the '02 Gator Bowl. Left a bad taste, almost like NC St colors. Yuck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember that day well, parking in someone's

Nov 28, 2016, 1:36 PM

back yard and paying $20 to do so, walking to the stadium, getting yelled at by drunk ignorant VT toothless inbreds and watching the Vick vs Dantzler showdown. Except only half of that showdown showed up! But you're right, their POS fanbase started showing who they really are. Must have been that national championship they won. Oh wait...

Re: I remember that day well, parking in someone's

Nov 28, 2016, 1:38 PM

agreed - not a fan, and its time to put them down with malice

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: I remember that day well, parking in someone's

Nov 28, 2016, 1:43 PM [ in reply to I remember that day well, parking in someone's ]

They caught a case of diarrhea of the mouth when they brought Logan Thomas to DV in 2012 too. I rarely have fans walk by my tailgate and go all trash mouth. But over the years ... VT, scar, and recently added cuse to that list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They followed the example set by their crooked coach***

Nov 28, 2016, 1:53 PM

Re: I have always found VT fans a likeable crowd

Nov 28, 2016, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I have always found VT fans a likeable crowd ]

Thank you. I've always thought the same of Clemson and I live in the heart of Clemson territory. Very similar schools as well. Wish we played every year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We already have USuCk on our schedule every year

Nov 28, 2016, 1:44 PM

we don't have room for another group of inbred fans bringing down our SOS every year.

Re: We already have USuCk on our schedule every year

Nov 28, 2016, 4:45 PM

Whats your probelm? He is a nice guy and you come across like a jerk

Well I am a jerk, so...***

Nov 28, 2016, 4:59 PM

story checks out***

Nov 28, 2016, 5:06 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Hey look everyone, the tnet mathematician

Nov 29, 2016, 8:05 AM

chimed in!

misread any posts lately?***

Nov 29, 2016, 12:33 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every day***

Nov 29, 2016, 1:35 PM

Re: Time for VT fans to crawl out from the woodwork and

Nov 28, 2016, 1:32 PM

TL:DR -1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its gonna be a long night

Nov 28, 2016, 1:34 PM

for another set of birds

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

haha I see what you did there. All I have to say is Turkeys

Nov 28, 2016, 1:40 PM

can fly and Scar still hasn't won the SEC.

They haven't won the SEC, but they've won the NC 8 of the

Nov 28, 2016, 4:03 PM

last 10 years.

They are sort of a split fanbase

Nov 28, 2016, 2:28 PM

I grew up in the area and my dad was an alum, so I grew up going to VT football games and part of the reason I chose to attend Clemson was that it had a very similar feel from the town to the football (though not the onfield success, but how much it meant to the school and the area). In my experiences tailgating as both a VT fan and as a Clemson fan when we've played up there I've found the experience to be nearly 100% positive.

I did notice that when they started having their success under Beamer that I began to see more of the "obnoxious" version of their fan base. My opinion is that many of the alum are from northern VA and the north east. In addition to the many Northern VA students that attend VT, they draw heavily from Maryland, Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. So basically some of the fanbase from those areas treat college football like the NFL, more specifically the NFC East where the stories of the jail at philly's stadium only begin to tell the tale of how those fans can behave. Plus I think anyone who has been to a Maryland game has a story. I was harassed when I was a 10 year old kid at a Washington capitals game back in the day because I had a shirt on that happened to be in philly flyers colors. The northeastern sports fan is just a more hostile fan, not sure why but that seems to be typical.

I'll say at least 75% if not more of the VT fans are very similar to our fanbase and I had a great time partying and tailgating with them when we played them in Charlotte, and only 1 slightly negative experience with a fan there while we were entering the stadium.

Honestly I'd far rather deal with VT fans than UVa fans who just don't even care about football, all they do is come up with ways they can thumb their noses at you and drone on about the virtues of "Mr Jefferson's University" VT fans are a good fan base they support their team even in the down years and they have a similar relationship that Clemson fans do with Clemson University.

Hey, I like you. Always love hearing other fanbases

Nov 28, 2016, 2:37 PM

chime in on the joke of a program they have at UVA.

Didn't Bowden get hit with a bottle at a VT game

Nov 28, 2016, 2:33 PM

in Blacksburg?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Doesn't surprise me, those fans suck and so does their

Nov 28, 2016, 3:59 PM

crappy stadium

I along with my 71 yo father took a whole bunch of

Nov 28, 2016, 2:49 PM

completely unprovoked Hokie BS leaving Lane when we beat them up there a few years back. There's good-natured ribbing, which we expect and are used to, but this was much worse, and completely classless.

That aside, other than being kind of annoying in a "don't know how to act like they've been there before" way, they have been good to be around.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Time for VT fans to crawl out from the woodwork and

Nov 28, 2016, 4:38 PM

I sat on the VT side for the ACCCG in 2011 and most of them were OK.
There was a group of them a few rows down that made the Coots look like movie stars.
This one mullet headed little hillbilly looking dude with no teeth keep talking loud so we could hear.
Before the game it was how bad the Tigers would lose at half it was we got them right we're we want them.
At the start of the 4th he was gone

well, there's more bulletin board material for Coachmac

Nov 29, 2016, 8:32 AM

GWP just can't stop himself...

well.. we know one thing for sure...

Nov 29, 2016, 1:38 PM

deadsolidperfect® (RIP) will be in his hokie gear Saturday night

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1