Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Analyzing USuC's record this year...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Analyzing USuC's record this year...

Dec 6, 2018, 8:07 AM

Since there seems to be a bit of gnashing of beaks from chicken fans regarding the strength of the SEC, Clemson doesn't play anybody, and all the other coot excuses, I decided to look at their record this year. Here are the facts:

USuC has an overall record of 7 Wins - 5 Losses (abbreviated 7W-5L). They have beaten a total of 2 teams with winning records (Missouri, Chattanooga). Missouri is their only win against a Power 5 team this year and Chattanooga is an FCS school (i.e. cupcake game). USuC has beaten one even team - Vanderbilt (6W-6L), and 4 losing teams (Coastal Carolina, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Akron). That is the sum of USuC wins this year - beating cupcakes. The combined record of all the teams USuC beat was 39W-44L which yields a whopping 47% win rate - also known as majority LOSERS.

The average total offense of the teams USuC beat was ranked 71 out of 129 teams. The average total defense of the teams USuC beat was ranked 80 out of 129 teams. Once again - well below the 50% mark.

Now let's take a quick look at USuC's losses: USuC lost 5 games against 5 Power 5 teams with winning records. Their losses were against UGA, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Florida, and Clemson. USuC lost to the very teams that added all the strength to their schedule.

Compare this to Clemson: Clemson beat 10 teams with a winning record; 8 of those teams were Power 5 teams (Texas A&M, GA Tech, Syracuse, NC State, BC, Duke, USuC, Pitt). Clemson only played and beat one even team (Wake Forest) and two losing teams (FSU, Louisville). The combined record of all the teams Clemson beat was 88W-66L for a 57% win rate (i.e. majority winners). Winner or loser - doesn't matter for Clemson - we beat them all.

The truth is USuC shouldn't be flapping their beaks regarding anything when it comes to schedule - their signature win was against Missouri and were it not for the fact that they had enough losing cupcakes on their schedule they would have had an even more dismal year. The fact of the matter is that when USuC had to play a Power 5 winning team their record was 1W-5L which is pathetic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Analyzing USuC's record this year...

Dec 6, 2018, 8:12 AM

If not for the rain delay I think Missouri would have beaten them as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 6:18 PM

Agree, but you could also say that dumb onside kick by Mizzou (after they scored the first TD) was what did them in. I put that up there with Kirby's stupid fake punt as the bonehead calls of the year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Analyzing USuC's record this year... ]

Kentucky's program has jumped ahead of SC's program.
SC seems to be slowly trying to let Vanderbilt's program pass them as well.

u5c would be a perennial doormat in the ACC as well***

Dec 6, 2018, 8:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

great stuff but there is 2 problems with here, one it

Dec 6, 2018, 9:09 AM

doesn't take into account all their moral victories and two, facts seem to confuse the hell out of coots

Re: great stuff but there is 2 problems with here, one it

Dec 6, 2018, 9:30 AM

3....all SEC losses are quality losses.

It's a good thing SC left the ACC.... Who knows how many Conference championships and undefeated seasons they would have had by now.

Im not following your communist propoganda

Dec 6, 2018, 9:23 AM

Scar as been in the cfp every year and was in it twice last year..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 6, 2018, 9:31 AM

Why are you obsessed with the Coots? Who cares about their record?. Dumb post ... Focus on CU, you need to get a hobby

Dec 6, 2018, 9:40 AM

Obviously you do not live in Cootlumbia. It wouldn't take long for you to empathize with those of us who do.

Dec 6, 2018, 4:44 PM

I believe you are talking to a chicken. Feather status: ruffled.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 6, 2018, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Analyzing USuC's record this year... ]

GDub said:

Why are you obsessed with the Coots? Who cares about their record?. Dumb post ... Focus on CU, you need to get a hobby

I guess the truth hurts don't it coot...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Analyzing USuC's record this year... ]

Here you are again, looks like your the one obsessed. Be gone little man, go talk to your nights in shinning armor. Alabama

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 10:30 AM

I appreciate the effort you put into posting all those facts, but you left out the most important fact of all:

SEC loss>>>ACC Win

HTH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make a good argument that Clemson is better than USuC

Dec 6, 2018, 4:38 PM

this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should have lost to Mizzou, Ole Miss

Dec 6, 2018, 6:42 PM

Tennessee was a toss up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes it 2 years in a row.***

Dec 6, 2018, 7:01 PM

1 major flaw in your excellent analysis.

Dec 6, 2018, 7:02 PM

This doesn't take into account all of Alabama's wins they claim.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic