Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would the ACC collapse be all bad ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Would the ACC collapse be all bad ?

Jan 31, 2013, 7:53 PM

Before I get the coot and idiot calls hear me out. The ACC is trapped in a contract with ESPN for many more years. There was no clause to renegotiate with additional members. The other conferences will grow in revenue and we will have to sit pat. The ACC collapse will rid us of a bad contract and open up an avenue to bigger and better things. If the Big 12 took in other teams it could be selective and have southern and midwestern teams. The landscape would almost mirror the SEC in geography. We would be rid of the Wake, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Syracuse, Duke, and the others that do not support the money driven football programs. That would give us the Texas, Oklahoma , Oklahoma State and other football first schools. Worse things could happen. I have already heard the Big 12 and SEC are working on something but rumors are everywhere....now you can call me an idiot and a coot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who says we have to sit pat?

Jan 31, 2013, 7:58 PM

You're assuming ESPN will try to strong arm the ACC. I don't see this happening.

I see the Big XII folding before the ACC.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Who says we have to sit pat?

Jan 31, 2013, 8:20 PM

All Big 12 schools signed a GOR...won't collapse for at least 12 years...ACC as is won't last 12 more years

Re: Who says we have to sit pat?

Jan 31, 2013, 8:29 PM

That's nonsense...

Re: Would the ACC collapse be all bad ?

Jan 31, 2013, 8:04 PM

Why do you think the ACC would collapse?

Jan 31, 2013, 8:09 PM

Where do you get the idea that the ACC is trapped and has to sit pat while other leagues grow in revenue?

So the ACC is trapped but the Big12 gets to renegotiate a new contract after adding more teams?

Jan 31, 2013, 8:27 PM

The Big 12 contract expires in 2015-16. They are up for a renewed contract now. The ACC contract runs through the 2026-27. That's why they can renegotiate now.

Jan 31, 2013, 8:52 PM

The ACC can and will renegotiate with the addition of Louisville and Notre Dame as a partial member.

Jan 31, 2013, 10:16 PM

Not happening.....

Jan 31, 2013, 10:21 PM

The ACC singed a 12 year contract in 2010 and just reneg' in 2012.

It's not a matter of your opinion.

Jan 31, 2013, 8:19 PM

This is prime example of a little bit of knowledge can be disastrous.

Jan 31, 2013, 8:20 PM

coot, idiot. the end

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerLow is the best negative branding person

Jan 31, 2013, 8:27 PM

I've seen on Tnet in sometime. It's helpful in understanding how others will attack the ACC.

Re: You are delusional.***

Jan 31, 2013, 8:40 PM

The ACC is very strong financially from a media standpoint,

Jan 31, 2013, 8:43 PM

and stands to make even more strides here in the coming years.

The B1G is in for a rude awakening when they discover that their proprietary network revenue model does not hold up in the years ahead. Cable operators and other carriers are reaching a threshold in terms of what people are willing to pay for programming they don't watch. And with even more sports networks looming on the horizon, it's only going to get worse. The $40 million a year MD is counting on coming up soon is not going to materialize.

Before any other league expands in order to achieve a larger geographic footprint for the purposes of supposedly tapping into college football fairy money associated with a network, I hope they can see how little the MD and Rutgers expansion helps the B1G in reality.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're correct. Maryland was in trouble

Jan 31, 2013, 8:46 PM

but I don't think they help the B1G very much.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

ACC is on the rise, SEC is in decline.

Jan 31, 2013, 8:44 PM

Mark my word.

Clemson over LSU, Florida getting blistered by Louisville, GT over the real USC, lowly Duke nearly offing Cincy, VT offing Rutgers, S. Carolina struggling against a very bad Michigan team, so on and so on.

People will hate the ACC, passionately very soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you are right. I don't know whether he***

Jan 31, 2013, 8:47 PM

Re: I think you are right.***

Jan 31, 2013, 8:48 PM

Re: ACC is on the rise, SEC is in decline.

Jan 31, 2013, 8:59 PM [ in reply to ACC is on the rise, SEC is in decline. ]

Luke....lay off the rum. Everything is what it is. You saying its not is not going to change it. SEC in decline ? Not hardly...ACC rising....I don't see it. The ACC had its opportunity on rival day and lost 3 statement games. The bowl wins were good but not earth shattering by any means. I think most people understand that a bowl game is a gift that some want and others are disappointed with. You gauge the regular season and take the bowl games with a grain of salt. They are more of a platform for the next season depending on the returning players than a real indication of team strength for the year.

Nice try. Enjoy the downfall of your conference, "winner."***

Jan 31, 2013, 9:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

grain of salt or fifth place rings?***

Jan 31, 2013, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC is on the rise, SEC is in decline. ]

I know, it is funny how much of a chord I struck with him.***

Jan 31, 2013, 9:12 PM

Re: grain of salt or fifth place rings?***

Jan 31, 2013, 10:18 PM [ in reply to grain of salt or fifth place rings?*** ]

either way....still the same...

Uh, Chief... you're kind of just made Lukerum's point...

Jan 31, 2013, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC is on the rise, SEC is in decline. ]

And I quote, "They [bowl games] are more of a platform for the next season depending on the returning players than a real indication of team strength for the year."

Hence, ACC is on the rise (platform for the next season), SEC is in decline (the opposite of a platform).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

collapse ? who in their right mind would even conjur

Jan 31, 2013, 8:51 PM

up such a thing . so many of you are so caught up in this conference finance fad, palmettoson, I just don't see why. Might give you an ego boost.

all of it is way above our pay grade. Let the big boys worry about those things.

We need to worry about what to serve in the Valley when UGA comes to town.

Jan 31, 2013, 8:51 PM

I do not think you are either an idiot or a coot.
Clemson has to be proactive,at least in terms of exploring it's options.
However,Clemson is stuck in the ACC until/unless the Big 12 or the SEC extends an invitation to join.Same for any of the ACC schools looking not to get left out in the cold.

Big XII would die to have us.***

Jan 31, 2013, 8:53 PM

Re: Big XII would die to have us.***

Jan 31, 2013, 9:01 PM

No doubt.....it would be a great addition for them.

Well yeah, First of all they need 12 and can't get it .

Jan 31, 2013, 9:24 PM

It's pretty obvious the Big X12 is desperate or just waiting and hoping.

NOBODY from the ACC wants to join the Big XII. SEC and B1G maybe but not the Big XII.

The ACC isn't going to collapse...

Jan 31, 2013, 9:36 PM

and Clemson isn't going anywhere. Enough said.

Naw, we get a lookin in 2015.

Jan 31, 2013, 9:50 PM

So no, we are locked in for two more years only.

By then I expect ND to come to their senses and join a conference. That's the year their network contract is up and I expect they'll discover that conference champs really do have the advantage to a playoff seed.

They might take the B1G's offer but right now the B1G is rolling the dice leaving a spot open for ND with no committment from them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC is in drivers seat with ND.

Jan 31, 2013, 10:00 PM

B1G could have/ would have offered ND the same deal to partially join if they're holding a spot for them anyways.

But ND decided to join the ACC. I see no reason why they would not join the ACC when the time comes.

Re: Naw, we get a lookin in 2015.

Jan 31, 2013, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Naw, we get a lookin in 2015. ]

The B1G can add as many teams as they want. They can add 20 teams or stop at where they are. It is not a case of holding a spot but Notre Dame is a B1G school if it comes to football. They are not going to leave that on the table to join the ACC in all sports...not going to happen.

Why did they join the ACC?***

Jan 31, 2013, 10:27 PM

The ACC can add 20 teams if they want.***

Jan 31, 2013, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Naw, we get a lookin in 2015. ]

WHY do people even respond to this OBVIOUS COOT?***

Jan 31, 2013, 10:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would it increase or decrease the amount of coot trollage?***

Jan 31, 2013, 10:39 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot troll patrol....***

Jan 31, 2013, 11:10 PM

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive