Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there a way to lose a "beer belly" without losing beer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Is there a way to lose a "beer belly" without losing beer

Feb 9, 2013, 12:48 AM

yes this is tied to Tiger football

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

going out on a limb here but

Feb 9, 2013, 12:57 AM

eat less and be more physically active? This works for the wifey http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/mayoclinicdiet.htm#.URXkPpFV4iA

....just drop the "belly"***

Feb 9, 2013, 2:03 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pics

Feb 9, 2013, 11:52 AM [ in reply to going out on a limb here but ]

Now!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Yes

Feb 9, 2013, 1:02 AM

Eat better during the day, do something active to burn calories, drink in moderation. Worked for me.

It's that moderation part that trips me lol

Feb 9, 2013, 1:08 AM

Thanks for an honest answer . I try, I do exercise as much as I can. what kills me is eating, try as I may with making heathy lunches, I seem to allways be running late and end up at fast food.

then the honest truth is.. YOu dont want to lose

Feb 9, 2013, 8:46 AM

weight.

YOu are looking for a magic pill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: It's that moderation part that trips me lol

Feb 9, 2013, 12:58 PM [ in reply to It's that moderation part that trips me lol ]

No fries. Drink water. Fast food can work. Look at the nutritional info on what you are ordering.

Re: Is there a way to lose a "beer belly" without losing beer

Feb 9, 2013, 1:04 AM

You are my hero for having the courage to ask this ageless question.

Feb 9, 2013, 1:12 AM

Intermittent fasting is probably the easiest way to lose some weight without having to go into a full blown diet. Eat all of your food throughout a 6 hour period and fast for the other 18.

wow***

Feb 9, 2013, 1:15 AM

Watch This Movie:

Feb 9, 2013, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Is there a way to lose a "beer belly" without losing beer ]

You can stream it through Netflix and Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeGpSxkSP6c

It inspired me to go on a moderated juicing diet. I mostly eat/drink fruits and vegetables and I still indulge in beer and bbq several times a week. Even if you don't have a weight problem, this movie will inspire you to improve your mental and physical health. You'd be surprised how good mixing spinach, kale, carrots, and apples into a drink can taste.

Agreed. Well worth a look. Which juicer do you have?

Feb 9, 2013, 4:11 PM

We have a Breville and love it. But we also do smoothies and might get a vitamix blender in the future.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know the answer of course,. Eat healthy

Feb 9, 2013, 1:24 AM

drink in moderation and exercise.
What fun is that ?

I was hoping for some sort of deer antler remedy.

I did have a 25 yo girlfriend for a while, that seemed to do the trick !

Re: I know the answer of course,. Eat healthy

Feb 9, 2013, 8:04 AM

Those 25 year old girlfriends seem to work better when you are 18. Never get fat in the first place in that case.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Calories In. Calories Out.

Feb 9, 2013, 2:35 AM

It's almost that simple, but there are a few rules....

Exercise - Get moving
- Do some walking/running/elliptical 3-4 days a week. Only need 20-30min.
- Do some High Intensity (hard running, hills, weight lifting) 2x per week

Diet - snack all day, but keep it healthy.
- Ramp up the protein & Vegetables (think, if it didn't grow or if you can't hunt it down, then don't eat it)
- Cut back on Sugar, Fat, Dairy & Carb (in that order of importance)
- Eat a 70% protein breakfast. It get the Metabolism firing early (protein is harder to digest and the body has to work harder to do so)

In terms of drinks - Try liquor (watch the mixers). Or, choose the lowest 10 lowest calorie beers:

Beck's Premier Light: 64 calories
Amstel Light: 95 calories
Anheuser Busch Natural Light: 95 calories
Michelob Ultra: 95 calories
Natural Light: 95 calories
Miller Light: 96 calories
Heineken Light: 99 calories
Budweiser Select: 99 calories
Coors Light: 102 calories
Corona Light: 105 calories

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I had to drink that crap I'd stop drinking beer. :) *****

Feb 10, 2013, 10:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

drink light beer !

Feb 9, 2013, 4:23 AM

hey, thats what a dr. told an uncle of mine- no kidding.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Throw away your scales and don't look in the mirror!!

Feb 9, 2013, 5:31 AM

Buy more Beer!!

As long as you burn the calories from the beer,

Feb 9, 2013, 7:54 AM

one shouldn't get a beer belly. The beer belly comes when people just sit around drinking beer, don't do anything else, and the calories have nothing to do but turn into fat. So if a person can work to earn each beer they drink, he/she can avoid the beer belly. The amount of exercise depends on things like the weight of the individual and how strenuous the activity is, so I can't give a rule-of-thumb that works for everyone.

Weight watchers points plus

Feb 9, 2013, 8:18 AM

You get extra points to use, which can be used on beer, food whatever. A light beer is 3 pts. Think I get like 49 extra points a week. You can join and track points online or go to meetings.

Re: Weight watchers points plus

Feb 9, 2013, 8:32 AM

I lost about 60 pounds in 9 months with Weight Watchers online for men. I actually designated Saturdays for my cheat day where I ate stuff I liked so I didn't have to totally give it up. I stayed within the point structure for the week though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Switch from crappy #### beer, Bud, Coors, etc

Feb 9, 2013, 8:24 AM

to great craft beers!

By switching you drink alot less of them. Higher alcohol levels so a couple of them is like drinking a 12 pack of the other crap. Once you find your taste, you will be sipping instead of throwing down beer after beer of crap!

Same thing really can apply to foods also!

Re: Switch from crappy #### beer, Bud, Coors, etc

Feb 9, 2013, 8:30 AM

I adore craft brew to the point of insanity...but drinking less beer probably won't help in this situation because they're usually packed with calories.

Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron tops 400 calories I believe...granted it's 13% alcohol but still,that's a lot.

Yes they have more calories, but

Feb 9, 2013, 8:45 AM

two of those 400 (800 cals) vs 12 100 cal #### water (1200) 1/3 less calories and after two you wont need anymore!!! You will be quite happy!!! And have enjoyed something, instead of just poured crap down!

You are correct, in that moderation is the key, i find drinking and eating great tasting food and beer gives me a high satisfaction ratio. Vs the ole coors light and doritos bag.

I would drink a couple of great porters vs an unlimited amount of crap beer. Of course in college at TTT, i enjoyed the cheap pitchers, but i had much different goals then!

well that is what i did. and I guess that is the cause

Feb 9, 2013, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Switch from crappy #### beer, Bud, Coors, etc ]

I love beer, and the craft beers are so, so much better than the other crap.

But but they tend to pack close to 200 cals/ 12oz.

Point! ******

Feb 9, 2013, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Switch from crappy #### beer, Bud, Coors, etc ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been on weight watchers for a couple months and have lost 8 lbs

Feb 9, 2013, 8:38 AM

I do as richmaja does and have a cheating day. Ww is a great program. I eat more now than I ever have and foods I actually like. Just really have to watch the portion size. Fruits and vegetables have zero points.

For me.....5 weeks - 15 lbs. WW works!!***

Feb 9, 2013, 9:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2013, 8:51 AM

www.myfitnesspal.com

Free site. Just by tracking your daily food intake and exercise, you'll lose weight. The enemy to getting fit is not keeping track. You always allow yourself to cheat if it's not recorded.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Feb 9, 2013, 8:53 AM

an effective way is the "Paleo" diet. you basically eat anything natural - do not eat anything that has been processed because of chemicals, preservatives, etc. No refined sugars or flour(which includes most bread, pasta, cereal) absolutely nothing processed in the way of finished, frozen meals. i don't care what the claim, if you buy it prepared from the freezer section, it isn't that good. i am talking from not just a weight loss perspective, but health in general. way too many chemicals.

change to eating 5-6 small meals per day. this means healthy snacks, or salad, whatever you can fit in. this keeps metaboloism up by constant processing, but the small meals reduce the amount you eat and helps shrink the belly.

eat hot peppers. capsaicin helps to increase metabolism levels, which reduces fat.

caffeine, but in moderation.

cardio, cardio, cardio......need i say more?

if the idea is to get skinny again, fit into the high school jeans fast, stay off all alcohol for a "short period" of time. if you are going to continue drinking, stay away from the dark beers(my favorite and what i usually brew) they are much higher in calories. this is usually my problem, as i am a self proclaimed "alcoholic"

the whole idea is to burn more calories than are coming in. also, one other thing. there is a product on the market called "psyllium husk". there is no pleasant way to say this. Your intestines usually do not process or excrete all the crap(pun intended) that you eat. Psyllium will help your body expelled, quite actually, years of crap that are inside your intestines. this isn't going to reallistically help you instantly drop 10 pounds, but your body will process the food you eat better, plus you will not have issues inside your body(just think of crap sitting inside your body for multiple years and you will get an idea).

Feb 9, 2013, 9:03 AM

RE dark beers containing high calories: maltose has the highest glycemic index of any sugars. And sugars, of course, have the highest glycemic index of any carbohydrates.

Not all calories are created equal. Calories from meat, for example, have little to no carbs. Carbs are your enemy more than calories. Stick to lean meat, leafy greens and colorful vegetables.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2013, 8:56 AM

Tiger CC offers great advice above...,

I would expand on his approach and direct you to researching "The Primal Blueprint" by Mark Sisson or any number of ancestral health books, podcasts, websites - they are numerous and growing. Basic concept is to eat like our hunter-gatherer ancestors by removing grains, legumes and dairy, and of course all processed foods, especially sugars. The main culprit causing obesity today is insulin which is spiked when blood sugar goes up (by eating carbohydrates - and yes, beer is a grain based drink therefore, full of carbohydrates).

You won't be starving yourself or beholden to some company's packaged foods or limiting your calorie intake. You'll be eating lots proteins, fats and vegetables (for your carbohydrates).

Follow the exercise by TigerCC and eat Paleo and enjoy some beer in moderation.

If you want to look good naked - this is the way to go.

^^^This. Low carb, natural, whole foods=WTG***

Feb 9, 2013, 9:05 AM

Re: Calories In. Calories Out.***

Feb 9, 2013, 10:16 AM

Follow Eat to Live. Soon you won't want beer.

Feb 9, 2013, 11:49 AM

And you'll lose the gut. And feel better all around.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, P 90x...or just Pee 90 x's per day...

Feb 9, 2013, 12:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2013, 12:56 PM

This sounds girly but go to a website and determine how many calories you burn a day. Plug in age, sex, how active you are, etc. Once you see how many calories you burn each day you need to consume less than that each day. There is room for beer but you need to know the math which includes knowing how many calories the foods you eat contain. It's not just what food you eat but the quantity of food you eat. And don't think about cutting out breakfast. Eat fruit or healthy cereal each morning. This starts up you metobolism. Also, here is a biggie, look at the ingredients of the food and drinks you consume. If you can't pronounce the ingredients don't consume it. Our bodies are built to break down foods that grow naturally. Artificial products clogs down the process and ends up as fat. Learn to love WHOLE grain foods. Not multigrain but whole grain. No white bread!!! Instead of sweet tea drink water. No sodas at all. It will take a few weeks to learn to enjoy the natural foods. Once you do you will not turn back.

The other side of the equation is excercise. Becoming just slightly more active burns many more calories than watching tv. You don't need to become a marathon runner. 20 minutes several times a week of walking, jogging, weight lifting help tremendously.

Message was edited by: Tiger Contractor®

Yep. My fitness pal is a great app and web site.

Feb 9, 2013, 4:07 PM

I lost about 20 pounds between 2011 and 2012 just doing calorie counting with that app. Great tool. Amazing to see just how many calories I was taking in vs. burning off.

Now I am doing Eat to Live. Great thing about this lifestyle is I don't have to calorie count. I can eat all I want. And without all the sugar, caffeine and animal protein, I have fewer ups and downs in energy and mood. Great stuff.

http://www.drfuhrman.com/

This has been to my diet what Dave Ramsey was to my personal finances. A big-time game changer.

Re: Yep. My fitness pal is a great app and web site.

Feb 10, 2013, 11:45 AM

Congrats!

Sure. Replace lunch with about 4 beers.

Feb 9, 2013, 3:25 PM

Assuming you eat a normal lunch every day and retain the rest of your eating habits....you won't gain weight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic