Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
georgia running game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

georgia running game

Jun 8, 2013, 2:13 PM

imo we will have to stop the dogs running game to win. their passing game will not give us much trouble, because murray does not do well in high profile games, and the receivers will be young. our defense will not have to be perfect because we will score plenty. if we get a lead I believe it is game over. our crowd will be crazy from game day and party all day long and national game of the week and 2 top 10 teams. score early and stop the run game. we need to get at least 80 or more snaps to win this game and wear their d down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you watch our secondary last year? Of course their

Jun 8, 2013, 2:19 PM

passing game could give us trouble.

Re: Did you watch our secondary last year? Of course their

Jun 8, 2013, 2:34 PM

our secondary should be much better, having had a year of bv system. we brought in 8 dbs in this cycle and some will have to help, but we should have some back from health problems. I do believe we will be much better in pass d. if we have to bring up lb to help with stopping the run game then play action will come into play. those two running backs are as good as any tandem in college football imo. they will be the number one priority to stop.

Re: georgia running game

Jun 8, 2013, 2:21 PM

oddly enough - BOTH their running game and their passing game are going to give us fits. Our D has to BEND and not BREAK - and our O has to score 40+ points to beat the Dawgs. It won't be easy.

Jun 8, 2013, 3:51 PM

I am more worried about our running game than theirs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gurley is the Man (only Soph) and disappointed UG got him!

Jun 8, 2013, 5:03 PM

Of course UNC is disappointed to since he was right under their nose.

What is it that makes a young man leave his home state to go into foreign territory like Georgia?

Ok, maybe Dad or Uncle went there, GF is there, lore of SEC pulled him there or poor reputation of ACC at this time in producing football powers/national championships/pro invites.

Say...what do you say?!

gOtiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gurley is the Man (only Soph) and disappointed UG got him!

Jun 9, 2013, 10:24 PM

Have you heard of blonde hostesses and money?

Jun 8, 2013, 9:34 PM

Murray is good but like you said he has struggled in some high profile games. I think the crowd is the key, though, as he plays better in big games at home. Also, like most qbs, he doesnt like pressure getting to him. I think if the crowd is crazy, and it will be, and you can get to him early you can make them one-dimensional. Of course, with their offensive line and runningbacks that one dimension is still tough to defend. Plus, murray is too good not to make some throws. I think the clemson defense will be improved this year but I still think in the uga game both teams will score a good many points. Both offenses are just very good.

Jun 8, 2013, 10:19 PM

UGA can wear a team out with that running game. And Murray is gonna make plenty of plays. Those who think incoming FR are gonna prevent that hasn't watched much football. I think Vegas has it about right at UGA -3.

So incoming FR DBs (Clemson) can't make plays but FR WR

Jun 9, 2013, 1:06 AM

(UGA) can?

I'll say this, Sammy Watkins was one of the most electrifying freshman WR to play the sport and I'm not the only one that thinks so. I believe he is only 1 of 4 freshman to ever have the honor of First Team All American.

This kid we have coming in at DB, Mackenzie Alexander, was one of the few DB's in high school that could cover Sammy...you do the math.

Receivers will be young?

Jun 9, 2013, 10:14 AM

Except for the fact that the receivers are not young.
Malcolm Mitchell Jr.
Michael Bennett RsJr.
Chris Conley Jr.
Jonathan Rumph Jr.
Justin Scott-Weasley Jr.
Rantavious Wooten Jr.

It's going to come down to which defense can actually make

Jun 9, 2013, 10:41 AM

some stops. All of the big-time talent and experience is on the offensive side of the ball for these teams right now.

The one thing i really like is that our D can feed off of the crowd whereas UGA will have 8 or 9 (is that right?) new defensive starters trying to stop a great offense on the road in their first game.

^^^This

Jun 9, 2013, 11:01 AM

I like our chances to be the team that can get the crucial stops late in the game. Mostly because I expect we have more depth on D. I also expect to see the leghumpers with their hands on their hips all 4th qtr. The key for us is to protect the football. We can't spot them 10 easy points like we did LSU and expect to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

TOs and KRs could be the two caveats that would change it.***

Jun 9, 2013, 11:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TOs and KRs could be the two caveats that would change it.***

Jun 9, 2013, 11:06 AM

I agree with that, too. Gotta be improved on kick coverage. Hopefully, Sammy gets plenty of chances to return some, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2013, 1:16 PM

Really? I hope he only gets to return one KO. Start of 1st qtr or 3rd.

Jun 9, 2013, 2:32 PM

Welllllllll, I expect them to get a couple field goals, at least.

I'm torn about this game

Jun 10, 2013, 12:34 AM

Obviously I think our offense is going to be explosive and put points on their defense. I think Hot Rod will be even better this year (last I heard he is up to about 200 lbs and is putting up great numbers in the weight room). Our passing game will be great as usual and I think our O-line will be much improved. I don't know what to think about their defense since they have 9 new starters, but with the way they recruit I doubt it will be bad.

On the other side, I think our defense will be VASTLY improved. Our d-line now has some experience and we have some legitimate depth and weapons. It is time for all of our national recruited, four and five star linebackers to start making some noise as well. I think our secondary will be better (injuries and depth KILLED us last year, they even had Humphries cross-training at CB). But I still think that may be our weak link. UGA's running game is going to be very hard to stop.

All in all, I think it will depend on who gets the most stops, how loud Death Valley is, and which team is hungrier. I think we pull it out.

^^^THIS and thus... Clemson by at least 10. I'm not changing***

Jun 9, 2013, 11:01 AM [ in reply to It's going to come down to which defense can actually make ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a different improved (hopefully)

Jun 9, 2013, 11:18 AM

The key will be the front 7 getting pressure and I believe they will!!!

our front 7 will be much improved, plus getting blanks in

Jun 9, 2013, 3:02 PM

his,imo, more natural position at safety, and getting our starting corners back healthy for the first time since last year will equate to a defense on par with any uga will see on their entire '13 schedule. now, did i mention that we, unlike most of the "dogs" foes, also have an offense that can light up a scoreboard like they are playing an old-fashioned pinball machine and that, my fellow tigers, will result in a victory that starts us out on a very successful campaign. bcs or bust!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe so and hope so --- But,

Jun 10, 2013, 12:18 AM

the last game of 2012 season still haunts me. We were favored, at home, crowd into it, seniors to win for first time, etc., etc. Our opponent played with 2nd string qb and their best rb was injured. We should have killed them - didn't happen. The UGA game definitely worries me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic