Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Taibbi on White Fragility
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 619

Taibbi on White Fragility

Jun 29, 2020, 8:09 PM

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/on-white-fragility

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read the comments for some idea of just how deep and

Jun 29, 2020, 8:35 PM

profound this derangement really is. Jibberish piled on top of nonsense piled on top of lunacy. That anyone would take it seriously is alarming.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

this delusion makes the rioting seem like a day at Disney***

Jun 29, 2020, 8:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

geechie post

Jun 29, 2020, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Read the comments for some idea of just how deep and ]

Is this article is just another unwarranted and ludicrous assertion purporting to represent an analytical disquisition and discourse with anti-establishment intertextuality followed by a seamless 'comment' thread full of pseudo-sapient nonintellectual sesquipedalians vainly attempting to implement the leverage of multidimensional platforms filled with exuberant verbosity and garrulousness combined with bombastic loquaciousness, creating grandiose ad hominem confabulations hedging on obscurantism antithetical to efficacious communications for the purposes of diverting the discussion and/or to challenge the opponent's vocabulary comprehension, thereby inviting reciprocating opprobrium and vituperation rendering irrelevant idiosyncratic germaneness to an otherwise saliently enlightened subject? - Snake Doctor

Re: geechie post

Jun 30, 2020, 7:15 AM

Your mom is a sesquipedalian

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

geechie post -Dang son, you musta worn out your Ouija Board***

Jun 30, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to geechie post ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love that it’s a question?

Jun 30, 2020, 8:57 AM [ in reply to geechie post ]

Like it’s inviting a counter.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thought the same***

Jun 30, 2020, 9:08 AM

Re: Taibbi on White Fragility

Jun 29, 2020, 8:46 PM

Just pipe down and go away. You have already shown you have no spine and no morals. You always have subtle ignorant passive aggressive posts.

It echoes my conversation with the SJW the other night.

Jun 29, 2020, 8:49 PM

The bottom line is this: Old white guys (and their families) are the problem, and anything and everything is justified in bringing them down. Laws are illegitimate and do not apply. I guess that's my white fragility talking?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It echoes my conversation with the SJW the other night.

Jun 29, 2020, 8:55 PM

so this is from an ironic FB thread

Jun 29, 2020, 8:58 PM [ in reply to It echoes my conversation with the SJW the other night. ]

original post...

BLACK LIVES MATTER. PERIOD. If you can’t see/understand the racial injustice that is imbedded throughout our country, I suggest you educate yourself before spewing your opinions all over the place as if they are facts. Here’s a few things you can simply google to educate yourselves;

- systematic racism
- institutional racism
- structural racism
- passive racism
- prejudice
- discrimination
- colorism
- white privilege
- white fragility

What to take away from this comment: EDUCATE YOURSELF.

after some arguing back and forth between many people, the OP posted this...

Everything I listed in my status was taught in Intro to Sociology at The University of #########. There is no miseducation. Disagreements? Yes. Do disagreements always need to be addressed? No.

Well the irony of educating oneself with one class of Intro to Sociology. This is a really sweet young lady, just confused a little.

Couldn’t all those “bullet points” be wrapped together

Jun 29, 2020, 10:45 PM

.... and just called “VICTIMHOOD”?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and the response from another poster in the thread

Jun 29, 2020, 11:15 PM

Im so glad you included white fragility! Because its coming to light. White people cannot talk about race without making it about themselves, and showing how truly uncomfortable they are with it. They have deep
rooted fears of Black people, and its so engrained that cant identify it. And i also guarantee, most of the white people that feel that way have never listened and VALUED a Black person's feelings about how alive racism is in our world. The status quo has changed, our generation and gen Z does NOT put up with it. Be proud of that!! Young people will always been at the forefront of progression. This is our future. The future of our children!! Civil rights is not the norm anymore, TRUE EQUALITY is what we are uniting for. And we wont stop. #BLACKLIVESMATTER

This is not the OP, but great 20-something wisdom.

Fear not.

Jun 30, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to so this is from an ironic FB thread ]

Never, has anyone with any self respect demanded proof that something didn't happen. The dems have this fantastic way of saying something, calling it truth, getting millions of elite intellectuals to agree and set a narrative that if you can't disprove it, it must be true.

We've posted more than one study which dismisses the rhetoric that cops are systematically killing blacks. It puts them in fits of rage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His examples of Satchel Page and Jackie Robinson

Jun 29, 2020, 9:02 PM

was a impressive way of showing how dangerously uninformed this author is. It shows how insidious
a white-centric framing found in the book's narrative totally insults and degrades them as individuals.

I haven't read it, but from appearances and this article, that book seems so wrong.

great observation***

Jun 29, 2020, 9:05 PM

Have you read the book he's talking about?***

Jun 29, 2020, 9:12 PM

I have not***

Jun 29, 2020, 9:13 PM

I don’t know Taibbi but I admire anyone who can read

Jun 29, 2020, 11:45 PM

an entire book like White Fragility so as to write a review. I wouldn’t have the stomach or patience.

Also, I looked at his Wikipedia site. Quite the interesting life.

null

however, it should be pointed out that this article is much more

Jun 30, 2020, 3:54 AM

than a review of DiAngelo's book. It is also a commentary on the concept of white fragility and its consequences in society.

At a time of catastrophe and national despair, when conservative nationalism is on the rise and violent confrontation on the streets is becoming commonplace, it’s extremely suspicious that the books politicians, the press, university administrators, and corporate consultants alike are asking us to read are urging us to put race even more at the center of our identities, and fetishize the unbridgeable nature of our differences. Meanwhile books like The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and To Kill a Mockingbird, which are both beautiful and actually anti-racist, have been banned, for containing the “N-word.” (White Fragility contains it too, by the way). It’s almost like someone thinks there’s a benefit to keeping people divided.

Re: however, it should be pointed out that this article is much more

Jun 30, 2020, 4:20 AM

I am a fan of Tahibi, but I always find myself reaching for a thesaurus. "Hate inc" is an essential read.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll check it out...

Jun 30, 2020, 4:44 AM

dude makes a lot of sense and refreshingly doesn't approach the topic with a political ideology.

Re: I'll check it out...

Jun 30, 2020, 5:00 AM

he is as liberal as they come though, but he looks at things through a more pragmatic lens and does not stir the pot. Great writer, very smart guy.

Mumbo turned me on to him a few weeks ago...

Jun 30, 2020, 5:16 AM

Obviously Rolling Stone is not in my typical repertoire, but I like how the guy writes.

I don't have a problem with liberal. I like how he brings attention to the divisiveness in the country.

I believe that is the biggest problem we face. We can't even be civil and respectful of differences so how can we expect to handle problems like racism?

Re: Mumbo turned me on to him a few weeks ago...

Jun 30, 2020, 5:42 AM

don't expect you to watch 2 hours of this, but 1:32:30 is hilarious. https://youtu.be/EB9JHwzzyX4?t=5548

See, and now I find it frustrating again.

Jun 30, 2020, 9:20 AM

I don't know if you're talking about the Hunter S story or the Ted Cruz story, but if it's the latter, that just annoys the heck out of me. What he said was, all the journalists covering Cruz knew this was a ridiculous story, but they would still keep it alive because they found his reaction to it so funny.

I just don't understand how journalists think their profession has an ounce of integrity or warrants an ounce of respect at this point.

null

Re: See, and now I find it frustrating again.

Jun 30, 2020, 11:07 AM

It is kind of the point, If Cruz can not handle something so trivial as bunch of journalists heckling him over something they all know is not true, then how is he supposed to lead the country when so easily flummoxed? Had he a sense of humor they'd probably leave him alone, but think we can all agree that he lacks any sort fo personality and that is why they poke fun at him.

I get that thought process, but that's not how he portrayed

Jun 30, 2020, 1:22 PM

the situation.

First of all, I DO get that thinking, but I don't agree that that's the role of journalists. Ask hard questions? Absolutely. Take up the time of their readers/watchers and a presidential candidate about a ridiculous claim that he freely admits they all knew was ridiculous? Nope. A waste of time, even if I conceded that the job of reporters is to stress a candidate, which I don't. The role of reporters is to get facts and truth to my eyes and ears.

But that's not even how he portrayed it. It was like a big joke..."Hey, who's going to ask Cruz about the murderer thing today? Ha ha ha." They were having fun, because they don't take their role seriously. Which is why I don't take them seriously, as a profession.

null

Re: Taibbi on White Fragility

Jun 30, 2020, 8:38 AM

Perfect description:
"tricked-up pseudo-intellectual horse$hit as corporate wisdom"

Replies: 29
| visibility 619
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic