Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Cowherd calls out Ohio State for blaming officiating in Fiesta Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Cowherd calls out Ohio State for blaming officiating in Fiesta Bowl

Dec 30, 2019, 4:31 PM

WATCH: Cowherd calls out Ohio State for blaming officiating in Fiesta Bowl

FS1's Colin Cowherd weighed in on the talk about the officiating's effect on the Fiesta Bowl Saturday. Ohio State AD Gene Smith went on the record as being "pis Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Cowherd calls out Ohio State for blaming officiating in Fiesta Bowl

Dec 30, 2019, 4:38 PM

Kind of starting to warm up to cowherd...

Despite him calling us "frauds" in '16....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Cowherd calls out Ohio State for blaming officiating in Fiesta Bowl

Dec 30, 2019, 5:02 PM

nah- just shilling for ratings and clicks. another rat poison peddler we dont need to listen too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 5:27 PM

he's right, but so is a stopped clock twice a day. He's still a turd

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

OSU fans are still crying.

Dec 30, 2019, 5:55 PM

It’s football, bad calls happen. Was it a fumble? Who cares, as far as the targeting. That was actually the second player I would have ejected, the first was #4 on a run by Trevor. Is this the first time OSU has had a player ejected? Boy they must be babied by their conference officials.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OSU fans are still crying.

Dec 31, 2019, 10:54 AM

OSU is hurting their overall argument by trying to claim TL lowered his head into the strike zone. It is a physiological response to "ball up" to prepare for impact when you are about to be ASSAULTED!

He's absolutely correct***

Dec 30, 2019, 5:57 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: He's absolutely correct***

Dec 30, 2019, 7:10 PM

That's the most correct comments I have ever heard Cowturd say! Having the AD whining about the officiating is crazy! We should have had 3 more pics plus we lost some of our best players through stretches of the game. OSU was whacking our guys! That hit where Wade got ejected, CY should have got a roughing the passer also for slamming forearm through TLs neck, trying to injure him.

Dec 30, 2019, 6:15 PM

;)

Dec 30, 2019, 6:51 PM

My favorite line was when he was talking about OSU complaining about the replays stopped their momentum and Cowherd said if you think you are going to have momentum for 4 hours against Clemson, you're dillusional.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are you making me want to start liking Cowherd?

Dec 30, 2019, 7:26 PM

He's right BTW.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Ya'll need to stop acting

Dec 30, 2019, 7:33 PM

Like this board wouldn't be looking the exact same way if everything was reversed.

You think there'd be more posts about Clemson settling for FGs, or for the targeting call and fumble/incompletion?

You're lying if you deny it.

The targeting was the right call (although the rule needs to be changed), and we got fortunate that NFL/CFB refs still can't agree on concrete terms of "what is a catch". Call could've easily gone the other way.

Yes, OSU fans are completely whiny and won't give any credit to Clemson for the way they played.

And, yes, TNet would be doing the EXACT SAME THING if the roles were reversed while OSU fans would call Clemson "whiny"

You need to stop acting

Dec 30, 2019, 8:19 PM

and posting.

Why do you think

Dec 30, 2019, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Ya'll need to stop acting ]

the targeting rule needs to be changed? I agree with Colin's take that it's on the defender not to lower their head and lead with their helmet. It doesn't matter what the offensive player does (duck, lower, dip, whatever) if you are leading with your face the way you're taught.

Re: Why do you think

Dec 31, 2019, 10:17 AM

I like the idea of Flagrant 1 and 2. This would’ve been Flagrant 1 with penalty but no ejection. The OU player that was headhunting vs LSU would get Flagrant 2.

How would you feel if Simmons was ejected in Natty for similar play?

Dec 30, 2019, 7:37 PM

This is my first post.

What I saw on the Ross incomplete vs. fumble was a catch at the 31 yard line, then Ross got pushed back by the DB and fumbled at the 28. If it was a catch, forward progress stopped at the 31, so it would have been Clemson ball at the 31.

Did anyone else see this?

Dec 30, 2019, 8:14 PM

Totally agree with that. It was either a catch and momentum stopped or an incomplete pass. Either way, should have been blown dead...

Honestly though, I didn’t think it was a catch. Not going to be a catch in the nfl and I thought as well after rewatching the game that the officials followed more nfl than anything. They let the receivers play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 9:06 PM

On a play like that, the refs are told NOT to blow the play dead but to let it play out.

This is the extremely important exception to “must have incontrovertible video evidence to overturn the call.” The play was allowed to continue to allow the recovering/returning team the opportunity to benefit in the event it WAS a fumble. The “ruling on the field” of a fumble may not even be the opinion of the ref who decided to allow the play to continue.

Dec 31, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Cowherd calls out Ohio State for blaming officiating in Fiesta Bowl ]

Thank you! OSU has made such a big deal about the "Call on the Field" but the refs are told to air on the side of caution with a play like this and let the play continue instead of blowing it dead and LETTING THE REPLAY SORT IT OUT!

Dec 30, 2019, 8:40 PM

He is absolutely correct!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 8:43 PM

Whenever you go against the defending champion as a challenger your told "Don't leave the decision to the judges....leave no doubt". Ohio State getting into the red zone on 4 1st half possessions and only coming away with 16 points was what led to their lost. Blaming the refs is a poor excuse. The Buckeyes had Clemson on the ropes and failed to deliver a knockout blow. Clemson took a standing 8 count, came back and won. End of discussion. On to Nawlins to slay them Bayou Bengals.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:02 PM

What amazes me is that I have seen very little about the fact that the Ohio State defensive backs had a hand full of jersey all night long, and it went unaddressed for the most part. They had apparently been coached well to do so. There was at least one other targeting that went unnoticed when early in the game Etienne was targeted on the sideline. We dropped what would have been an easy "pick six", and Kendricks missed an opportunity to intercept. The point is that if all the "ifs" had happened, the outcome would have probably been the same or even a bigger margin for us. Our father used to tell us when we whined over a game and the "ifs" that "if" a hoppy toad had wings, he would not bust his bottom every time he jumped.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:49 PM

As far as targeting, maybe there should be a couple of punishment levels, but targeting needs to be treated as a serious issue. All during the game, it was said more than once that the Ohio State defensive players were told by a coach to "hit" Lawrence if he ran the ball. What other point can be taken from such a directive other than to hurt him if you get the chance? They don't need to be told to tackle him as that is a given. To tell them to "hit" him is a pretty darn serious directive. The competition is a game...not a war. To Clemson's credit, I cannot think of a time that there was an obvious intent to hurt an opposing player, and I cannot imagine Dabo condoning a coach telling players to take advantage of an opportunity to "hit" an opposing player. He respects the game too much.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:18 PM

OSt players pushed the envelope until they were penalized. So many cheap shots made, many after the play was over. So many holds on receivers and defenders. Coach calling for hitting the qb should be reprimanded.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Cowherd calls out Ohio State for blaming officiating in Fiesta Bowl ]

OSt players pushed the envelope until they were penalized. So many cheap shots made, many after the play was over. So many holds on receivers and defenders. Coach calling for hitting the qb should be reprimanded.

Dec 31, 2019, 2:07 AM

AMEN!

Dec 31, 2019, 2:07 AM

AMEN!

fraud?

Jan 1, 2020, 11:34 PM

It’s amazing the guys that go after us and are proven wrong, often become our advocates. (Lugubrious much?, Pollack? ) Of course except for Gollumbaum and cycleman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic