Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey, gun nuts.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Hey, gun nuts.

Mar 13, 2020, 11:42 AM

Probably gonna pick up a pistola today for the road trip.

I'm a pretty good shot...I used to bullseye womp rats with my t16 back home.

I'm leaning towards a Magnum PI.

In all sirrusness, what's a good option for self protection to keep in the glovebox for a few hundos?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For security and protection I wreck or mend these two

Mar 13, 2020, 11:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

38 special

Mar 13, 2020, 11:47 AM

revolver so easy to use won't jamb small yet packs a punch. If you want semi-automatic there are a lot of good 9mm guns out there. Find a big gun shop look around pick a couple and then google them if you like. Everyone is different and that's why there are so many different guns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good choice, however

Mar 13, 2020, 1:37 PM

Be sure to hold on loosely and don't let go. If you squeeze too tightly, you're gonna lose control.

or so I've heard.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Plus the band was decent entertainment.***

Mar 13, 2020, 5:18 PM [ in reply to 38 special ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S&W M&P Shield 9MM $250***

Mar 13, 2020, 11:48 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is probably the best deal going***

Mar 13, 2020, 11:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how about Taurus PT111 Millennium G2?***

Mar 13, 2020, 11:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taurus quality may have gotten better, but I think there are

Mar 13, 2020, 11:54 AM

too many better manufacturers out there to buy one. And I have a Taurus PT1911, but I don't shoot it anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how about Taurus PT111 Millennium G2?***

Mar 13, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to how about Taurus PT111 Millennium G2?*** ]

Stay away from Taurus Millenium Pro ... factory never could make it right. Traded for S&W M&P Shield 9 ... great inexpensive gun!

Good call this one won out, but they couldn’t

Mar 13, 2020, 3:59 PM [ in reply to S&W M&P Shield 9MM $250*** ]

or wouldn’t touch that price. Came down to it and the glock 48 but S&W felt just as good for less.

Springfield Hellcat or XDS

Mar 13, 2020, 11:49 AM

Only downside is the 6+1 capacity.

Honestly though, if you really DGAF with no plans to shoot much, Highpoint's aren't a bad option. People make fun of them a lot, but I had a 9mm for awhile and never had any problems.

You owned a highpoint????

Mar 13, 2020, 1:37 PM

color me shocked.

sarcasm.gif

A man without a cheap burner is no man at all***

Mar 13, 2020, 1:58 PM

I bought this one a couple years ago...

Mar 13, 2020, 11:50 AM

Works pretty good. They have a smaller version for concealed carry.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for the car you say

Mar 13, 2020, 11:52 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHHj8IavEjk

for something smaller, it personal preference.

I have a FNX .45 in my truck. holds 13 rounds.

Wife carries s&W 642 in .38. As others stated, less moving parts, less jams, just point and shoot.

I love magnum PI's but they are single shot only so you have to carry them cocked and locked. not the best for the glove box.

Also, know your glove box laws for each state on your trip.

That's a little overkill. I think I would be OK with just a

Mar 13, 2020, 11:57 AM

PSA MP5 clone if they'd ever release the fuggin thing.

Without a doubt, get a revolver.

Mar 13, 2020, 12:01 PM

The fact that you're getting something you won't have a chance to practice with, and time to get familiar with operation prior to HOPING that it works as intended screams revolver. They're essentially idiot-proof in terms of throwing it in a glovebox and putting into service with zero practice. You can pick up a Ruger, Taurus, or Rock Island .38 for under $400. Your wife and kids will probably inherently know how to operate one should they be required to, it won't disappoint when it's not cleaned or oiled meticulously, and you won't fumble with the safety or slide because you forgot how it works in a critical moment.

My first advice is that you don't get a gun at all unless you're comfortable firing one and you're willing to pull the trigger when it matters...but if you pass that checklist, don't get wrapped up in the caliber and capacity. For a situation like I think you're describing, you're looking at getting off 1 or 2 shots for protection. If you're in an actual firefight, you're probably screwed no matter what you're carrying because TV shows and movies don't provide actual training for myriad mistakes you're going to make in a sustained gunfight.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can't tell, I aspire for my posts to be like yours...

Mar 13, 2020, 12:10 PM

The 3.6% of the time that we're being serious, I hope my suggestions are as useful as yours. Gracias.

And yes, I pass the first two tests. I have shot before, and were my family threatened, the decision to fire might be the simplest of my life; I just haven't had the urge to own one. My general distrust of the general public has finally reached the point where the desire to own has kicked in though.

Something to keep in mind about a revolver

Mar 13, 2020, 12:17 PM

.357 can also shoot 38 special. 38 special is a little kinder on the hands, especially in the event your wife would ever need to use it.

WHY AM I EVEN WATCHING THESE TV SHOWS THEN?***

Mar 13, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Without a doubt, get a revolver. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same reason we all are.

Mar 13, 2020, 1:38 PM

For sex tips, DUH.

Wait so I can't make it through a hole building of bad guys

Mar 13, 2020, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Without a doubt, get a revolver. ]

and fire 40 rounds on 1 normal clip?

wat a crock of ####.

forgot to report....

Mar 13, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Without a doubt, get a revolver. ]
TBW.jpg(62.3 K)

Just couldn't resist it any longer. Have procured the True Black Widow .22Mag/LR convertible revolver. With red Laserlyte (already had this).

Shown here in my hand for size perspective. Major sweetness.

Can we also get a picture of your penor in your hand for

Mar 13, 2020, 1:39 PM

scale?

These are actually outstanding firearms, as you and I have

Mar 13, 2020, 1:43 PM [ in reply to forgot to report.... ]

discussed before...with the caveat that the effective range is going to be drastically diminished over a larger revolver for the average shooter, and especially in a high tension situation, and will require more practice time to get proficient. I shoot mine fairly regularly, because I can do it in the back yard or at the farm...but in Obed's case, I think he would want something that makes scoring a hit to vitals a little easier.

But yeah...I'm jealous. Might have to pass the old one on to the Mrs. and do the same!

People in my hood are having guns stolen each night from car

Mar 13, 2020, 2:12 PM

NextDoor is a crazy place.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes, you need to lock your car doors.

Mar 13, 2020, 4:05 PM

like if there are any teenagers in your hood.

Or....

Mar 13, 2020, 4:53 PM

if your car has doors.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic