Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for those of you who take/read the "state" paper:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,748

Question for those of you who take/read the "state" paper:

Mar 23, 2013, 9:23 AM

since Spurrier, in his call-in show last year, called out and essentially promised to "take care" of Ron Morris for him having the gaul to write something that wasn't positive about Spurrier, has Morris written anything other than positive/fluff pieces about gamecock football/sports in general? I ask because I get the impression Morris was given an ulitmatum by the University and State Paper--knock it off with pieces that question and/or are critical of the program or else. Just what journalism should be all about, eh? lol.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's absolutely no question Morris's approach/attitude

Mar 23, 2013, 9:29 AM

towards Spurrier and the usuck athletic department has changed to a much more congenial tone since Spurrier pulled that stunt.......him "threatening" to go elsewhere because of Morris's columns was childish and typical of such a huge ego.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The State has determined that the only way they can survive

Mar 23, 2013, 9:43 AM

is by devoting most of the limited resources they have to Carolina sports. I would have stopped getting it long ago but my wife likes the bridge column and the crossword.

for low country readers, he means the "stet pepper."

Mar 23, 2013, 9:43 AM

Just wanting to clear up any confusion :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

funny!.....and pretty accurate too!!***

Mar 23, 2013, 9:50 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for those of you who take/read the "state" paper:

Mar 23, 2013, 10:26 AM

I just wish they would change the name and call it what it is...The gamecock news. I hate not having a paper to read but i refuse to buy that.

"The State" newspaper - oh... you mean "The USC Times"***

Mar 23, 2013, 11:34 AM

Re: Question for those of you who take/read the "state" paper:

Mar 23, 2013, 12:25 PM

I remember growing up and looking at the comics every Sunday before church in the state paper. But after a while my parents got tired of "The Gamecocks (State)" paper and canceled. My entire family, uncles, aunts, grandparents, and cousins, all have canceled the state and hasn't had it for years because of that. Morris has toned it down a little bit from what I've heard. Carolina is scared to death they might lose the Bal-Sac so they bow down to whatever he wants. If Carolina farts and wins a contest for it, it's all over the front page with a 5 piece pull out poster puzzle. I wouldn't wipe my "you know what" with it.

For those of you who take/read the "state" paper:

Mar 23, 2013, 12:41 PM

QUIT GIVING MONEY TO THE COOT MEDIA MACHINE! That is all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Buy her a crossword book

Mar 23, 2013, 12:55 PM

Snd a bridge book

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

My TNetter friends are right....The paper has become more

Mar 23, 2013, 7:06 PM

local rather than regional in coverage and should be called "The Daily Gamecock II." I have no doubt that calls or visits were made by university personnel to the powers-that-be at "The State," and hence, the fawning coverage devoted to SC. They are already leading the campaign for Clowney for the Heisman, and no doubt will intensify efforts this fall with special sections, as they did for Lattimore.

This is why I asked previously about the coverage of Clemson in the Greenville and Anderson papers, both of which were heavy Clemson supporters during my days in school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should change to old pm paper name "The Columbia Record"

Mar 23, 2013, 8:26 PM

as that what it has become. Coverage of coots, 5 Points Crime, and gangs dominates coverage. They try to avoid mentioning Greenville and Charleston as they are the thriving spots in this state.

Yep Morris has caved in to the pressure.***

Mar 23, 2013, 8:41 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,748
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic