Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
for all u big 12 advocates, the Tuberville move to the Big
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

for all u big 12 advocates, the Tuberville move to the Big

Dec 8, 2012, 2:26 PM

East MUST tell you something !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: for all u big 12 advocates, the Tuberville move to the Big

Dec 8, 2012, 2:28 PM

Yeah hes friends with the AD at cincy.

And he is tired of being in Lubbock Texas in the middle of

Dec 8, 2012, 2:30 PM

Nowhere where everyone compares you to mike leach

And Cinci's last two coaches have gone to ND and Tenn.***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:30 PM

Kind of my point, Big 12 is now a dead end***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:35 PM

Re: Kind of my point, Big 12 is now a dead end***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:37 PM

Yeah with big bro Tex and ou also being compared to leach has to suck.

Re: Kind of my point, Big 12 is now a dead end***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:49 PM

UNCheat and Duke makes the ACC look to be the Golden Pond. The big east teams are running over each other to get in. Some believe that the mighty ACC is a step up from the Big east. But is it really!!!:(

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC was in bidding war for louisville and ND

Dec 8, 2012, 2:39 PM

with the Big 12 and the ACC got both. Louisville was the biggest fish left and the ACC got them over the Big 12

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is funny

Dec 8, 2012, 2:41 PM

you actually think the B12 tried to get UL to be #11? Really?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

According to Greg Wallace and Philpott they

Dec 8, 2012, 2:43 PM

really wanted Louisville. Be careful you don't say anything about Yorks precious Big 12. I'd say both of them know more than you york, but you do have the dude huh?

funny stuff***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:49 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

No the funny stuff was your Clemson and FSU to Big 12

Dec 8, 2012, 2:51 PM

last year and still trying to hold on to that. Go back and pull those post up for us york, need a good laugh

go ahead and pull them up... please

Dec 8, 2012, 2:53 PM

I haven't said anything about B12 and CU/FSU lately, so you're wrong there...

but you may look foolish in the future

So you're starting to smarten up?***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:55 PM

Define "lately."***

Dec 8, 2012, 3:16 PM [ in reply to go ahead and pull them up... please ]

I know you feel you have some good intel, but if the ACC

Dec 8, 2012, 3:23 PM [ in reply to funny stuff*** ]

stays intact, and if the idea behind all this conference re-shuffling is eyes on the TV rather than fannies in the seats (this has been the mantra of all the expansion hoopla) then the ACC is set better than anyone for long term financial gain, especially with ND. Why?

The total population for all the states in the current 14 team ACC is over 100 million people. The total population for the 14 team SEC states is 90 million. The only way you can accurately account for each conference when more than one conference has a team in the state is count the full population for each conference. For example, in the 90 million for the SEC I counted all 25 million in Texas toward the SEC, which is clearly a gross exaggeration in favor of the SEC.

Now, in the ACC, we have the most popular team in the country, love them or hate them, in Notre Dame. An ACC network that includes the member states with a population of over 100 million people per the US Census, and the most nationally recognized team in the country, Notre Dame, seems to have the best long term ability to make the most money, regardless of how things appear in 2012. What type of contract would the ACC have already if Miami was playing as they were a decade ago, and Clemson, FSU, and Va Tech are playing each year the way they are capable. In the 80's and 90's Pitt and Syracuse were very good, especially Pitt. Notre Dame seems to be back.

The Big 12 is a terrible option in my opinion, and if they and the SEC can't grab additional states from the ACC area, the Big 12 and the SEC have few marque options for new teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please.

Dec 8, 2012, 2:43 PM

Big 12 schools will be richer than the Big East or ACC schools will dream of being in the foreseeable future.

In response to another poster, the Big 12 did not lose a "bidding war" for Louisville - they did not extend an invite. Period.

But if believing and repeating those falsehoods makes you feel better about the ACC vis a vis the Big 12, by all means go for it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proof they didn't invite Louisville? Got a source?***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:44 PM

So let me get this straight...

Dec 8, 2012, 2:47 PM

You're asking me to disprove a negative? While taking Greg Wallace and Philpott's speculation of the Big 12's interest in Louisville as "truth"?

I said the Big 12 didn't extend an invite to Louisville. Do you, or anyone else, have any "proof" that they did, and UL turned it down?

isn't it great how that works?

Dec 8, 2012, 2:52 PM

He bashes for someone saying B12 wasn't interested, but then speculates as if it's truth...

he's a funny guy

Show me where i bashed?

Dec 8, 2012, 2:54 PM

You two said they weren't interested so show me they weren't

tagging everything you say with "B12 this summer"

Dec 8, 2012, 2:55 PM

"York your source" etc... is bashing

Did you not say you had sources? How is that bashing***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:56 PM

no.. I never came on this board and said

Dec 8, 2012, 2:57 PM

"I have sources guys"...

I just posted some info I was given... and you should be careful not to continually discount it.

I should be careful? Your info was WRONG***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:59 PM

we'll see***

Dec 8, 2012, 3:01 PM

We have already seen.

Dec 8, 2012, 3:04 PM

Clemson is ACC, get used to it. Clemson wouldn't vote for a 50 million dollars exit fee if it wanted to leave. Also why didn't GT and UVA leave monday like so many said they would?

I said nothing about GT and UVA

Dec 8, 2012, 3:05 PM

who knows?

I didn't say you did, I said so many

Dec 8, 2012, 3:06 PM

Ok so this isn't going anywhere, no need to keep going

By that logic, I'll state the following:

Dec 8, 2012, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Show me where i bashed? ]

If Chad Morris leaves, Chip Kelly wants to be Clemson's new OC.

Show me where he's denied it.

Re: Show me where i bashed?

Dec 8, 2012, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Show me where i bashed? ]

You should be the one doing the "proving". Prove that the Big12 was after Louisville. You really believe Louisville would turn down an extra $15 million a year? Dream on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wallace and Philpott are better than what you have

Dec 8, 2012, 2:52 PM [ in reply to So let me get this straight... ]

They have closer sources that you, who is yours York?

you need to be careful continually calling me out publicly***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:53 PM

Wow you got threats. LOL, you started the whole crap

Dec 8, 2012, 2:58 PM

You don't want me to respond, then don't respond to my post with laughing. Also your threats don't bother me dude.

I don't threaten...

Dec 8, 2012, 3:00 PM

You posted something that was factually wrong... UL was never invited to the B12.

So show me where they wasn't?

Dec 8, 2012, 3:02 PM

You say I am wrong for saying they were, so show me your proof they weren't? They took WV, so why wouldn't they want Louisville? Also telling me to be careful calling you out in public sounds a lot like a threat to me

Re: I don't threaten...

Dec 8, 2012, 3:03 PM [ in reply to I don't threaten... ]

and you know this how. the dude tell you

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

WOOOOOOHOOOO INTERNET FIST FIGHT YA'LL

Dec 8, 2012, 3:00 PM [ in reply to you need to be careful continually calling me out publicly*** ]

can't wait

Hey I was jumped from behind

didn't know so many was so sensitive over the Big 12. Well yeah I did

I heard you liked it !

Dec 8, 2012, 3:09 PM

LOL, just kidding

and by the way..The Little 12 suks, I know....I live here

They weren't that good this year for sure

Dec 8, 2012, 3:12 PM

OU and K st and the rest were mediocre. Texas was 3rd best and were they really that good? Truth is that road schedule would not benefit Clemson, just ask WV

It tells us Lubbock is a sh%@ hole.***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:46 PM

" GUNS UP !"***

Dec 8, 2012, 2:48 PM

I actually think there is something to this. There is no

Dec 8, 2012, 2:48 PM

substantial proof yet that the Big 12 will actually outlast the ACC as a major football conference. Sure they have some strong schools, and have outperformed the ACC recently. You also have to keep in mind though that the Big 12 has had 4 schools defect in Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, and Missouri. To offset this, they brought in just a Big East and a Mountain West school in West Virginia and TCU. There were reports last year that both Louisville and BYU rejected Big 12 offers, and they're still at just 10 schools and aren't even able to have a championship game. No school from a major conference (the ACC, SEC, Big 10, or Pac-12) has made the move to the Big 12, and it could be it's just not as great of a place to be as most here seem to think.

Outside of Texas, the Big 12 isn't that great of a recruiting area, and the east coast of America has a much greater population density than the Big 12 areas.

It's really pretty empty out there. There's also the fact that Texas, having their own sports network, has a distinct advantage in terms of revenue-earning. If Oklahoma or Texas ever decide to leave to the Pac-12 or Big 10, which was discussed a few years ago, the conference is still going to be in big trouble. Until a team actually leaves a big-time conference for the Big 12, I will have a hard time believing the rumor.

thank you ! You sir are indeed a football scholar !

Dec 8, 2012, 2:51 PM

Very well done .

Re: I actually think there is something to this. There is no

Dec 8, 2012, 2:52 PM [ in reply to I actually think there is something to this. There is no ]

Well, I'm not sure what you consider "substantial" proof, but the fact that the Big 12 schools are poised to make millions more in TV revenue over the next 10-15 years (without even considering the playoff, Tier 3 rights, the Sugar Bowl payout vs. Orange Bowl, etc), I'd say there are some good reasons to believe it will outlast the ACC.

As for Louisville "turning down" a Big 12 invite, that is false. Do you recall that Mitch McConnell was lobbying for them shortly before WVU got the bid? Besides, it is crazy to think that UL would have chosen to remain in the Big East over the Big 12.

No it isn't when the ACC is a much better fit

Dec 8, 2012, 3:01 PM

remember WV wanted in the ACC before the Big 12

"better fit"... for who?

Dec 8, 2012, 3:03 PM

The ACC turned down WVU b/c of academics...

They take UL out of desperation...

Do you deny this?

When Maryland left they had to go get best team

Dec 8, 2012, 3:10 PM

left. Also i'd much rather have Louisville than Maryland. Louisville is top 3 in ACC in facilities with CU and UNC. Also i'd say right about now that WV would much rather be in the ACC, those long road games didn't benefit them at all.

I agree with the addition.... I'm saying

Dec 8, 2012, 3:13 PM

it shows hypocrisy and desperation by the ACC...

They added Louisville!!! (as a football fan, it's great)

but UL literally has the academics of a community college... literally

It's not hypocrisy, they wanted to get back to an even number

Dec 8, 2012, 3:17 PM

and didn't won't anyone else to get Louisville. Would they have taken Louisville if Maryland leaves? Who knows, but hey Louisville> Maryland

There was a vote between UL and UCONN....

Dec 8, 2012, 3:20 PM

and I am glad they took UL....

but given the ACC's history, that is a head scratcher and shows they feel desperate to cater to football schools (again, good for us)

Hey if you're not moving forward, you're going backward***

Dec 8, 2012, 3:21 PM

How do you explain Notre Dame choosing the ACC over Big 12

Dec 8, 2012, 3:11 PM [ in reply to "better fit"... for who? ]

The Big 12 was said to have offered a very similar deal to what the ACC offered.

I also wouldn't say the ACC added Louisville out of desperation. It made sense to have an even number of teams for football, and they are the highest-earning basketball school in the country. The ACC could still lose 4 teams and be the size of the Big 12.

Also Louisville is a very good program

Dec 8, 2012, 3:15 PM

and have the best facilities in ACC with Clemson and UNC, they have made huge strides in football. Strong turned down Tenn for them. I think Louisville is a very good get for the ACC, they're in the BCS aren't they

no one denies this...

Dec 8, 2012, 3:18 PM

I am not defending the B12 or ACC...

But the ACC has stood fast on protecting academic integrity, and they added UL. It was desperation and great for football schools.

But it should show the ACC isn't "stable" like so many claim.

I will also say that so many people think that we will

Dec 8, 2012, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Also Louisville is a very good program ]

eventually go to four 16-team super conferences. I don't think that can happen unless the Pac 12 adds teams from the Big 12. There just aren't enough schools out west that could add revenue to the Pac-12. They could take Boise State and BYU as filler, but neither of those really add TV markets. If the Pac 12 actually wanted to add TV markets the next move is to add some combination of Oklahoma, Texas, or Kansas (OK State and KSU could also be in the mix).

BYU has a pretty big following...

Dec 8, 2012, 3:24 PM

they would bring a lot of eyeballs... but they don't play on Sundays, and that's been a problem for networks.

I just meant they wouldn't add TV markets because the Pac-12

Dec 8, 2012, 3:41 PM

already has Utah. The 2 schools are less than an hour away from each other, so it isn't an untapped market. Them and Boise State would bring eyeballs for sure though.

I am not defending the B12...

Dec 8, 2012, 3:16 PM [ in reply to How do you explain Notre Dame choosing the ACC over Big 12 ]

ND came here b/c they didn't have to join in football, the academics are great, the Olympic sports are great, and they already play several ACC schools.

If you are only going to join halfway, the ACC is much better than B12.

Fair enough***

Dec 8, 2012, 3:20 PM

Re: How do you explain Notre Dame choosing the ACC over Big 12

Dec 8, 2012, 3:21 PM [ in reply to How do you explain Notre Dame choosing the ACC over Big 12 ]

Even if the "stories" about the Big 12 offering what the ACC did are true, the ACC is more attractive geographically to ND based on where their alumni is located. Once you take football out of the equation (they reap plenty of revenue on their own), the revenue discussion/analysis doesn't mean as much.

As far as the ACC losing four teams and still being the size of the Big 12...bigger is not necessarily better if the teams don't increase the revenue pie, which is why the Big 12 isn't busy adding teams like Louisville, Cincy, etc. As it stands now, its members are going to collect $20M per year in the new TV deal. If a new member would not add at least $20M+ to the TV deal annaully, it is expanding simply for the sake of expansion.

It tells me one more bad year and Tubbs was gone anyway

Dec 8, 2012, 2:56 PM

So he took a new job where he gets to be employed at least another 4 or 5 years.

Turbeville was never going to live up to the previous coach

Dec 8, 2012, 3:24 PM

at TT and he knew that. He also knew that he was never going to keep up with Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas State on a regular basis.

I'm looking forward to the SEC announcing their new TV

Dec 8, 2012, 3:36 PM

arrangement. When they do, then I want to see how many of you pro-ACC people still want nothng to do with the Big 12.

Wonder if Mrs. Tuberville was banging another general

Dec 8, 2012, 6:46 PM

contractor. You do know that is why Tubberville left Auburn? A big booster was doing the nasty with his wife. Now they leave Texas Tech for Cincy. Something is not right there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tells me he didnt want to be at tech

Dec 8, 2012, 7:26 PM

sd

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic