Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
for Dabo doubters who question the culture read Grady
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

for Dabo doubters who question the culture read Grady

Dec 31, 2014, 5:29 PM

Jarrett post below. That's all you need to know about the culture that Dabo has brought to the program. Grady Jarrett is the best DT I have ever seen in a Paw and I go back over 37 years as a fan. The kid is a complete beast of a disruption as a DT. Then you read the post and see the type of kid that Dabo is bringing in and developing and it is a wrap, end of story. Doubt Dabo if you want to, I hope the guy stays there for twenty years and retires to the ROH. The difference between him and other coaches who are good men is that he demands a culture of accountability and he wants to beat folks while doing it the right way with competitiveness and relentlessness. Dabo will win an NC, it's just a matter of time. The fact he will do it with kids like Grady Jarrett makes it all the more worthwhile. There are a ton of coaches and programs that could take a class from the way Clemson does business. It isn't just the Stanfords and Northwesterns of the world who do it with good kids. It's Clemson too, which by the way, has SEC speed and athletes and Grady Jarretts who put a #### knot in my throat reading what they write about the type of man they are. That post from him is the best thing I have read on this site since I have been here, hands down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: for Dabo doubters who question the culture read Grady

Dec 31, 2014, 5:32 PM

Preach it brother

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy Bowden was responsible for giving our Coach..

Dec 31, 2014, 5:41 PM

Dabo a shot - and suggested him as his replacement - We should all have TB on our Christmas Card list.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'll agree that Dabo got his shot from TB

Dec 31, 2014, 5:53 PM

however, TB isn't even close to Dabo's league as a HC or a leader. Not even close. TB is Mark Richt to me...good man but nowhere near a leader of men who sets the tone of a culture with passion and fire and accountability. I wouldn't trade Dabo for any coach in the nation. Add BV and Hobby, Brooks, Reed, Scott, Elliott to the mix, I wouldn't trade the staff for anyone. It's about to get real serious in Paw town, sit back and watch the show.

wasn't comparing - just glad that TB had the foresight

Dec 31, 2014, 5:58 PM

to give a kid selling insurance a chance - and I am sure that Dabo's character was a reason that he did - was a smart man to bring that Swinney to Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How Mark Richt hangs on amazes me.***

Dec 31, 2014, 6:28 PM [ in reply to i'll agree that Dabo got his shot from TB ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you imagine what Gary Patterson, Whittingham or

Dec 31, 2014, 6:48 PM

David Shaw could do with what Richt has in Georgia? First of all, they'd clean house of all of the off the field BS that goes on on Richt's watch year in, year out. Second of all, they'd take all of that NFL talent and wreck shop to the tune of multiple NC's. It would be scary. Richt is a good man, got it. However, you cannot tell me that he is not culpable in any way with the BS that swirls around that place every year. I detest Georgia and hope he never leaves. He's Jimbo Fisher and Bobby Bowden, and Tommy Bowden all in one. A good church going man who does the least with the most every year and his good man routine has run it's course. Dabo runs circles around him as a leader, mentor, and HC of young men.

Thats baloney. After TB's boneheaded decisions I doubt

Dec 31, 2014, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Tommy Bowden was responsible for giving our Coach.. ]

It carried much weight. I credit TDP for doing the work to give Dabo the HC job.
By the way, we paid TB enough to never work again. TB was a mediocre, aloof coach who squandered the same opportunity Dabo has capitalized on.

Sorry to be so harsh and I'm sure he is a fine man, but he irked me for years as a coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just send the man a durn card already - say TKS for bringing

Dec 31, 2014, 6:27 PM

dabo to clemson - TB hired the dude "tha DUDE" - TDP didn't hire "tha DUDE" - jeez -

I'm not sending Tommy jack after he gave us Jack Hines !***

Dec 31, 2014, 6:31 PM

the most pathetic coach I have ever seen. He makes Spence

Dec 31, 2014, 6:43 PM

look like Bill Parcells....what a joke that guy was.

was nepatism - different.

Dec 31, 2014, 6:45 PM [ in reply to I'm not sending Tommy jack after he gave us Jack Hines !*** ]

hired dabo to make up for the difference.

Dabo & Clemson coaches don't develop talent ...

Dec 31, 2014, 5:46 PM

They develop MEN who you are proud to stand beside and proud to say " That's a Clemson man."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm proud me and Grady J went to the same school.....

Dec 31, 2014, 5:50 PM

nuttin' but class....and I hope he makes a gazillion dollars in the pros, comes back to Clemson and joins the staff. IMO, he's a keeper.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The whole "Dabo doubter" mantra can be put to rest.

Dec 31, 2014, 5:51 PM

These people don't exist anymore within our fanbase.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen

Dec 31, 2014, 5:55 PM

I want to win as much as anyone, but as an alumni of Clemson University I want more than anything to be proud of the young men we are putting through our program. Dabo is the the real deal and I would not want anyone else leading our program.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic