Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First Post(long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

First Post(long)

Oct 8, 2012, 6:33 PM

Greetings fellow Tigers.I have been reading T-Net for about four years but never really bothered to get too much in the discussion.I only came across this site by accident as I was searching for info about the impending firing of Tommy Bowden.I sure hope noone landblasts me or looses there temper with me..:) But I digress..I will admit that I was neither fortunate nor wise enough to attend Clemson(I grew up a military brat and attended an out of state small institution before under achieving and subsequently joining the Air Force) but I have a been a sports fan and more importantly a Tiger fan for as long as I can remember.Over the years my interest in sports has waned(I am just not as invested in the braves as I used to be,the one and done has rendered college basketball almost un watchable,the nba..nuff said...and the NFL just does not hold my interest the way it did during the glory years)but I have always kept a fervent,rabid interest in my Tigers.From the Ford years through the train wreck years of hatfield and West,to the frustration of one play away up to now.I am more optimistic now than I have been about the state of the program.Dabo has his limitations schematically but he has done more to improve this team than his 3 predecessors.We still have a long way to go and I..like the rest of you want that championship belt so bad I can taste it.I feel like we are close to being in the mix.Defense is the obvious weakness,maybe we need to address strength and conditioning,maybe we don't.(my gut tells me some schools are juicing,but I may be wrong)maybe we flat out missed on some kids in recruiting or maybe we are just young on defense.Whatever the case; I seriously hope we come up with something that gets us past the coots this year.The thought of them winning it all makes sick,and if it comes down to us keeping them from it then that would be the next best thing to us winning it all.But overall I think we are making progress.We can't help what conference we are in,we can't help what our opponents do after we play them.All we can do is keep grinding and stay together as a team and a fan base,but I digress.In closing my first post I just want to say that I am a die hard Tiger for life and I may pump or dump at times depending on the emotion of the moment but I will never give up my team.We have recruited many good young men and have the best fans and have a level of loyalty and comprehension that other fan bases in the state do not..so if you call me a coot i will loose it and landblast you..:)..Good Day Tiger Family

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

firehatfield made it obvious its been awhile, lol

Oct 8, 2012, 6:40 PM

I am in the same boat as you as my only sports passion anymore is for the Clemson Tigers!!! I love the NFL and MLB, but I dont have any particular favorites to mention the way I do my Tigers in college football.. Maybe the Tigers can reignite a passion for greatness this year and in the future :)

Welcome to Tnet, I am a newbie myself having only signed up in July.... Love to share my thoughts here, wish you the best!

Go Tigers!!

Re: firehatfield made it obvious its been awhile, lol

Oct 8, 2012, 7:20 PM

I'm in S. Gastonia...

Good post, thanks for joining the discussion!***

Oct 8, 2012, 7:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer firehatfield

Oct 8, 2012, 7:55 PM

I was stalking tigernet myself for about a decade before I joined last month. Welcome aboard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer firehatfield

Oct 9, 2012, 12:00 AM

Appreciate the warm welcome...question...what does the little trophyIcon mean...the only thing I understand is the thumbs up or down

Re: Deer firehatfield

Oct 9, 2012, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Deer firehatfield ]

Appreciate the warm welcome...question...what does the little trophyIcon mean...the only thing I understand is the thumbs up or down

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic