Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What did McConnell mean about things being undone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

What did McConnell mean about things being undone

Oct 27, 2020, 3:12 PM

Foreshadowing his own demise?

“A lot of what we’ve done over the last four years will be undone sooner or later by the next election,” McConnell said, adding: “They won’t be able to do much about this for a long time to come.”

https://nowthisnews.com/politics/gop-leader-mitch-mcconnell-admits-to-ruthless-supreme-court-swindle-as-his-party-is

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stopped at nowthisisnews.com***

Oct 27, 2020, 3:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: stopped at nowthisisnews.com***

Oct 27, 2020, 8:31 PM

Yeesh. Yup, it's as bad as it seems. Far left bias rating. Mixed record with fact checks. Listed as "questionable source" by mediabiasfactcheck.com due to its propagandizing.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/nowthis-news/

Re: stopped at nowthisisnews.com***

Oct 28, 2020, 12:23 AM

Questioning the source is legitimate, but if you just google the quote itself you will find it being reported by politico, NYT, The Nation, and NPR - and that's just on the first google page.

Skepticism is good. jumping to the opposite conclusion without examining the evidence - not so much.

Sounds like a general, philosophical statement.

Oct 27, 2020, 3:17 PM

Most everything passed Congress when one party is in the majority, can be unpassed when that party loses the majority.

I think he was quoting Simon Le Bon.

Oct 27, 2020, 3:21 PM

https://youtu.be/5X5KweDhsaI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just pictured Mitch wearing a Members Only jacket***

Oct 27, 2020, 3:28 PM

fed up with the liberal activist Court, in 1968,

Oct 27, 2020, 6:58 PM

Richard Nixon ran in part on putting conservatives on the Court. William H Rehnquist was the most visible sign of that legacy. However, the issue continued and Reagan took up the mantle as well giving us the late, great Antonin Scalia. However, he missed the target with OConnor and Kennedy and many of the abominations from the liberal Courts endured. Bush 41 likewise missed with Souter but gave us Justice Thomas. Conservatives continued the fight. Bush 43 upped the ante and closed the gap with Roberts and Alito. The goal was in sight.

Now, at long last, the conservative goal has been realized. Justices Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett will fulfil the great longing from the right, a return to Constitutional jurisprudence grounded shockingly in the Constitution.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McConnell took Trent Lott & Harry Reid’s Nuclear option

Oct 27, 2020, 7:56 PM

One step further and made it all about the courts, that is the primary difference. They never took the nuclear option that far before, only McConnell took it there.

This was an exercise of raw power and yeah, it was totally unprecedented. Obviously the majority leader can make whatever rules he wants. Then you have Graham who didn’t have a quorum on the judiciary committee, and waived the rules in order to hand off Barrett’s nomination from the committee. Not sure if that was unprecedented but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was.

Should people be concerned that this kind of win at all costs mentality will eventually have a steep price? It is just going to get uglier, court expansion, rotating jurists, etc. The Senate majority is never permanent, so now these unprecedented ideas will become the norm.

So congrats on your victory, I guess.

recall, my friend that elections have consequences***

Oct 27, 2020, 8:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: recall, my friend that elections have consequences***

Oct 27, 2020, 8:25 PM

They do. And I can't wait until this next election let's Dems pack the court.

Majority leaders will come and go

Oct 27, 2020, 8:39 PM [ in reply to recall, my friend that elections have consequences*** ]

Yes it will be challenging sorting out the nominating chaos going forward. We can thank Mitch I guess.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/supreme-revenge/

“If you want to destroy my sweater, hold this thread

Oct 27, 2020, 8:23 PM

as I walk away” -Mitch McConnell

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic