Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: N.C. State's late-season slide hurting Clemson in College Football Playoff?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

New Story: N.C. State's late-season slide hurting Clemson in College Football Playoff?

Nov 22, 2017, 1:01 PM

N.C. State's late-season slide hurting Clemson in College Football Playoff?

Clemson dropped one spot to No. 3 in the latest College Football Playoff Poll released Tuesday night. Alabama remains first with an 11-0 record, while Miami (FL) moved from third to second. The Tigers dropped from second to third, while Oklahoma remained in fourth place. Wisconsin, still undefeated at 11-0, remained at fifth, while Auburn is sixth with a 9-2 record. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: N.C. State's late-season slide hurting Clemson in College Football Playoff?

Nov 22, 2017, 1:03 PM

Uhh they lost the opener to the coots so its a little more than just late season

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tin foil hat time. Doren hates Clemson so much he is

Nov 22, 2017, 1:11 PM

throwing the games to weaken our chance of getting into the playoffs. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tin foil hat time. Doren hates Clemson so much he is

Nov 22, 2017, 1:14 PM

Don't matter. Beat the Coots and Miami, playoff bound

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2017, 1:42 PM

Yes. If Clemson wins on Saturday, they move to #2. If Aw-Burn beats 'Bama (a very real possibility), it makes Clemson's win over the screeching Eagles look even better.

Nov 22, 2017, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Tin foil hat time. Doren hates Clemson so much he is ]

Amen to that! These rankings don't matter. It's all up to the Tigers and how they play next two weekends.
For the folks wanting an 8-team playoff, we've already got it: Clemson/Miami; Alabama/Auburn; Winner/Georgia; OSU/Wisconsin; Oklahoma/whoever's left!

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there

Nov 23, 2017, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Tin foil hat time. Doren hates Clemson so much he is ]

+1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

factor that with our inability

Nov 22, 2017, 1:16 PM

to step on the throat of teams as well isnt helping either..up by 17 only to win by 3-7 points at the end looks bad

But we also beat the teams that beat NCSU...

Nov 22, 2017, 1:18 PM

Wake Forest and next, UCS.

Does that not help?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I lived in Raleigh during the mid to late 80s.

Nov 22, 2017, 1:24 PM

I remember it seemed like every year NCSU would roar out to a 6-0 start and people would talk about them as a "dark horse" national champ contender. Then they would lost most of the games at the end of the season. Some things never change.

BTW, we beat Auburn and they are at number 6. Who in the top 5 has a better win on their resume?

Re: New Story: N.C. State's late-season slide hurting Clemson in College Football Playoff?

Nov 22, 2017, 1:28 PM

So Clemson is 10-1 and the defending National champions and are getting penalized for NC State's late season collapse but Alabama is No 1 and has not played a team with a record better than 8-3 in a weak SEC Conference. Makes sense to me.

At least NCSU didn't lose to Troy ... like LSU did***

Nov 22, 2017, 1:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat Scar and UM and there is no way out of the top 4***

Nov 22, 2017, 1:41 PM

Re: Beat Scar and UM and there is no way out of the top 4***

Nov 22, 2017, 1:45 PM

If Clemson wins their next two and Alabama loses one of their next two, I think the Tigers go into the the Playoff #1.

Re: Beat Scar and UM and there is no way out of the top 4***

Nov 22, 2017, 2:07 PM

If Bama loses the next one, their next game would either be in the CFP or a bowl game because they got left out of the CFP as a 1 loss non-conference Champ.

If they win, they go to the SECCG. Lose that and we find out (depending on what happens with the rest of the teams) if they get in the CFP or not being a 1 loss division champ that lost their CCG which was also the last game they played before the CFP.

Clemson fans need to be pulling for Alabama to win out

Nov 22, 2017, 6:05 PM

We all agree that Clemson has to beat USC and Miami to have a chance to be in the playoffs this year. I say "a chance," because I can see a scenario where they could win both games and still be left out. If Auburn beats Alabama, I think Alabama's still in the playoff. Then if Georgia beats Auburn for the SEC crown, Georgia gets in too. If Wisconsin goes undefeated, including beating Ohio State, it's hard to leave them out. Which leaves one spot for Clemson or Oklahoma. In that case, I think Clemson gets in. They have been ranked ahead of Oklahoma in each playoff poll this year. And then Clemson will be able to claim fresh wins over a top-25 USC and a number-2 Miami.

But just to be safe, Clemson fans need to pull for Alabama to beat both Auburn and Georgia, knocking them both out of the playoff.

Re: Clemson fans need to be pulling for Alabama to win out

Nov 22, 2017, 9:56 PM

There is absolutely no scenario where Clemson wins out and does not make it to the playoffs!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

Seems dumb to me that it would matter at all when

Nov 22, 2017, 2:13 PM

teams you played lose to other teams you played. NC State losing to Wake? Who cares, we beat Wake too. Cuse losing to FSU, Wake, and Louisville (2 of those without their starting QB)? Who cares. We beat all of those teams.

Give me a break. Who has Bama beaten?***

Nov 22, 2017, 2:27 PM

Everyone they played.***

Nov 22, 2017, 3:19 PM

So has Wisconsin***

Nov 22, 2017, 3:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

and UCF***

Nov 22, 2017, 3:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and UCF***

Nov 22, 2017, 8:11 PM

Who would be more likely to fill the Rose Bowl for a CFP Semi? UCF or Bama fans? It'd be nice to see an outside team with a shot, but it won't happen unless they expand the bracket

We're the highest ranked one loss team in the country.

Nov 22, 2017, 3:17 PM

Who cares?

Nov 22, 2017, 3:29 PM

In my opinion, the Tigers are lucky to be in the Top 10, given the fact that they lost to 'Cuse, a team that has 7 losses to this point. That is the worst team they played this year. I believe even the Citadel an FCS team could possibly beat them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2017, 5:24 PM

Coot

Nov 22, 2017, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: N.C. State's late-season slide hurting Clemson in College Football Playoff? ]

Lol! Good thing your opinion does not matter. Good grief.............

Go Tigers!

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

So you think losing to Cuse w/o our QB is worse than OhSt

Nov 22, 2017, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: N.C. State's late-season slide hurting Clemson in College Football Playoff? ]

losing by 40 to mediocre Iowa? You are full of it! Who all do you think should be ahead of us? Maybe OK, that's it, and you know how we love beating up on the Sooners!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic