Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK this is getting out of control. First we invite
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

OK this is getting out of control. First we invite

Apr 4, 2017, 8:57 AM

Oregon head coach Willie Taggart to watch one of our normally clandestine practices. I thought OK, well hopefully we don't play Oregon any time soon.

THEN he invites Michigan State Head Coach Mark Dantonio to one of our practices. Keep in mind that Dantonio is a dyed-in-the-wool coot!!

And NOW Dabo invites Arizona Head Coach Rich Rodriguez to a practice?? You're kidding me, right?

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1687412
I'm afraid knot.

Wouldn't it just be easier to video our practices with multiple camera angles and post on Youtube?

WHEN DOES THE LUNACY END??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Yea, dont really get it, but whatevs.***

Apr 4, 2017, 9:02 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a pretty common thing. As soon as we play a few

Apr 4, 2017, 9:05 AM

games there is film on what we do. Not that what we do it that much different year in and year out.

So why not make practices public, or at least allow all

Apr 4, 2017, 9:11 AM

media to be present?

On one hand Dabo seems to be making practices more secret, and then on the other hand he allows coaches of potential opponents to come watch what we do.

The duplicity on his part is mind bottling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

b/c the last thing he needs is more internet coaches?***

Apr 4, 2017, 9:13 AM

Re: So why not make practices public, or at least allow all

Apr 4, 2017, 9:15 AM [ in reply to So why not make practices public, or at least allow all ]

Good question, but now-a-days some nerdy folks will feel like they have to tape the practices on their phones and send all over the universe. That won't happen with these invitees.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's just playing mime games with them.

Apr 5, 2017, 7:45 AM [ in reply to So why not make practices public, or at least allow all ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

eye no - spent all that money on 4 walls and a roof

Apr 4, 2017, 9:09 AM

To keep prying eyes out and then just let the mortar forkers come in as privileged guests?

This has to put Dabo on the hot seat for sure. Anything less than 15 wins and he should be gone!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: eye no - spent all that money on 4 walls and a roof

Apr 4, 2017, 9:17 AM

Come on Tiger fans! Some attitudes herein are simply amusing and some shortsighted. Give Dabo credit. He has earned the respect of every coach in the country. He runs an outstanding program which others want to understand.

If you want to complain write DRad about basketball.

Go Tigers!

Whoa, who you calling short-

Apr 4, 2017, 9:20 AM

sighted?

Or either you get to the point where you know what you got.

Apr 4, 2017, 9:12 AM

And know they can't stop it.......

Re: OK this is getting out of control. First we invite

Really doubt he saw very much that will give away much about what we run next year. Spring practice is a lot about seeing which guys get after it and want to make a spot for themselves. Yes, there are some plays we will be running again, but even they will change some from now til then, based on sets, defenses, etc. Now, they will see how we run our practice, and they may tweak theirs if they like something (just like we have gleaned stuff we do from others), but after about 2-3 weeks into the season, everybody we play will have access to actual game film of us, just like we will have access to theirs. Also, Dabo goes to some other schools, too, and I'm sure we have incorporated some of what others do, as well.

So what you're saying is that Dabo should eliminate the time honored tradition of college coaches visiting each other's practices to observe and learn from each other (at Clemson)?

Prior to winning last year's national championship Clemson's coaches visited other colleges/universities regularly each spring. This isn't a new development.

It may seem strange, but I don't think it's "lunacy". It's normal, and I'm sure Nick Saban/Alabama do the same thing. Honestly, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying Dabo intends to invite

Apr 4, 2017, 9:15 AM

Saban to one of our closed practices??

DRad needs to put the kibosh on this ASAP.

Apr 4, 2017, 9:15 AM

He invited Nick Saban to watch us in the National Championship in 2015. Worked out real well for them the following season.

null

Apr 4, 2017, 9:26 AM

While I am inclined to think that this post was made in jest, the topic seems to have garnered a lot of attention. I recall several years back our coaches making trips to OK St and other spread schools. Now other Schools come to Clemson as well. Coaching is a network and info sharing is pretty common actually. Also, best believe practice is pretty generic right now. During spring you are just seeing who can play and how they have developed. Besides, I don't see us playing Oregon or Arizona anytime in the next decade, so I think we will be ok.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good way to keep Michigan out of the playoff picture

Apr 4, 2017, 9:34 AM

is for M. State to beat them during the season. That helps us in the long run.

Apr 4, 2017, 9:30 AM

yeah not a fan of coot Dantonio being invited

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chill folks

Apr 4, 2017, 9:38 AM

Most of you are likely younger than me (Class of 75), so I understand some frustration with Dabo's approach. Its key to grasp that basically Coach Sweeney is intentional about everything. So this limited attendance at practice is very intentional. We are national champs. Therefore our players think (know) they are good. News media and people like us, can't wait to have little sound bites so we can prematurely claim our next championship. Coach Sweeney knows that players must stay focused on improvement and not reveling in their greatness. Therefore mostly closed practices so the team is studying the play book rather than their press clipping.
Our scheme is not a secret except for a few undisclosed plays. Therefore there is no problem with having other coaches visit to pick up ideas, just as our coaches visit other teams almost every year.
All this to say that closed to public practices are not about secrecy but about focus for a team who at this point is winless.
I love every tidbit I hear from this spring, but most of all I love seeing this team focus on getting back to the top.
Go Tigers!

Re: Chill folks

Apr 4, 2017, 8:57 PM

Not bad, Pilgrim (I do pre-date you by a few), and I see some wisdom in your assessment. Dabo is very calculated in his method, and like Danny Ford, he lines'em up and runs his plan. If you stop it, so be it, but it's up to us to whip the guys in front of us and to execute the plays and the game plan flawlessly. f we win the lines of scrimmage and execute our assignments, we will almost always win now that we have elite talent.

If we play any of these teams this year

Apr 4, 2017, 9:44 AM

They'll have 13 games of film to watch, which is far more valuable for game planning than one practice.

Re: If we play any of these teams this year

Apr 4, 2017, 11:31 PM

Right you are. Too much emphasis on this comment and action by Dabo.

Dabo invited Muschamp to visit but he was busy ...

Apr 4, 2017, 9:51 AM

getting his Wimmens Hoops Natty tattoo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2017, 9:17 PM

Bob it sounds like your just jealous you haven't been invited yet.

For real, I mean you don't see Brownell having this problem

Apr 4, 2017, 9:24 PM

I can think of a single coach I've complained about visiting his practices.

The next thing you know, all the coaches

Apr 4, 2017, 9:27 PM

will get on TheTigerNet and learn from all of the "coaches" on here.

Mass hysteria!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I think Dabo will use it

Apr 4, 2017, 9:33 PM

as recruiting PR. "We have high profile coaches coming to see the great things we are doing, you should come see them too".

It's very simple, Bob...

Apr 4, 2017, 9:49 PM

They can copy our practices.
They can copy our playbook.
They can copy our football operations center.
They can copy our oculus.
Heck, they can even copy the Esso Club.

But they can't copy the something in these hills.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Apr 4, 2017, 9:51 PM

The idiocracy on TNet never ceases to amaze me. Yeah we really have to worry about having all those coaches there and them memorizing every single one of the plays ran during practice in their heads.

^^^^^Whoooosh!^^^^^^***

Apr 5, 2017, 8:35 AM

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Yeah the head coach who out coached Saban

Apr 4, 2017, 10:48 PM

If getting duped by these guys. In Dabo I trust. Worry naught young padawan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!***

Apr 4, 2017, 11:34 PM

Clemson

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic