»
Topic: Alternative Jersey number for Watson Sig
Replies: 21   Last Post: Aug 18, 2016 9:24 AM by: CUAllTheWay®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 21  

Alternative Jersey number for Watson Sig

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 2:56 AM

Which Jersey number should I buy to have signed on Sunday by D Watson?

Because a recent ruling doesn't allow jerseys of an individual likeness of a specific player to be sold this year I was trying to decide between the two only options allowed; the #1 or the #16 (physical year).

Neither are #4 (only sold last year and can't find anywhere ??) and both have some sort of message appeal to them. #1 = First in many regards and #16 is a claim on the specific year.

???

2019 white level member

explain to me this?

[2]
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 6:44 AM

I am wondering why people still want someone's autograph in this day and age? Ask to take a photo with him instead. I used to ask athletes and celebrities for their autographs but I eventually grew out of it when I became a teenager.

BTW any number other than 4 for Watson to sign seems kind of a waste of time and money unless you want to hear this all the time: "Isn't he number four?" Maybe a blank one would be better.

Re: explain to me this?

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 7:17 AM

Framed for game room to go with my Spiller and Davis ones.

2019 white level member

Re: explain to me this?

[3]
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 7:39 AM

Not your thing.....fine. Someone else's thing fine.

Why does matter to you why he wants it?

All I can say is that while wondering around Vegas last year before the NCG, all these sports memorabilia shops had signed jerseys....magazines....and other items from various sport stars. I was simply amazed how much they wanted for these items.

I am not much of a collector.....some people are. If they enjoy it and it makes them happy, who am I to judge?

2019 white level member

?

[1]
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 7:48 AM

Yeah, I don't do photos with athletes, simple autograph on memorabilia is my cup of tea. However, I have posed for pictures with musicians.

2019 white level member

Re: ?

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 7:54 AM

Btw....I would go with the 16 number. Maybe have him put 2016 after his signature?

2019 white level member

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 8:05 AM

Was what I was leaning towards. Watson being #1 in so many things is the only justifiable reason in which I even considered it.

I tried to get Knickerbockers to make a replica but they told me they were having problems getting the materials about a month ago and no chance of the Fuller patch as well. I will try them one more time today.

2019 white level member

[2]
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 8:07 AM

Keep us posted! My Dad's been wanting a jersey too....but has mostly given up.

2019 white level member

[1]
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 8:10 AM

Will do. I am at physical therapy (old football/basketball injuries) right now on my knee and am going to call them directly afterwards.

2019 white level member

[1]
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 8:35 AM

I just ordered a Deshaun Jersey, and he has some left....I received it yesterday....good quality and safe. He has purple, orange, and white. It has fuller patch as well

military_donation.jpg

Re: Alternative Jersey number for Watson Sig

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 6:53 AM

Hey brother, I saw this on offerup the other day. I think he has multiples.

[1]
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 7:20 AM

That is the oney girlfriend bought me for Valentine's Day., sent it back to China and never got refunded. The Paws are embroidered and look terrible in-person. Is a bootleg.

2019 white level member

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 8:47 AM

that is one fo the shittier knock offs... look at the paws. There are much better versions than that.

2019 white level member

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I ordered an orange and purple $3 Clemson jersey complete

[1]
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 8:08 AM

with the Fuller patch and ACC patches online.

http://www.superjerseyscheapshop.cc/Clemson-Tigers--4-Deshaun-Watson-Purple-2015-College-Football-Nike-Limited-Jersey-w-Steve-Fuller-Patch-83944/

Re: I ordered an orange and purple $3 Clemson jersey complete

[1]
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 8:12 AM

Good deal. My girlfriend paid like $70 for that terrible orange one we never got refunded on.

2019 white level member

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 8:37 AM

These were pretty good. My son got one signed by desaun at youth day in March.

[1]
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 8:45 AM

Looking for a #4 jersey, don't do the websites posted earlier. Cheaper on aliexpress.com
That's where I got mine from. Got an orange one and ordered a white one last week

you're not in line yet?

[1]
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 8:25 AM

better get out there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: you're not in line yet?

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 9:20 AM

Got to work later on. ??

2019 white level member

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 8:57 AM

Personally, I'd never wear a Chinese knock-off jersey or be bold enough to ask an athlete to sign one. Save all that aliexpress / supercheapjersey stuff for the kids!

Between #1 & #16, I'd go with #1 because Deshaun is a fn legend and may very well go down as THE best Clemson quarterback of all time. Plus, if anyone down the road asks why you got the #1 instead of his #4, you'll have a story to tell. I'm sure, within the next 5 years, the NCAA will find a way to get back in the jersey / video game business... You can always get another one signed by him down the road when he's doing meet & greets on the way to his 3rd or 4th super bowl ring anyway. Cheers.

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 9:24 AM

My Davis one was made by Knickerbocker's. He asked me where did I get it, as back then there wasn't any official Nike jerseys with the cloth numbers and they (Knickerbocker's) did a superb knockoff.. My Spiller one is Nike official.

2019 white level member

Re: Alternative Jersey number..... 15 - 0

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 9:00 AM

Get one made with that number !

Replies: 21  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Section N, Row Y, Seats 25 & 27. Lower Deck, Visitors side Asking $2800 for the pair. Also ha...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1441 people have read this post