Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Boulware writes heartfelt letter to Clemson fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

FB Update: Boulware writes heartfelt letter to Clemson fans

Jan 12, 2016, 12:47 PM

Boulware writes heartfelt letter to Clemson fans

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Boulware writes heartfelt letter to Clemson fans

Jan 12, 2016, 12:49 PM

Ben, y'all didn't let us down. What a great show of heart. Real real proud of these Tigers. T'is a season I will never forget.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly... they gave 100%, we seen that.

Jan 12, 2016, 12:54 PM

and nobody can ask for anything more.

Am I sad... yes
Am I disappoint in our team.. Hellll Nooo!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware writes heartfelt letter to Clemson fans ]

I'm very proud of Clemson Tigers & this team that played a heck of a season even though they were underdogs by the non-Clemson fans week after week. I've been a fan since 1979 & will remain a fan till I take my last breath. GO TIGERS!!

NEVER BEEN MORE PROUD!!!***

Jan 12, 2016, 12:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't let us down. You guys took us on a great ride! ******

Jan 12, 2016, 12:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't let us down. You guys took us on a great ride! ******

Jan 12, 2016, 2:29 PM

I've never been prouder of any team than I am these guys this years! Win or lose, they are all winners in the important way of life!

Jan 12, 2016, 12:58 PM

No need to think we are let down. Heck of a season. Hats off to this team.

Jan 12, 2016, 4:02 PM

Love you to death Big B!!! You and the entire team fought the "good" fight... There is no shame in losing... Especially when you and your team mates left it all on the field...God bless you all! We are all above proud... As my dad who played for Clemson use to say"Stand Tall".. Our tiger nation is standing right behind you!????????

Jan 12, 2016, 1:05 PM

These Tigers didn't let anyone down, Ben. You fought with everything you had to the very end. No one can ask more than that. We, the fans, owe every Tiger on the team out undying gratitude. You gave us one helluva ride!

Any "fan" who feels "let down" just isn't a fan at all!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 1:05 PM

Clemson Fans are not "let down". As a matter of fact, in our eyes, you guys are still #1. It was a GREAT SEASON! You guys gave 110% everytime you stepped on the field. What more could we ask for?? It's surreal how much was accomplished this season. We are PROUD to be CLEMSON TIGERS and we owe that to you and all your teammates. Thank you so much for a great ride this season. We are locked, loaded and ready to SHOCK THE WORLD and SILENCE ALL THE DOUBTERS once again in 2016.

He makes TL Hanna and Anderson, SC proud***

Jan 12, 2016, 1:06 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the Tigers and this team

Jan 12, 2016, 1:11 PM

They also said you couldn't play with Bama, an you did, to the very end. Knowing you guys gave it your all, us fans and alumni can handle the outcome.

Re: Love the Tigers and this team

Jan 12, 2016, 1:51 PM

The Tigers didn't lose, they just ran out of playing time

We're proud of you and love you***

Jan 12, 2016, 1:13 PM

Jan 12, 2016, 1:14 PM

We love you Ben! Your intensity plus the seniors' determination gave us our wonderful almost perfect season. We cherish you. Thank you for the letter. Go Tigers!

Jan 12, 2016, 1:15 PM

Great player. Thank you Ben.

On side note did anyone else get the vibe he might be leaving?
Those lines saying I am forever indebted for having the opportunity and it has been a blessing playing here.
Ehhh. Might be too much insight.

Jan 12, 2016, 8:47 PM

He also said "We will be back. Get ready."

kudos young man.***

Jan 12, 2016, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ben , no more of that talk

Jan 12, 2016, 1:30 PM

Hold your head high. You guys take a backseat to nobody.

You just gave me the best year of Clemson Football since '81. A huge thanks to the entire team.

I have never been more proud of a Clemson Team than the one on that field last night. You guys picked up about a dozen new fans at my work place here on Maui last night. They're not talking Bama this morning, they're talking about the heart and passion of the Clemson squad.

We are so proud of you.

Let's do it again in '16!

Sincerely,
Ben Rankin
Class of '82

When you bleed, we bleed tough guy...no apology needed...

Jan 12, 2016, 1:43 PM

...You guys stood toe-2-toe with the Empire. Sometimes the "dark side" of the force wins, but in the end, the Jedi will prevail.

We're all with you brother.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

As for me,

Jan 12, 2016, 1:43 PM

There's not a group of people I am more proud of than you guys. Some of us are a little disappointed but not in anyway with you or your teammates, you're all special. As you get older and life doesn't hold the same joy and wonderment it did when you were young and vibrant, some of us, especially me, live my life vicariously through the efforts and successes of others. We tend to place "winning" as the only acceptable outcome when in fact we know better. Being humble, grateful, appreciative and excited about all things is a way more desirable outcome than just winning. You and your teammates are winners, no matter the score and you are wonderful stewards of the legacy and heritage of Clemson University. We owe you guys more than I can say! Move forward in the knowledge that The Clemson Family is appreciative and respectful of who you are and how you represent this family! Go Tigers!

Very nicely written...thanks!***

Jan 12, 2016, 8:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

You didn't let anyone down young man. Go Tigers!***

Jan 12, 2016, 1:46 PM

Jan 12, 2016, 1:57 PM

Such an awesome player! Boulware is such a baller played the last 4 games banged up and still balled out. He epitomizes heart and guts.

null

Thanks Ben, you did not let us down in any way. We are

Jan 12, 2016, 2:04 PM

proud of this team.

Ben...you da man!

Jan 12, 2016, 2:07 PM

Tiger Nation could not be more proud of not only the football players and coaches but y'all as the individuals you are. So proud!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 2:15 PM

Very gracious letter but in no way do I feel let down. I live in California and was able to attend 4 regular season games, the ACC Championship Game, the Orange Bowl, and the Natty. I could not be more proud of this team and to be a Clemson graduate. A top 21 public university, a #2 football team, a #2 soccer team, basketball moving forward, baseball always good, women's teams nationally ranked....there is no university quite like Clemson! So none of us should feel let down. In fact just the opposite. The future is brighter than ever!!

Jan 12, 2016, 2:19 PM

Nothing but pride for this team. These guys played with heart, won with class and lost with class. Proud to be a Tiger and more excited about our program than ever. ALL IN!!!

Jan 12, 2016, 2:21 PM

I'm very proud of you all. But you left out playing 15 games at D1 and all the Conference, State & Orange Championships! And the fact is you played hurt! Go rest, get well! We love you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank YOU guys!

Jan 12, 2016, 2:31 PM

do it again next season!
GO TIGERS!!!!

Love your attitude, drive & extreme determination. We

Jan 12, 2016, 2:54 PM

certainly love you as a person, player & representative of Clemson! You remind me of The Bozz back in the day except you are better!! I think we should call you, "The Bull"! We certainly need your attitude, swag & experience next year in order to continue to rise!!! Really hope & pray you come back in '16! God bless!

Ben Boulware...You are my hero.***

Jan 12, 2016, 2:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOVE YA' BEN !!!!! Very proud of all the Tigers !!!!

Jan 12, 2016, 3:20 PM
BEN #10.jpg(57.4 K)

My favorite #10 !!!!!________Go Tigers !!!!

Thank you Ben for being a true leader and one mean Tiger!!!

Jan 12, 2016, 3:51 PM

Cant wait till you hoist the trophy next year ,keep fighting!!!

Jan 12, 2016, 3:59 PM

Never a let down Ben. Much love and respect to our Tigers!!

Jan 12, 2016, 4:19 PM

So proud of our Tigers.

No, Its a big THANK YOU !!!

Jan 12, 2016, 4:20 PM

The team has given us great joy and pride. As "The Terminator" said ... "I'll be back" and we got your back all the way !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 5:44 PM

I was one of the many Tigers fans screaming and cheering the team as they exited the field last night. In fact, I was leaning over the rail of the tunnel looking many of them in the eye while doing so. I could see, though sad, many of the players noticed and acknowledged our appreciation. Boulware (and the rest of the team) have nothing to apologize or be sad for.... THEY ARE #1 TO ME and to true and reasonable Clemson Nation!!! Many Thanks to Ben and all of Tiger Football for a job well done!!!

You are a true warrior!

Jan 12, 2016, 5:48 PM

Our hearts bleed with you!

You hold your head high, Mr Boulware

Jan 12, 2016, 6:12 PM

You and every other player on that team has zero reason to feel anything but pride in your accomplishments this season. Hold your head high, sir.

You nor the team let anyone down... Perish such thoughts***

Jan 12, 2016, 6:19 PM

Ben, you and this team exuded the warrior creed!

Jan 12, 2016, 6:23 PM

One Warrior's Creed

ONE WARRIOR'S CREED A PHILOSOPHY TO LIVE WITH

If today is to be THE DAY, so be it.

If you seek to do battle with me this day you will receive the best that I am capable of giving.

It may not be enough, but it will be everything that I have to give

and it will be impressive for I have constantly prepared myself for this day.

I have trained, drilled and rehearsed my actions so that I might have the best chance of defeating you.

I have kept myself in peak physical condition, schooled myself in the martial skills

and have become proficient in the application of combat tactics.

You may defeat me, but you will pay a severe price and will be lucky to escape with your life.

You may kill me, but I am willing to die if necessary.

I do not fear Death, for I have been close enough to it on enough occasions that it no longer concerns me.

But I do fear the loss of my Honor and would rather die fighting than to have it said that I was without Courage.

So I WILL FIGHT YOU, no matter how insurmountable it may seem, and to the death if need be,

in order that it may never be said of me that I was not a Warrior.

Steven R. Watt, All Rights Reserved.

About the Creed

One Warrior's Creed - A Philosophy to Live With

Warriors are natural leaders. When times of crisis appear they are naturally looked to by those for whom the situation is overwhelming. As a wise mentor once told me: "We don't pay you for the day to day, we pay you for that occasional time of crisis where preparation and action are combined to form a resolution." In order to be constantly prepared, warrior leaders must be committed to something far beyond themselves, something that clearly both separates and defines them, something on an order of magnitude well beyond normal lifestyles.

I penned the creed during the closing days of my first military tour in Iraq as a Counter-Terrorism Advisor to Iraqi Security Forces. I was reflecting on those I had known over my time in Special Forces and S.W.A.T., the truly dangerous and deadly men with whom I had shared fear, sweat, and blood. Men committed to the cause of liberty, who believed that it was worth everything they had to give--even their lives. Men who exported their capability to faraway places in the world where terror and tyranny reigned, and who--within the confines of the cities and jurisdictions of the greatest nation on earth, the United States of America--utilized their dedication and skill to protect the rights of those unable, or unwilling, to protect them for themselves. Men and women (I personally know that courage is not limited to one gender) who truly represented the commitment to selfless service and willing sacrifice honed by previous generations of warriors.

I had been reflecting on a recent operation where a good friend had perished. He left behind a young family and numerous tears were shed in the days following his death. At a memorial ceremony, words had been spoken, words indicating the special nature of his service and later causing me to wonder, “why do we do this?” Why do we, the "rough men" of whom Orwell speaks, voluntarily subject ourselves to the lifelong efforts required to be the warriors, to become one of Dave Grossman's "sheepdogs?" As I reflected, I began to recognize some consistent underlying and foundational values among police and military special operations personnel with whom I had served. The recognition of the constancy of those values as well as an attempt to verbalize the values of the warriors of our great democracy resulted in the writing of "One Warrior's Creed."

Explanation of Poem

If today is to be THE DAY, so be it... We do not know the day or the time when we will be called on and we do not care. By living (not just practicing) the creed, we will be ready no matter when or where. The day, time, or place matters not. Stephanie Shugart, wife of MSG Randall Shugart, recipient of the Medal of Honor, said, "It takes a real man to live a creed, not just say it."

If you seek to do battle with me... We of the creed do not go looking for the fight, those purveying evil must bring it to us. We, the "quiet professionals," have nothing to demonstrate, nothing to show, no need to brag; we just quietly go about our lives. We represent, as stated by the wife of one who lives the creed, "The most dangerous nice guy(s) you'll ever meet." But if you bring the battle to us, you will receive the best that I am capable of giving. We are committed to fighting you, to defending ourselves and those for whom we feel responsible, and we will give it our best effort no matter what.

It may not be enough... We recognize that we do not control the tactical environment enough to ensure the outcome, ...but it will be everything that I have to give and it will be impressive, for I have constantly prepared myself for this day. We recognize that the commitment and responsibility we took upon ourselves by oath requires that we put forth daily effort to ensure our skills are at their utmost when called for. I have trained, drilled and rehearsed my actions so that I might have the best chance of defeating you. Never knowing when, where, or how, we accept the standard of being constantly ready. We daily sweat, strain, and push ourselves far beyond the boundaries of mere mortals, then smile and prepare to do it again tomorrow. If the call to action never comes, we are okay with that, but we are not okay with the potential for failure due to a lack of preparation. I have kept myself in peak physical condition... for a warrior not highly fit is less than half a warrior, ... schooled myself in the martial skills... for we recognize that to be truly ready means that we must be capable of the use of the complete range of weapons, including firearms, blunt and edged weapons, personal weapons such as hands, elbows, knees and feet, all connected by that greatest of weapons, the mind, ... and have become proficient in the application of combat tactics.... We understand that, since we don't know where or when, we must understand the range of variables existing on any terrain and we must have prepared our strategies for fighting there.

You may defeat me... We know that we are mortal, we have no false illusions or ideas of being invulnerable, ... but you will pay a severe price... we will inflict upon you whatever pain and injury is necessary to insure your defeat, and you will be lucky to escape with your life... we will take your life, without remorse, if you force us to do so. We do not enjoy killing, but we recognize that the taking of the life of an evil predator may be necessary in order to ensure the safety of ourselves, our loved ones, our cherished way of life and our nation. You may kill me, but I am willing to die if necessary. We recognize that great sacrifices have been necessary in the past, in order to maintain the cause of freedom and to ensure a free society, and we honor those who have died in the cause of liberty. We also recognize that warriors must be willing to do so today and in the future, or the sacrifices of those who have paid the ultimate price in the past will become nothing more than a historical anecdote. I do not fear death, for I have been close enough to it on enough occasions that it no longer concerns me. We recognize that all who have received the God-given gift of mortality die, that it is nothing to be feared for it will come to us all. We do not get to choose the place or time of our demise, but we revel in the Roman proverb: "It is better to have lived one day as a lion than one hundred years as a sheep." We have been present when death has occurred and some of us have caused it. We have known warriors among us who have perished. We have honored them, paid tribute to the families who raised and supported them, and thanked God for the privilege of knowing them.

But I do fear the loss of my Honor... To live honorably is the root of our zeal, it provides the fuel for our efforts, which is why the word is capitalized. We, like the great warrior classes of old, recognize that a life without honor is a life wasted. We are committed to greater things than ourselves. ... and would rather die fighting than to have it said that I was without Courage. Courage is the exemplification of all that we hold in great value, of all that we feel is worth the ultimate price. To be ever found without Courage is to truly be unarmed, unprepared, and easily overcome. We can never overstate its importance, which is why it is also capitalized.

So I WILL FIGHT YOU... We strongly commit to that and exemplify it with how we live the creed.... no matter how insurmountable it may seem and to the death if need be... We care not what the odds are or what the probable outcome may be. What is important is that we are there and ready. ... in order that it may never be said of me that I was not a Warrior. To live in the shame of knowing that we capitulated, that we surrendered to fear, that we failed to exemplify the creed, that we have dishonored those before us, is a shame and humiliation beyond comprehension. This is the only thing we, the Warriors, truly fear.

Hold your head high Son...

Jan 12, 2016, 6:26 PM

You and your teammates did us proud this year. That loss is a minor blemish on an otherwise perfect season. Come back next year and let's do it again!

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nobody was let down. This year was a lot of fun

Jan 12, 2016, 6:33 PM

many of us got a lot of joy when the rest of life was not going so great.

You will a fan soon and your love for Clemson won't ever change.

Ben has been a fan long before he was a player for Clemson

Jan 12, 2016, 6:54 PM

So that is why he probably cares even more deeply than a player who learned about Clemson just as a player.

Ben, what a great adventure you and all the Tigers took

Jan 12, 2016, 6:38 PM

us on this year. Never been prouder of any group of players than this years team. Excited to see what 2016 brings us with the best coaches and players in college football. Hope the injury heals quickly and completely. God bless.

If you want to know how high a character that Dabo recruits

Jan 12, 2016, 6:54 PM

read Ben's Grady's Spiller's and a bunch of other letters that have been penned
by these amazing athletes. They love the same things that we love about Clemson
and that is what is truly special.Go Tigers!!!!!

Love the postscript...

Jan 12, 2016, 6:55 PM

P.S. We will be back. Get ready.

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

Jan 12, 2016, 7:36 PM

I've been a tiger fan since I was born in 1976. I've seen a lot of great teams come through Clemson. I don't remember much about the 1981 national championship team cause I was like 5 years old. But what I've seen from this team this season is far from a letdown. The best team in the country did not win last night. The score didn't reflect the way Clemson played. I'm so proud of what our team accomplished this season. We fought til the end and you can't ask for more than that. I am truely honored to be a tiger fan and look forward to what next season brings. Mark it down Clemson will be 2016 National Champions. It is good to be a Tiger!!!

this team didn't let anybody down, no they took us for one

Jan 12, 2016, 7:42 PM

heck of a ride, played a dang good game last night, should be as proud of themselves as we are of them.

this Clemson alum says, "thank you, Ben and see you soon!"

Jan 12, 2016, 7:52 PM

I had the privilege of seeing Ben demo a tracking technique up close (like get the slobber on you close) for coach V at CDS's youth camp last spring.
When coach V blew the whistle Ben made that tackling dummy write bad checks and call for its mother. It was a shocking spectacle.
I knew right then that if he was that serious about teaching an 11 year old proper technique with that kind of passion that we were all in for a very fun ride. That has been and is still proving to be true.
Enjoy your time here, Ben.
We all salute you.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We owe you and the Team all the Gratitude! THANKS

Jan 12, 2016, 8:21 PM

You carried our Program to the most wins in a year! So the Fans Salute everybody associated with the Football Program! Go Tigers!!!

What a wonderful thing you did here...

Jan 12, 2016, 8:21 PM

Ben, as a graduate of T. L. Hanna '72 and having been born and "raised" as it were in A'son, I must commend you on a most wonderful and heartfelt post. You are absolutely and no doubt from a wonderful and special family. Your spirit is infectious and your talent and drive to "be" are a credit to the Clemson tradition. Thank you, Ben, for sharing your talents with Clemson University on the football field and for sharing this special message with us all. My heart is not "broken" from the loss to Alabama, and though yours is, it is only temporary. You young men and your coaches and support staff just delivered the most magnificent season to your fans that you can imagine. You didn't let us down, in fact, you have lifted us UP! We will always and forever be indebted to you and your teammates for this magical season and the future that it portends. God bless you, Ben, and please let all of your teammates know that Clemson Nation is behind you in everything that you do and we will always, ALWAYS... be you biggest fans and supporters! GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

This team let NO one down.

Jan 12, 2016, 8:57 PM

Period.

Couldn't be more proud!!!***

Jan 12, 2016, 11:21 PM

The Tigers are winners in my book.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic