Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
enough of this Kamara cr@p
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

enough of this Kamara cr@p

Feb 8, 2014, 10:36 AM

Last year he strung us along until he lost his chance, now he is doing it again and a lot of you are hanging on his every word or tweet. Dabo needs to give the ultimatum just like he did last year; it's now or never. This kid is loving the attention and he will milk it for all it's worth. This will go on for months.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: enough of this Kamara cr@p

Feb 8, 2014, 10:39 AM

Agree said it this morning on here. Clemson has offered him a second chance take it or leave don't act like you are doin us a favor. Looking like he didn't learn anything with his bama experience.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll trust Dabo on this one. Kamara is a great talent and

Feb 8, 2014, 10:42 AM

we'd be crazy not to take him, assuming he's not a head case. I'm confident we'll be fine at RB without him, so if it doesn't work out, no big deal. If we can get him - it could be a huge deal - I hope we can. Dabo and staff are all over this, so if we are still pursuing him and/or if we land him, I'm sure that will be a good thing too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I'll trust Dabo on this one. Kamara is a great talent and

Feb 8, 2014, 1:14 PM

I think we got our answer on this when Dabo accepted Yeargin's LOI.

We essentially pulled Spence's Scholly to make this happen.

So unless he wants to walk on, or a player gets booted over the summer, I do not see it happening.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That may be - and if our coaches decide that's what

Feb 8, 2014, 1:40 PM

Is best, then I'm fine with it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

he would have to sit next tr. anyway***

Feb 8, 2014, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll trust Dabo on this one. Kamara is a great talent and ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

typo yr.***

Feb 8, 2014, 5:43 PM

He can't enroll until May, so why would he rush***

Feb 8, 2014, 10:42 AM

Re: He can't enroll until May, so why would he rush***

Feb 8, 2014, 10:46 AM

Bama didn't seem to think he was sooo good. He screwed up at bama he doesn't need to screw up this second chance by still thinking he is some 5 star recruit.

What exactly was his screw up?***

Feb 8, 2014, 10:50 AM

- H. L. Mencken

. . . and what exactly has he done to stir this up?

Feb 8, 2014, 10:59 AM

I don't thing I've seen any statement directly from him. If you want to blame anyone, blame the fans and media.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and what exactly has he done to stir this up? I blame

Feb 8, 2014, 11:00 AM

Saban. For everything. It is just more fun that way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he didn't screw up, Bama just signed too many RB's***

Feb 8, 2014, 2:33 PM [ in reply to What exactly was his screw up?*** ]

and he got hurt early and fell behind the curve against some

Feb 8, 2014, 4:51 PM

other stud RBs.

- H. L. Mencken

He knew he was getting released so he didn't

Feb 8, 2014, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: He can't enroll until May, so why would he rush*** ]

Attend a team function. That is the only thing he did, I see no "screw up"

Re: He knew he was getting released so he didn't

Feb 8, 2014, 11:14 AM

He was suspended twice. For him to not work out at one elite program and be able to transfer to another is a rare event. Most kids have to step down a level or even drop to 1AA.

Again, I'm sure Dabo knows a lot more about Alvin Kamara and

Feb 8, 2014, 11:22 AM

his situation than we do, and is in an infinitely better position to determine if his problems at Bama are likely to impact his potential at Clemson. Therefore I'm fine with whatever he decides.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/01/alabama_rb_alvin_kamara_confir.html

- H. L. Mencken

He was only suspended because Bama was trying to clear...

Feb 8, 2014, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: He knew he was getting released so he didn't ]

up a schollie.

He had already planned to transfer before that team function

Feb 8, 2014, 5:46 PM [ in reply to He knew he was getting released so he didn't ]

that was just Nick Saban's way of trying not to look like the bad guy. When in reality that little trick didn't work, because everybody knows how Saban operates.

Exactly.***

Feb 8, 2014, 5:48 PM

Dumb take

Feb 8, 2014, 10:50 AM

For the 2015 class we are only going to take 1 RB. Clemson has the luxury of being picky with this one take, so it will be a 5.9 or higher back. This take will be completely independent of the decision Kamara makes.

Kamara cant enroll until the summer sooooooooo whats the rush? Im positive the staff isnt waiting around

The smart thing for all parties is to wait until the summer

Feb 8, 2014, 10:59 AM

and see how the spring shakes out for each team under consideration at the running back position(injuries and transfers and general attrition and to see if the NCAA will grant him a waiver to play this fall.

That's probably what he's thinking and what the coaching staffs are telling him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhh....ooo-kkk (??)***

Feb 8, 2014, 11:06 AM

Don't Waste a Scholarship on this dude.

Feb 8, 2014, 11:24 AM

Do not waste a scholarship on this dude. Give it to a player who wants to enroll at CU out of HS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree, but..

Feb 8, 2014, 11:49 AM

ea. to his own.

:-/

Re: Don't Waste a Scholarship on this dude.- I'm sure the

Feb 8, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Don't Waste a Scholarship on this dude. ]

coaches are well aware of the situation and how he would fit our team. Also with Dabo's Bama background I'm sure he veted the kid and what went on there. I'm going to trust them on this one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

totally agree***

Feb 8, 2014, 5:25 PM

Yeah i mean just look what a huge mistake Wisconsin

Feb 8, 2014, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Don't Waste a Scholarship on this dude. ]

made when they offered Russell Wilson. If a kid doesn't choose your school the first time around, the heck with him. Nothing good can come out of it.

lol....

I don't get it. Just because some fans are impatient and

Feb 8, 2014, 12:08 PM

annoyed by Kamara taking his time Dabo should give him an ultimatum and likely run him off?

The kid isn't up against a short deadline here, if he needs to take months to make up his mind, so be it. I really don't think anyone important in this situation cares if some posters on Tnet can't handle the wait.

He shouldn't commit b/c someone on here's impatient

Feb 8, 2014, 12:16 PM

Didn't he commit to Bama after we filled up on RBs? Let the kid take his time and decide. Sometimes, posters on here have some sort of elitism that just doesn't make sense... Saying we are too good for a 5 star back just screams of douchiness while shooting ourselves in the foot at the same time...

Re: He shouldn't commit b/c someone on here's impatient

Feb 8, 2014, 12:21 PM

This situation is nothi g like wilsom. Wilson prove he was a college stud and a high charter kid. Kamara proved at bama he wasn't as good as the other backs they had and even got supeneded. Can the kid help clemson maybe. But it is a reach for a team like clemson to take a kid like this and for him to not realize that clemson is going out of there way here screams permadona and he has learned nothing at bama.

Even if he does commit he can't play until 2015, so there's

Feb 8, 2014, 12:26 PM

No need for him to commit any earlier than he has too

I guess we should have given up on D. Allen and Spiller

Feb 8, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: He shouldn't commit b/c someone on here's impatient ]

Maybe we should go ahead and cut M. Alexander's scholar ship for not being content here...

These are kids. Give them a break. They're in a transitional phase of going from being a kid to a young man. Some of you hold them way too high in accountability for making rash decision and you want to punish them for the rest of their lives. Some people need second chances...imagine if you were never given a second chance...

Re: I guess we should have given up on D. Allen and Spiller

Feb 8, 2014, 10:40 PM

Imagine if Sammy, Bryant, or Battle wasn't given a second chance. This kid is a true freshman whom just stepped out into the real world. Faced with adversity before he can get out of the blocks. Not surprised if his thinking is rational. During these times at such an early age, he needs guidance not thrown out the front door of your unfamiliar new home.

"Permadonna" is that like a Jheri curl?

Feb 8, 2014, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: He shouldn't commit b/c someone on here's impatient ]

:)

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Feb 8, 2014, 1:26 PM [ in reply to He shouldn't commit b/c someone on here's impatient ]

Or they are most likely coots trying to discourage him from coming to Clemson.

Feb 8, 2014, 10:42 PM

Hummmm, great point!

Feb 8, 2014, 3:33 PM [ in reply to He shouldn't commit b/c someone on here's impatient ]

I'm not saying that he is not good or that I wouldn't want him here. Dabo was trying to get a good back; he was looking at 4 of them and no one was committing. Before the BBQ he finally said that the first to commit was who he would take. Dye showed up the day before and committed before the BBQ. What I was stating in the earlier post is that Kamara had the chance before to be a Tiger and didn't commit. If he wants to be a Tiger , then he should commit to the transfer, and quit saying that he is "shopping" around.

Re: Re: He shouldn't commit b/c someone on here's impatient

Feb 8, 2014, 3:58 PM

I agree kid seems to haven't learn anything.

Feb 8, 2014, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: He shouldn't commit b/c someone on here's impatient ]

"Kamara had the chance before to be a Tiger and didn't commit. If he wants to be a Tiger , then he should commit to the transfer, and quit saying that he is "shopping" around."

Why is he not entitled to look around? Did he tell Bama he was DEFINITELY transfering to Clemson? You make it seem like as soon as he decided to transfer from Bama he HAD to commit to Clemson ASAP or else the kid can look elsewhere. Maybe he did have the chance to commit before, but you can't blame HIM for someone else pulling the trigger sooner. There's no real reason for him to commit as quickly as possible either...the only ones that are rushing him are the impatient fans who wanna know where he's going. This mentality makes no sense to me...he is NOT obligated to come here by any stretch of the imagination. He's not playing games with anyone...maybe he's taking his time so he doesn't make the same mistake twice.

Feb 8, 2014, 10:56 PM

Who knows, Dabo have several good players whom committed as walk-ons. These players might live in good financial situation and their parents can foot the bill since we have limited scholarships available at this time. If his financial situation depends on a scholarship to get into to Clemson. then Dabo could have instructed him to wait until after spring training or this summer, since the chances are that he might not be able to play until 2015 season. Similar to the grey shirts commits.

Feb 8, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to He shouldn't commit b/c someone on here's impatient ]

Douchiness? LOLOLOLOL! Never heard that phrase before.

Punctuation is our friend.***

Feb 8, 2014, 1:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do have plenty of talent at RB, without him…..

Feb 8, 2014, 2:32 PM

Kid is transferring, and he needs to realize if wants to make at Clemson he needs to come now, because we have some very talented RB's he is going to have to beat out for playing time.

With that said

Feb 8, 2014, 5:26 PM

He isn't LIKELY to play in 014 (RS)-So there IS time.

The kid made a mistake by picking Bama. I'm sure that he

Feb 8, 2014, 4:53 PM

needs to take the time to be absolutely sure this go round. I defer to Dabo and Scott on their decision to srop or not.

You are speaking of David Kamara who is still at Miss.

Feb 8, 2014, 5:39 PM

I made same mistaken ASSumption!

I smell a gamecock***

Feb 8, 2014, 5:42 PM

The best thing we can do is stop

Feb 9, 2014, 12:01 AM

commenting on Kamara. If a post shows up - ignore it. Let the coaches handle it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kamara is making a big decision and shouldn't rush it.

Feb 9, 2014, 1:17 AM

There is no urgency. I'm sure he has been told by our coaches that we would love to have him and have a scholarship waiting for him. I bet they also support him in taking the time to think, pray, and research things.

The only negative to him waiting a few weeks (or months) is that we have to read posts on TigerNet from grown men, criticizing him for not deciding sooner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Enough is enough

Feb 9, 2014, 1:25 AM

Let the man decide. It is a huge life decision and he made the wrong choice the first time. He would be great w the tigers but he is smart to think it through.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. He did us no wrong and even if so...

Feb 9, 2014, 1:27 AM

..sometimes people make mistakes in judgement. If the kid wants to be a Tiger and our staff wants him, then let's see if we can get him.

Now or never...

Feb 9, 2014, 4:37 AM

they will not include him in a recruiting class and help our rankings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic