Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson vs Miami depth charts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson vs Miami depth charts

Oct 21, 2015, 3:16 PM

Clemson vs Miami depth charts

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope this one is accurate

Oct 21, 2015, 3:18 PM

I don't want the negative impact of having a depth chart full of trickeration!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: I hope this one is accurate

Oct 21, 2015, 3:24 PM

I've read that the Miami OL is a bit of a dumpster fire, and seeing the breakdown of 1 junior and the rest freshmen and sophomores makes me like our DL & LBs chances of shutting down the run and putting ample pressure on Kaaya - he's more of a pocket guy so pressure in his face will be key.

don't know how the roster has played out during the season,

Oct 21, 2015, 3:28 PM

but they're only giving up ~1 sack a game and don't have a great rushing attack to keep teams honest.

kaaya is a player and gets the ball out on time. it would be a boon if we can get to him with 4 and i'm very interested to see how much BV tests him with jailbreaks or if he even tries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ryan Norton isn't on the 2-deep? Is he back?

Oct 21, 2015, 3:30 PM

I thought he was back to work this week and would have been the backup center

That must be the 'trickery' of the week. ;)***

Oct 21, 2015, 3:33 PM

Shouldn't reader be on this?

Oct 21, 2015, 3:50 PM

I know coach said he was going slow with him, but if we put up some big numbers and put in the back-ups he could play a few snaps then. Not sure how that works. GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shouldn't reader be on this?

Oct 21, 2015, 3:59 PM

I was wondering the same. I guess he just isn't ready yet. It's hard to be out of practice that long and come back in a snap. Hopefully next week we see him. He can help depth a ton!

Re: Shouldn't reader be on this?

Oct 21, 2015, 4:18 PM

Agreed on all that. Just seems size wise he'd help. We have looked great on the line for three quarter's, but drop off in the 4th is evident. We need him.

I have a few things

Oct 21, 2015, 4:01 PM

Number one....
So far the staff has wasted Bryant's redshirt.
Number #2
when is Norton coming back?
3rd...
Shouldn't Cain be listed as a starter now (ahead of...PEAKE!!)
Finally,
what's the latest on Austin Bryant and his return/ Does Reader not
even make the 2 deep?

Ok...ty

Re: I have a few things

Oct 21, 2015, 5:10 PM

I totally agree. Peak must be amazing in practice to still be starting. I hate to say that because he's been here forever and a week. But he hasn't played to his potential. Cain as a freshmen is more reliable. And obviously only scratching the surface of his potential. Watsn Cain, ray ray, Thompson and Scott will be a nasty combo for any Defense to deal with.I'm a realist and always have been about my Tigers. I can say confidently that I see a national championship in our near future. Possibly multiple.

Oct 21, 2015, 7:32 PM [ in reply to I have a few things ]

No Cain shouldn't be starting over Peake. Are you crazy???

Oct 21, 2015, 8:08 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/511213/charone-peake
11 Rec, 165 yds, 15.0 avg, long 59, 2 TD's (vs App State)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/3728254/deon-cain
13 Rec, 263 yds, 20.3 avg, long 67, 0 TD's

http://www.independentmail.com/orange-and-white/clemson-snapsshot-tiger-defenders-playing-plenty
Snaps:
Charone Peake: 226 snaps
Deon Cain: 107 snaps

Besides the TD totals stat (which both of Peake's was vs App State), Cain honestly is looking better than Peake, while having less than half Peake's snaps.

Why not?

Oct 21, 2015, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I have a few things ]

Peake hasn't showed anything so far this season that causes him to stand out above Deon. With Peakes experience, even with the injuries, and this being Cain's first season playing WR as a true freshman Peake should be light years ahead of him. But that is not the case. Cain has been highly more impressive than Peake all year and way more reliable in terms of catching the ball when he is targeted. Peake has had multiple drops in each game and has personally caused 3 of DW's interceptions with poor technique and lack of effort to break up the pass. Other than one drop and one ball he didn't get to in the App st game I don't recall anything Cain has done wrong on the field and continues to look better and better each week. Peake has had his chance, it's time to give Cain the start and the majority of the snaps.

Re: Why not?

Oct 21, 2015, 11:20 PM

It's just a few hurdles with Cain. Some kids take longer to gain a full understanding of the offense, especially a converted WR like Cain. It's easy to throw him in on a designed route he has zeroed in on, and has knowledge of to key on his athleticism late in games. But outside of Peake's blunders, he's been outstanding as a blocker, which is a major part of our scheme. I had an idea Peake was a bit more athletic, but that speed hasn't really shown up as of yet. It's his complete knowledge of the playbook that gives Peake the edge right now, but Cain is chomping at his heels.

Re: Why not?

Oct 22, 2015, 2:48 PM

Thank you for mentioning blocking ability! A lot of zone read running & short pass game scheme revolves on the abilities of those on the outside and the ability to block down field. Same can be said with the TE position, without consistent blocking skillset, you may not see the field as an every down guy.

OMG we are going to be even better next year.

Oct 21, 2015, 4:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's unfair they get to play 7 skill players to our 6

Oct 21, 2015, 4:24 PM

just sayin

Miami OL

Oct 21, 2015, 4:50 PM

very young. oldest guy on line is RT who is a jr.

I like our DL against their OL

boulware should be wreaking havoc on Kaaya all night if our 4 guys up front take care of business.

It still amazes me how absurdly deep we are at running back.

Oct 22, 2015, 12:00 AM

You could honestly put any of those players out there and I would be comfortable in our run game. People seem to forget Cj Davidson was a stud in every game he played but after that stripped fumble in the fsu game he seems to be just ignored and brushed off as mediocre. Ty Dye would be a starter at a surprising amount of schools right now and he hasn't really been able to see the field. We are set at RB for years to come especially with gamebreakers like Feaster coming in who I believe is going to be the closest thing to a CJ spiller style running back since CJ graduated. I don't even need to say a thing about Wayne the train gallman. People think we're good this year.... Next year is going to be unbelievable especially if Mac stays and even though I fear he's gone but if jayron stays I honestly believe we will be fully capable of being even more dominant in every aspect as the Semiholes the year they won the natty.

They've got some BIG RBs***

Oct 22, 2015, 10:03 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic