Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First trip to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

First trip to Clemson

Oct 16, 2018, 10:22 AM

Any one thing we must do this weekend, besides go to game? Come down from Pittsburgh, PA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First trip to Clemson

Oct 16, 2018, 10:31 AM

There is a ton to do, but you picked a fun weekend in homecoming. Always recommend walking the campus to get a feel for the place. You can choose to begin or end that walk at Bowman Field where all of the homecoming floats will be. Great for families, and photos. Try to also time it up so you can make Tiger Walk as the players enter the stadium.

If you can find the time, check out the Esso Club. Head downtown and support the local merchants and buy some Tiger gear. Make your way over to the graveyard of ranked wins as well.

Most importantly, wear orange, and enjoy yourself!

Walk around and soak in the atmosphere and the campus

Oct 16, 2018, 10:32 AM

it truly is God's country

Some ideas...

• Tigerama Friday night
• Downtown stores/bars
• Check out the homecoming floats on Bowman
• Tigerwalk couple hours prior to kick-off
• Band pep rally in the amphitheater
• Follow band into stadium
• Icecream at Hendrix

Don't miss Tigers running down the hill. Get there early.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 10:38 AM

Tigerama on Friday night 7:00pm at Memorial Stadium is a fun family event, followed by a full fireworks show:

cutigerama.com for advance tickets

Come early and view the floats on Bowman field

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 10:51 AM

Also my first trip to clemson, does anyone have any fun bar suggestions, or food places?

Oct 16, 2018, 11:38 AM

Hangout on Friday night at Nick's downtown Clemson after having dinner at Atami. It's in Seneca, but short drive. Doesn't look like much, but excellent for the price.

Saturday, I would hit up Schilletter for brunch. It's within walking distance to the stadium and downtown.

After the game, Paw's Diner is a solid hangout.

Oct 16, 2018, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: First trip to Clemson ]

pubs :
Nick's
Esso Club
Sloan Street Tap Room
Study Hall

tigerwalk (lot 5)
walk around campus by amphitheatre
arrive early for tiger band & the Hill
walk around and meet people and tailgate

enjoy & welcome !!!

Oct 16, 2018, 1:08 PM

Sheesh...I graduated in 1987. The list of the bars is exactly the same except for Study Hall!

Oct 16, 2018, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: First trip to Clemson ]

Is Nick still alive? Does he still yank the stool from under your butt at closing time?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: First trip to Clemson ]

thanks boss

Oct 16, 2018, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: First trip to Clemson ]

Backstreets is a good place to eat, drink, & watch football before or after the Clemson game

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 12:58 PM

where are you staying? In Clemson? If your in Clemson the earlier posts answered the question. Clemson is truly a college town, not much that isn't student oriented, campus is beautiful and homecoming will make it more fun than usual... if your not in town give yourself plenty of time to get into town, the new traffic flows can be frustrating to deal with...

Make sure you get into the stadium for the hill run... never gets old although Clemson has found a way to make it less exciting by restricting hill access on the north side and going PC on the balloons...

In any case, welcome and enjoy the atmosphere and the game.

Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you a Clemson fan or a fan of another school just coming to

Oct 16, 2018, 1:11 PM

see what Clemson is all about? Either way, welcome and have a blast!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Definitely check out campus as well as downtown Greenville.

Oct 16, 2018, 1:26 PM

Clemson is definitely a college town, and downtown Clemson is immediately adjacent to campus. It has a nice collection of bars and restaurants. You must go to the Esso Club, which has been there forever and is one of the quintessential college bars in the U.S.

Clemson's campus is beautiful, and is worth exploring. Definitely check out the ampitheatre and reflection pond, Tillman Hall, and the homecoming floats on Bowman Field. The Greek quad as well as the John C. Calhoun home, both on campus also, are worth checking out as well.

If you are staying in Greenville, or have some time to kill on Friday or Sunday, downtown Greenville is a wonderful award-winning downtown. Tons of great restaurants and shops, plus Falls Park with its natural waterfall, are all there. Very walkable and fun if you have time.

Enjoy your visit to Clemson! We pride ourselves on being very hospitable and welcoming to opposing fans. If you tailgate, you are sure to make some friends and will be invited to join other tailgates.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Are you into fine dining?

Oct 16, 2018, 3:32 PM

If so, there's an Applebee's about halfway betweenst Clemson and Seneca. If you're into some REALLY fine dining, a short 45 minute trip can get you to the Red Lobster in Greenville.

Go Tigers!

Re: Are you into fine dining?

Oct 18, 2018, 8:22 AM

Thanks for all the recommendations. Long drive tomorrow, but cannot wait for a fun weekend.

dont forget to "rush the field".. win or lose after the game

Oct 18, 2018, 11:09 AM

Hope you have a tremendous weekend in Clemson. Hope the weather holds out for us. Not sure if you are traveling with kids or not, but either way I hope it's special. My humble suggestions:
Friday:
- With or without kids, you've gotta try some Clemson Ice Cream. Go to the Hendrix Student Center between 11:30 & 6PM on Friday ( or 11:30 & 2PM Saturday)
- Walk through the homecoming displays on Bowman Field. If you are around tonight you can watch the kids working on getting them finished.
- Walk the campus. Look at the sidewalks in Trustee park to see the names of the graduates embedded in them.
- Clemson has a small downtown area near campus. Check out the shops.
-If you are traveling with a wife or special female, she'll love the All Inspired boutique. (take her credit card before she enters)
- Sloan St Tap Room is a must. It' run by Jimmy Howard son of legendary coach Frank Howard. Have some boiled peanuts and the coldest beer in town
- Stop in Tiger Town Tavern (where I squandered my first years at Clemson) for some more beverages. Head to the top of the tavern ($1 for a membership) to enjoy some billiards and or darts
- TD's is good for people watching and some mediocre food to settle the stomach
- Tigerama is in the stadium from 7-9PM. This is the 63rd year. It is the second largest pep rally in college football.
- After Tigerama meander over to the ESSO Club for more fun. Its close to the stadium and about a 15 minute walk from downtown.
SATURDAY:
- I've never gone downtown on a game day. Tailgating is the big activity. Folks will be rolling into town and will start tailgating early. Walk around and don't be shy about telling folks it is your first trip to Clemson or asking questions. You'll be welcomed at many tailgates. My crew will be setting up by 10AM.
- Get into the stadium a little early. The portals tend to get jammed up and you don't want to miss the tigers running down the hill.
- If you are in the lower deck. Head down on the field after the game. "Meet at the Paw" is another tradition. Many players will linger and the kids can get an autograph or a picture.

Welcome and enjoy the trip!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"To hell with the best team winning, I want us to win!"- Frank Howard

Backstreets, Tiger Town, Esso Club...

Oct 18, 2018, 11:19 AM

and walk around the campus. The campus is superbly beautiful. They ruined my favorite spot behind Hardin (little path between a few trees), but the area around the reflecting pond (library) is still very pretty

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic