Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
does dye immediately make our o-line look better?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,316

does dye immediately make our o-line look better?

Oct 21, 2014, 12:29 PM

or, with the struggles of the line and the inability to throw the ball downfield until we get Watson back, do we even risk playing Dye???

i honestly believe that Davidson, Choice, Gallman, and even Howard are all serviceable backs but the struggles and instability of our o-line have caused them to struggle more so than our RB's lack of talent.

In my opinion, Watson makes our o-line and running backs look better because of his dual-threat dynamic and his ability to get the ball down field on vertical routes.

just my thoughts

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can color them whatever you want, it aint gonna halp.***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:32 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you would be amazed what a really good rb will do

Oct 21, 2014, 1:02 PM

for an OL. They just need to open up a crack for one and also once they see the RB make some nice long runs it gets them juiced up to block harder knowing the next play just might be the difference in a close game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We just have some major issues on the offensive line no

Oct 21, 2014, 1:50 PM [ in reply to You can color them whatever you want, it aint gonna halp.*** ]

matter who's in the backfield it's going to take a real elusive player to make things happen with that line. It can happen, but we don't have that type of back to make it happen. In the past we've had game breaker backs that could make you miss, which makes the O-Line look better than it really was. CJ Davidson has some bounce in his step, I think with more carries he may be a better back than we think. Until we can open up holes, get some push from the O-Line these problems is not going away.

He's coming back from an Achilles injury

Oct 21, 2014, 12:32 PM

I don't think he's going to be as skrong as people think this season. I feel like we're just going to suck at running it until we get healthy and our OL gets tougher in the offseason. I think we are basically going to use the screen game as our run game and be a west coast kind of team the rest of the way.

at least Jameis is still skrong***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well if they reopen the case and he lands in the clink

Oct 21, 2014, 12:43 PM

He isn't going to be skrong for very long.

Re: does dye immediately make our o-line look better?

Oct 21, 2014, 12:43 PM

Watson is able to freeze the inebackers with his eyes and threat to run, he is very special in that regard.

As far as Dye, I dont expect him to be our short yardage back any time soon, but they will find ways to work him in. Like Choice, he is a great option as a receiver out of the backfield.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do we know what kind of receiver he is out of the backfield?***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:45 PM

Re: do we know what kind of receiver he is out of the backfield?***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:45 PM

yes, a very good one. That is why he was so coveted by Morris.

awesome. certainly could help Cole over the next few games***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:49 PM

Re: awesome. certainly could help Cole over the next few games***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:53 PM

I noticed Choice really struggling the last couple of games to get open, or missing the reads on blitzing linebackers. If Dye is able to get into form, then it would be a bonus for us.

Oct 21, 2014, 12:54 PM

Well he has had ample time to study the playbook and breakdown film. I hope assignment wise he is 100% very soon.

Oct 21, 2014, 1:01 PM

syracuse and wake will be perfect opportunities to him to get rounded into form, hopefully he will shine.

Yes, once he is close to full speed.

Oct 21, 2014, 12:57 PM

There are plays to be made in the running game and the passing game that we are not making right now and it's not the offensive line's fault. While the O-line isn't great, it is good enough to be much more productive that we currently are. We just aren't very talented in the backfield right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, once he is close to full speed.

Oct 21, 2014, 1:25 PM

Agree. Lots of holes the RBs are missing

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,316
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic