Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
May Madness - General Lakebumry region #3 vs. #6 seeds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

May Madness - General Lakebumry region #3 vs. #6 seeds

May 7, 2020, 1:44 PM

Seed #3

I'm lucky if I get home by 6:00, then I have to play with dogs, make a couple of laps around the house naked, then watch Pardon the Interruption. By the time I'm done with all of that, it's well past 7:00

Seed #6

There­'s a blue house right outside of 18 mile on Hartwell

They have made numerous additions to the house, all of which involve shipping containers the man procured from somewhere. Deck built on top of shipping containers, another wing of the house built on top of shipping containers, etc. He tried to extend the roof on his dock out with 2x4's to cover his big cruiser boat that never moved....it lasted about 4 days before the new roof collapsed on the boat. That big cruiser boat actually sunk at the end of last year and sat on the bottom of the lake for about a month before it was recovered. He did go out and put a tarp on it after it sunk. No idea what he ended up doing with it.

There's a mud slide of construction debris that goes down his backyard from other failed projects. Most of it seems to be from when he attempted to terrace the hill with what appears to be white vinyl siding. I have no idea what else it can be. I'm sure there's all sorts of god awful electrical work, and who knows what else if you actually got to inspect the property.

Anyway, your house kind of sounds like his.

Choose free or die    [Results]

Seed #3
Seed #6
2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cannot believe nobody else on here has seen that

May 7, 2020, 1:57 PM

blue house I'm referencing, I think TigerPride hangs out in that area of the lake, he's got to have noticed it too. That guy would tell facebook coach to hold his beer, some of his DIY projects have been fantastically bad. His dock modifications make the pallet deck look like a professional HGTV reno.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do we have pigs?***

May 7, 2020, 2:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do actually, from when the boat sank

May 7, 2020, 2:05 PM
RichFBCoach.jpg(237.1 K)

You can't really see the vinyl siding debris from this close up, but it's there. I promise

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fbcoach be like

May 7, 2020, 2:07 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Also, he has now cleared out all the trees in the top left

May 7, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to I do actually, from when the boat sank ]

of that picture and has parked a large backhoe there.

I've never seen a house with three different colors of sidin

May 7, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to I do actually, from when the boat sank ]

on one side.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll try to get a picture of the one on the road

May 7, 2020, 2:20 PM

from our house to Lake Blalock. Every different flat wall has a different color ranging from white to light gray to dark gray to a greenish slate gray.

The guy that owns it is the brother of someone I know. He said his brother bought left over lots from a siding companyat pennies on the square foot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

It's Mediterranean, you uncultured dolt.***

May 7, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to I've never seen a house with three different colors of sidin ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it, but this is

May 7, 2020, 2:14 PM [ in reply to I do actually, from when the boat sank ]

even trashier than I was picturing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've made it one of the things I like to show people new to

May 7, 2020, 2:36 PM

the lake. We'll go see the eagles nests, Death Valley from the water, Portman, the jumping off rock, etc. but this is always the first stop. The addition on top of shipping containers always takes peoples breath away.

That is amazing

May 7, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to I do actually, from when the boat sank ]

That anything is still standing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notice the unsupported beams he added to the dock in an

May 7, 2020, 2:39 PM

attempt to extend the roof out. I bet he is personally responsible for more trash in the lake than the entire boating community combined.

That makes me feel real good about the roof I put on our deck***

May 7, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to I do actually, from when the boat sank ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

palm tree branches?***

May 7, 2020, 2:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

corrugated polycarbonate

May 7, 2020, 2:28 PM

Translucent white to keep it cooler in the summer

It works great but looks hideous. I'm glad it doesn't show from the road.

Isaac Asimov

so you're not planning on selling house anytime soon

May 7, 2020, 2:30 PM

I'm guessing

Nope - I've almost got everything the way I like it

May 7, 2020, 3:07 PM

Since i built it it won't be too hard to knock it down if I need to.

Isaac Asimov

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic