Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Tommy Bowden: All of a sudden, I was Idiot of the Year real quick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Football Update: Tommy Bowden: All of a sudden, I was Idiot of the Year real quick

Oct 22, 2012, 4:47 PM

Tommy Bowden: All of a sudden, I was Idiot of the Year real quick

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When did Tommy come back from the dead?

Oct 22, 2012, 4:48 PM

Why is there a newsflash about him every day? Someone stop it. Gonna jinx our season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And why is he dressed like Johnny Cash?!?!***

Oct 22, 2012, 4:49 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And why is he dressed like Johnny Cash?!?!***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:40 AM

I guess you're trying to be funny. Coz I would hope your not an idiot!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And why is he dressed like Johnny Cash?!?!***

Oct 23, 2012, 9:18 AM

I guess your spelling is ironic, because I hope you're not an idiot.

At least he could beat South Carolina***

Oct 22, 2012, 4:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very true......I miss that***

Oct 22, 2012, 4:54 PM

Truthfully, it was a different SCU that Tommy owned...He

Oct 22, 2012, 4:56 PM [ in reply to At least he could beat South Carolina*** ]

would have lost the last 3 too...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes but we're "supposedly" a different clemson too.....

Oct 22, 2012, 4:58 PM

losing 3 straight to USC in supposedly "our best years" in a while is inexcusable

And hows that working out for us?***

Oct 22, 2012, 5:01 PM

It's not just us they have owned. They have owned

Oct 22, 2012, 5:02 PM [ in reply to yes but we're "supposedly" a different clemson too..... ]

Georgia, Tennessee and Florida( until this year) as of late. I don't see Tommy having the same success (that he did against them) any more than Dabo.

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Nor did I...***

Oct 22, 2012, 5:04 PM

there's no excuse to have been beat down 3 straight years...

Oct 22, 2012, 5:08 PM [ in reply to It's not just us they have owned. They have owned ]

our recruiting has stayed "step for step" with USC's

and the on field difference in the score has been lopsided

plus UT has flat out sucked
UGA (mark richt has been mentioned as Tommy bowden on a higher level)
UF ever since meyer/tebow left they've sucked (until this year)

CLEMSON on the other hand has "supposedly" "turned the corner"........is part of it smoke and mirrors with the ACC sucking so bad........absolutely, but don't care what excuses people come up with there is ZERO excuse to get POUNDED by USC 3 straight years.........not to mention 4

this is no slight to Dabo, he has done well considering his

Oct 22, 2012, 8:30 PM

experience heading into the job.....but... he is not a 'seasoned' leader. He is getting that experience on the job. It is happening before our eyes. We have had talent in MANY positions but we have not controlled both the O and D lines in any year since he or Tommy have led the team. I would say we are TURNING the Corner. We have not 'Turned' the corner completley...... yet. Please do not think that I am dogging my man Dabo.

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

How many times did Bowden beat a USuC team

Oct 22, 2012, 5:18 PM [ in reply to It's not just us they have owned. They have owned ]

That finished in the top 25?

Once - in 2000 in Clemson he beat a USuC team that finished #19. He lost to the eventual #13 team in 2001. Stop the comparisons. This is a much better Coot team than the Bowden era.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

then we need to stop sayin........

Oct 22, 2012, 5:22 PM

this is a better clemson team than when TB was here

b/c i'm not buyin' the BS that USC is truly that much better to where we don't come CLOSE the last 3 years to beating them

truthfully i think both programs have stepped it up from where they have been, but there hasn't been a big enough difference in the 2 teams to justify us get our teeth kicked in 3 yrs in a row........possibly 4.

Re: then we need to stop sayin........

Oct 22, 2012, 5:26 PM

So you discount 2 division titles and 1 ACC Championship in 3 years?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didn't say that.......but the point is........

Oct 22, 2012, 5:29 PM

we shouldn't be getting blown out by USC 3 years running

just as UT, UF, and UGA being dominated by USC can be attributed partially to them being way down

the ACC suckin can partially be attributed to our success

but no i don't discount those I'm simply talking about USC's domination over Clemson.........there's no excuse for it.......the coaches gotta fix that this year.

rah rah rah, that is not what this is about***

Oct 23, 2012, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: then we need to stop sayin........ ]

We won the ACC, so that tells ya it's better***

Oct 22, 2012, 9:47 PM [ in reply to then we need to stop sayin........ ]

Good video...now wish he would find a job...

Oct 22, 2012, 8:54 PM [ in reply to How many times did Bowden beat a USuC team ]

and get off our payroll.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I think we lost because we were quitters...

Oct 22, 2012, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Truthfully, it was a different SCU that Tommy owned...He ]

I know we lost last year because we had no fight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...We quit in 09 and we quit last year...***

Oct 22, 2012, 5:12 PM

Re: Football Update: Tommy Bowden: All of a sudden, I was Idiot of the Year real quick

Oct 22, 2012, 4:53 PM

In summary, this is a video about religion with a hint of football. Nothing about TB's time spent at Clemson aside from the opening statement.

Re: Football Update: Tommy Bowden: All of a sudden, I was Idiot of the Year real quick

Oct 22, 2012, 5:06 PM

You were an idiot Tommy when you got here.It just took a lot of folks a while to learn that! Where's a genius such as you are coaching now??? Merriweather says hello!

Football means nothing in the whole scheme of things***

Oct 22, 2012, 4:54 PM

It meant Tens of Millions to Tommy...***

Oct 22, 2012, 5:00 PM

No Tommy, you were idiot of the year several times

Oct 22, 2012, 5:01 PM

before that.

lol lol lol...oh myyyy***

Oct 22, 2012, 5:15 PM

And thank you Tommy for that 2004 loss to 2-9 Duke

Oct 22, 2012, 5:28 PM [ in reply to No Tommy, you were idiot of the year several times ]

Pathetic.

i guess his point was proven in how fickle a fan can be***

Oct 23, 2012, 7:19 AM

That's all good and well, but he needed a LESSON

Oct 22, 2012, 5:14 PM

in motivation...he once said he does not motivate he leaves that up to his seniors! oh boy.

I do not think that title is accurate....

Oct 22, 2012, 5:19 PM

That is not a direct quote of what he said. It is paraphrasing, and i do not think it accurately reflects what he was saying.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty cool***

Oct 22, 2012, 5:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would rather waste my time posting this than watching that***

Oct 22, 2012, 5:33 PM

I didn't watch but the first couple of seconds, I apologize

Oct 22, 2012, 8:46 PM

if it was more about his faith than just football. TB just has a way of getting under my skin.

Re: Re: Football Update: Tommy Bowden: All of a sudden, I was Idiot of the Year real quick

Oct 22, 2012, 6:15 PM

Wow. Classless.

Re: Re: Re: Football Update: Tommy Bowden: All of a sudden, I was Idiot of the Year real quick

Oct 22, 2012, 6:18 PM

Tommy deserves to be left alone. Why keep doing this?

He was actually eligible for consecutive awards, or maybe

Oct 22, 2012, 6:30 PM

that was sequential.

So he DID know he needed to motivate players...

Oct 22, 2012, 6:37 PM

Thanks for continuing the tradition of religious content on JesusNet.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for your continued tradition of pointless posts.***

Oct 23, 2012, 7:00 AM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Great, inspirational video......***

Oct 22, 2012, 6:42 PM

I watched several of these. Pretty cool stuff!***

Oct 22, 2012, 6:47 PM

Why did you misquote him?

Oct 22, 2012, 7:16 PM

Nm

Re: Why did you misquote him?

Oct 22, 2012, 7:25 PM

headline tease

A fabrication is not a tease...

Oct 22, 2012, 9:48 PM

Nm

real quick? No Tommy, many of us thought that from the day

Oct 22, 2012, 7:49 PM

You lost to Marshall, and we were right all along.

Wow

Oct 22, 2012, 7:57 PM

Wow, a guy that did not say anything bad about Clemson in his video about Jesus gets blasted. That same guy got CJ Spiller because of his faith. He was coach of the year with a clean, graduating program and was made an idiot by people on t-net. We loved 63-17, we loved Holtz being owned, we loved Spurrier keeping his pie hole shut. TB's teams, you know the kids that play the game, couldn'tclose the deal for ACC championships so lets continue to blast a guy that did his best to recover a program from the Hatfield years after Tommy West gave it a try without success. Lets blast the guy that finally started beating FSU and the guy that beat usuck 4 years in a row. Don't misunderstand, I am a huge Dabo fan, but we wouldn't havehim either if it were not for TB. Y'all are starting to sound like spurrier.

Re: Wow

Oct 22, 2012, 9:02 PM

Agree 100%. Kudos to Tommy Bowden for this.

Re: Wow

Oct 22, 2012, 9:32 PM

We didn't own usuck the last game that I saw TB coaching. Merriweather says hello.

Wrong

Oct 22, 2012, 11:22 PM

Actually Tommy beat USuC in his last game against them. 2007 at Billy Brice. Mark Buckholz says hello.

Nail meet hammer ... nice post. +1***

Oct 22, 2012, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Wow ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

The "Wow" post above said it all. Bowden did a lot to turn

Oct 22, 2012, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Wow ]

Clemson back in the right direction. Head Coaches are figure heads. They never do all the coaching, and they don't play on the field. Execution is up to the players.

It is kind of ridiculous that some of you are still confused about this. He coached us through some big wins too. His children went to Clemson. We should all move on & wish him the best.

I hear this a lot...

Oct 23, 2012, 7:03 AM [ in reply to Wow ]

but when did Tommy get blasted for his faith? I think his faith and his name kept him around longer than other coaches would have been around, considering the annual failure to win the big game, and his average of 7.5 wins a year.

Apropos, I don't understand Tommy's claim that the this is a "secular" world.

Christianity is the world's largest religion, and about 85% of everyone on the planet is a believer of some sort.

I think it rings false that a guy would set up this false victim's complex.

What matters is that Tommy did his best for this program, and that he ran it with dignity, and that he set a very sturdy base for the next guy.

You should post more often. Well said.***

Oct 23, 2012, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Wow ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of us just don't like seeing his face

Oct 23, 2012, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Wow ]

since our IPTAY dues are keeping him paid and allowing him to do videos and TV specials with all of his free time.

Nobody's hating on his religion or convictions, but you can choose not to like someone who is really religious just like you can choose to dislike a heathen. Jesus said love thy neighbor, he didn't say anything about liking him.

Also, I feel like Dabo was far more instrumental in getting CJ (and getting him to stay after his freshman year) than TB was.

Oct 22, 2012, 10:48 PM

Wow, I have done my share of Tommy bashing. I got on and off the "fire Tommy" bandwagon so many times my ankles hurt. Deep down, I think he still wishes he was coaching here and a part of the turn around Dabo is orchestrating. He did great things for us, and he slipped up too. But in the grand scheme of things he was more interested in making a difference in his players lives, which doesn't always add up to wins and championships. That being said, I think he still loves Clemson, but he has found his true calling by sharing the word of Christ.

PS - you can't blame TB for still being on the Clemson payroll. None of us would have turned the buyout down either.

Hey, Tommy, that was a baaaaad job interview.

Oct 22, 2012, 11:31 PM

KMA, you FAIL! Bye.

PS. I supported you until the Weak Florist and Maryland debacles. Your particular brand of blaming everybody else doesn't play, however. Good luck. This interview is exactly why you're not coaching today, btw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Did you even watch it?***

Oct 23, 2012, 1:39 AM

It's amazing to see how many posters on here hate TB.

Oct 22, 2012, 11:49 PM

I remember where we were before Tommy Bowden came to Clemson. Good old boy Tommy West's last season at Clemson, 3-8. TB turned the program around in 2 yrs going 6-6 and then 9-3. I know TB always seemed to be unable to win the Big Game, but he did put in place the foundation that we now have built on with Dabo. He opened the doors into Florida with recruiting. He got the ball rolling with updating our facilities. And he owned the chickens. He did all this while running a clean program and keeping his kids out of trouble. During his tenure it seemed as though every other week USuC had another player or two arrested, and TB's players didn't seem to have this issue. There are a lot of things that TB was not able to accomplish at Clemson, but I am very thankful of what he did accomplish. He did a lot to change the expectations in Clemson year in and year out.

Oct 23, 2012, 12:29 AM

"I'm Tommy Bowden and I'm second"....in the ACC Atlantic division

Lol Point***

Oct 23, 2012, 9:19 AM

How soon people forget!

Oct 23, 2012, 3:28 AM

He is the master brick mason that laid the foundation of what we now have. Most of the WEZ and the football team as we know it came from a person that knew where to start. Dabo has done a great job since taking over........but the cupboard was hardly bare.
CTB, thanks for sharing!
Haters, KMA.....flame away!!!!!!!!!

So glad he's not our coach anymore...***

Oct 23, 2012, 8:16 AM

Tommy has class

Oct 23, 2012, 8:33 AM

Tommy has class. He puts God first as it should be. He brought class to Clemson U. and had a great run. I am longtime season ticket holder and was at the games when things blew up with Tommy. He started what is going on now. Good or bad. Dabo "is" an extension of the Bowden era.
Tommy puts God first and the video takes courage to make. Good job Tommy.
Still has class.

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic