Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
did first Amazon return to UPS store yesterday afternoon.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 531

did first Amazon return to UPS store yesterday afternoon.

Feb 7, 2020, 8:19 AM

took less than a minute to hand them a shoebox, not packed for shipping, and get the code in my
phone's email scanned. And free. Got credit today. I'm good wit dat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, it’s a solid system. Not sure if you saw what they do

Feb 7, 2020, 8:22 AM

With it, but it’s a cost saver for amazon too. Item goes into a plastic bag with the slip, and into a big cardboard box. So they’re shipping one big bulk box back at a discounted freight rate instead of 50 individual shipments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But how long until Amazon has their

Feb 7, 2020, 8:27 AM

own site to do this?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably never as long as someone else is willing to cover

Feb 7, 2020, 8:31 AM

the G&A overhead of a brick and mortar location for them.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

G&A?

Feb 7, 2020, 8:35 AM

gaymers and assholes?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOLUTZ.

Feb 7, 2020, 8:39 AM

GEORGIA AND ALABAMA , YOU ACC-LOVING DOLT. SEC RULES BECAUSE IT JUST MEANS MORE.

But, this current system makes UPS money.

Feb 7, 2020, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Probably never as long as someone else is willing to cover ]

Thus UPS can still compete in the delivery business. Maybe Amazon tries to make that a huge part of UPS's revenue stream all while figuring out how to do it on their own. Get UPS dependent on that income, then yank the rug out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's going to cost to ship anyway.

Feb 7, 2020, 8:56 AM

My guess is that deal sort of gives UPS some exclusivity over USPS, FedEx, etc. Remember to that Kohl's also serves as an Amazon return drop-off, which I would assume gets people into the store as a perk of that partnership with Amazon. I'm not sure Amazon wants to be in the delivery business to the extent of world-wide carriers, but obviously they've figured out that localized delivery from their fulfillment centers is saving them some money.

Again, just guessing here but if Amazon wanted to move into the delivery business and compete with major carriers, it really wouldn't take them long to figure it out and they certainly have the financial stability to move quickly into that arena if that was a plan going forward.

Re: did first Amazon return to UPS store yesterday afternoon.

Feb 7, 2020, 9:41 AM

Did that a couple of weeks ago, and my AMEX was credited before I got back home. Too easy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 531
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic