Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
did any of you hear Jesse Palmer Saturday?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

did any of you hear Jesse Palmer Saturday?

Oct 7, 2013, 3:58 PM

back pedaling on his busting on Clemson?

i think he was saying National Championship and Clemson blah blah blah.

talk about Crawfishing.
wow
that is the new definition of Palmering. crawling backwards as hard as you can...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I about fell out of my chair when I heard that***

Oct 7, 2013, 4:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guys he didn't really trash us. Why are we soooo sensitive?

Oct 7, 2013, 4:01 PM

He never said anything that bad about us.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HUH?

Oct 7, 2013, 4:28 PM

he didn't say we kill babies, but he all but said he expects us to fail, because that is our history

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't say he expects us to fail, he said that we have

Oct 7, 2013, 5:28 PM

not erased that history yet, in his opinion. He thinks we still carry that stigma, and the other two guys disagreed. He never said we won't do well this year, he never even said he doesn't expect us to be the in national title picture by the end of the year.

Over-sensitivity has caused many of you to jump to emotional conclusions and sensationalize the intent of his comments.

Mentioning it once would have been enough, twice was

Oct 7, 2013, 6:54 PM

too much ... but Palmer wouldn't shut up about it.

He went on and on and on ... even when his booth-mates got on his case about it. He was determined not to let it drop or even soften his stance.

He's a jackleg and I have a hunch he was instructed by his bosses to back off.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had a deliberate agenda to propagate the derogatory

Oct 7, 2013, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Guys he didn't really trash us. Why are we soooo sensitive? ]

term "Clemsoning" on a national broadcast of our game, in which we were winning. His agenda became more apparent when he acted offended and defensive because the other broadcasters stood up for us.

I don't need every broadcaster to sing our praises, but as Dabo says, this "Clemsoning" term is sheer laziness. It isn't even remotely accurate for the team on the field today, and isn't fair to his players.

null

Deliberate agenda? Sounds like you wear tin-foil hats.

Oct 7, 2013, 5:30 PM

The dude just expressed his opinion that we have not completely shed our old image, that we most certainly deserved once upon a time.

When you use phrases like "deliberate agenda" you make it sound as if he's some foreign agent sowing the seeds of destruction for our program. That's silly.

When I say "deliberate agenda", I mean he had an agenda,

Oct 7, 2013, 5:46 PM

and it was deliberate.

If that makes YOU think of foreign agents sowing the seeds of destruction for our program, then that is your therapy bill, not mine.

Seriously, I'm not saying he was told to do it or he contemplated long-term harm to Clemson. I'm saying he's lazy and a bit dull, and he had this in his head that it would be cool or funny or clever to say regardless of reality or the situation at hand. And since it is inaccurate and derogatory toward my school, I choose to not like him.

null

Re: When I say "deliberate agenda", I mean he had an agenda,

Oct 7, 2013, 5:54 PM

Fair enough, point.

Re: When I say "deliberate agenda", I mean he had an agenda,

Oct 7, 2013, 6:41 PM [ in reply to When I say "deliberate agenda", I mean he had an agenda, ]

I do not agree!! he is trying to downgrade the ACc and Clemson especially!!that is his goal and the goal of the entire ESPN crew!! they only want to promote the SEC against all others!! it is SICKNING!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CSO, I think I found your Huckleberry. ******

Oct 7, 2013, 7:34 PM

null

Meter not working.***

Oct 8, 2013, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: When I say "deliberate agenda", I mean he had an agenda, ]

have to agree

Oct 7, 2013, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Guys he didn't really trash us. Why are we soooo sensitive? ]

all he said was we havnt shed the "pulling a clemson" phrase yet because not even two years ago we broke the top 5 and then went to unranked g tech...got beat down...then went to unranked nc state..got beat down...and then went into the orange bowl favored and gave up 70..three times we lost games we shouldnt have not even 2 years ago

we were so highly ranked before those losses that we were fortunate enough not to fall out of the top 25..which is the stat everyone is referring to when they say we have been ranked 30 some consecutive weeks..

hes not wrong in those statements..we did lose those games and they werent that long ago

but he also recognizes our talent..says all the time that we have an embarrassment of riches..he loves tajh and sammy and talked about how beastly vic beasley is on many different occasions throughout the broadcast..

we didnt have any bad losses last year which is great..if we can avoid the stupid loss again this year then i think its safe to say that phrase is behind us..i dont really get why everyone is up in arms about his comments

Yes...two years ago our team came off of a 6-7 season

Oct 7, 2013, 7:43 PM

capped off with a pathetic loss to USF, started the season not receiving any poll votes and put together a nice string of wins. Then we fell apart. Two years ago. Should we discuss the twenty or so teams that have built up our expectations but seemed to have failed over the past two years?

null

Re: did any of you hear Jesse Palmer Saturday?

Oct 7, 2013, 4:01 PM

Well, he can try and walk it back but the bottom line is he's an SEC homer through and through.

Believe me, if we play 'Bama in the NC game, you know who he's going to pick.

Oddly enough, he DID pick us to beat LSU in the bowl game...how about that? Even a blind squirrel can find a nut.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Who could blame ANYBODY from picking Alabama. I am

Oct 7, 2013, 4:10 PM

suprised that he picked us over LSU........how did THAT escape me. Wow, thanks for the info

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: did any of you hear Jesse Palmer Saturday?

Oct 7, 2013, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: did any of you hear Jesse Palmer Saturday? ]

this. very true. Plus I just think he makes inane comments when he does games. he is a bozo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on, give announcers a chance to change their minds

Oct 7, 2013, 4:52 PM

We have looked unbeatable the last 2 games after he gave us hard time against NC State, where we didn't look in sync.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been using the mute button since the 70's.

Oct 7, 2013, 5:34 PM

I ran a switchleg to the speakers on my TV and stuck a cheap toggle switch on the end. It works. I bought the first TV with a remote and I even recorded the game Saturday and refuse to watch it in real time.

Sometimes I let Jesse talk but most of the time I tell the punk to shutup by exercising my right to mute.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clemsoning...pulling a clemson

Oct 7, 2013, 7:25 PM

Clemson could win the national championship this year and will eventually lose to a lower team some time in the future beyond, and guys like palmer will be there to revive the phrases. We need to kill those thoughts today!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic