Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis

Jan 27, 2015, 2:45 PM

Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish him the best of luck there, it stinks things didn't workout at Clemson***

Jan 27, 2015, 3:09 PM

Re: FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis

Jan 27, 2015, 3:16 PM

Best of luck to you Mr. Oglesby. This makes sense for him, and the mantra is true...WETOODEEP! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2015, 3:50 PM

I heard a few weeks back SMU...Hmm

PT -- somebody got kicked off or transferred recently

Jan 27, 2015, 3:57 PM

Don't remember who or where...might even have been basketball, but could certainly be a factor with all the talent we have already here. I figure we're going to lose either Bryant or Israel before it's all said and done---unless my prediction of moving Bryant to WR comes true.

Re: PT -- somebody got kicked off or transferred recently

Jan 27, 2015, 3:59 PM

wow, only coachmac would predict bryant to wideout. if he stays healthy he will be the next deshaun watson. but who am i to question the great one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2015, 5:43 PM

My thoughts exactly. Bryant will be the next coming of DW4. Idk where half of these pundits get their thought process.

Jan 27, 2015, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: PT -- somebody got kicked off or transferred recently ]

lol coach superstar is smarter than all of us deroberts just as him.

null

Watched him for 2 seasons. You are right - he is a great QB.***

Jan 27, 2015, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: PT -- somebody got kicked off or transferred recently ]

Jan 27, 2015, 4:02 PM

He qualified here at Clemson but our coaches pulled his scholarship to make room for Fields. Don't let the internet fool you. J qualified for us!

Jan 27, 2015, 4:03 PM

Anyway, good luck to you J!! Wish u could've been a Clemson Tiger either way goes you'll have a great career. See you in the 2020 draft!

Jan 27, 2015, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis ]

his scholarship was pulled becase of his behavior. plain and simple. we aint pulling ships of 4 stars to give it to another one. smh.

Jan 27, 2015, 4:07 PM

You don't know him personally, I do. We pulled his scholarship to make room for Fields, I was right beside J when he got the call.

Jan 27, 2015, 5:42 PM

Eye of the Tiger, I'm sorry if you're friends with him but his scholarship was not pulled for fields. If that was the case, he wouldn't be going to Memphis. I don't want to trash a kid on here, so I won't say everything I know about his situation. I'll just say this: he has power 5 conf talent and plenty of schools have scholarships available (Gamecocks for example). Not to mention, we were gonna take that other wr/ath (who's name escapes me) that came in the same weekend as fields until we found out his test score wasn't high enough

Jan 27, 2015, 6:12 PM

I know what situation you're talking about. Jae had nothing to do with what happenend that night, he was just a by-stander. If they pulled his scholarship because of that then that's wrong.

Jan 27, 2015, 6:21 PM

Sorry, but I can assure you it was pulled bc of that

Jan 27, 2015, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis ]

you are a pathetic chicken fan.

null

Jan 27, 2015, 7:32 PM

Just because I'm sticking up for a friend you call me a "pathetic chicken"??? I'm a future Clemson graduate God willing. Do something better with your time then calling men out their name for taking up for fiends and not agreeing with your opinion. I don't argue with you 40 year olds no more so have a good day.

Jan 27, 2015, 7:33 PM

And before you and your crew try to grammar check me I'll do it for you. Friends**

Jan 28, 2015, 7:19 AM

Yes, I tire of the grammar police. That is so lame.

Jan 27, 2015, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis ]

with your grasp of the English language you will get no where near a Clemson classroom #### lover.

null

Jan 27, 2015, 10:13 PM

You are pathetic. Stay behind that screen as long as you can

Jan 27, 2015, 11:09 PM

you are defending a chicken fan and with your history you are probably one yourself. Pathetic.

null

Jan 28, 2015, 12:07 AM

@ImissCJ don't worry he lives and breathe for verbal altercations on Tigernet. He never runs from a cyber web fight, it's his ultimatum to get on here and argue daily with different people on different topics. He's a die hard Clemson fan who calls other grown men #### lovers.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:18 AM

You're right. Don't mean to slam your boy if you take it this way, but I believe Fields will be more helpful than JO. Not that JO won't be good, but Fields was a must. What did JO have to say about it? Wish he was gonna be a Tiger, don't know the whole story, seemed like JO never knew if he wanted to play at Clemson for sure

Jan 28, 2015, 11:35 AM

No problem man. Jae is going to do great things at Memphis, I agree with you we're stacked at RB/WR Jae was most likely going to have to Rs here. I agree Fields was a more important need then Jae.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis ]

I'm defending that dude because he said he was close to JO, and everyone else is throwing out stuff ab him getting in trouble and throwing dirt on the kids name. There has never been anything to come out ab JO getting in trouble so why say it? I am a Clemson fan, through and through, and I understand the kind of program Dabo wants to run. But sometimes, winning and getting a more important player in the coaches eyes is all it comes down to, no matter what school it is.

My post history: I've stated my opinion, just like you. From what I've read ab pulse, you are a coot. I could not care less about a number beside my name that is determined by someone giving me a thumbs down when they don't like what I say. My pulse was at 40 when I started Bc I defended batson and didn't agree with ppl saying that the Hatch system was God's gift to strength and conditioning. That was right before the Chik fil A bowl, where we went down and bullied that team that had the coach who invented the hatch system.

In short, I feel like I know what I'm talking about. I don't comment on things that I don't. Learn something from that. Just Bc you're a fan and listen to the radio show doesn't make you an insider. I'm not just referring to you, there's a lot of guys on here who think they know what goes on behind the scenes Bc they are in IPTAY and buy orange clothes

This is pretty common on here eyeofthetiger

Jan 27, 2015, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis ]

The ones that claim to know the most, when they are called out are no where to be found. They are just fans, don't know players or coaches the only thing they care about is bragging to their friends when Clemson wins. But they have so much to do with the program in their mind, they make up things and reasons why someone isn't "good enough" to be at "their school"

Re: This is pretty common on here eyeofthetiger

Jan 27, 2015, 6:56 PM

yawn

null

Re: This is pretty common on here eyeofthetiger

Jan 27, 2015, 10:11 PM

Exactly. Will argue all day ab stuff you claim to know, but when someone vas you on your ########, crickets

Jan 28, 2015, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis ]

LET ME GUESS, YOU KNOW LUCAS GLOVER ALSO. YOU CAN BELIEVE WHAT YOU WISH.

Jan 28, 2015, 12:31 PM

No I only know the local guys that's playing for Clemson now because I played against them in HS, hang out with them etc.. I know most of the football team because I'm friends with them, they come to my apartment sometime, have classes with a few. It seems like it's a problem that I know these players? Why is it such a big deal to you and your 40 year old IPTAY member friends? Cannot voice facts over Yall opinions?

When did he get in trouble?

Jan 27, 2015, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis ]

Did I miss something? What kind of behavior are you talking about

Jan 27, 2015, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis ]

Nothing personal but I believe that's ridiculous.

Jan 27, 2015, 4:15 PM

I think there was nothing we could do. With the clean program we are attempting to operate we'll lose such talents from time to time. I don't know if it's behavior or what not so I don't wish to disrespect this young man.
Our staff would never do anything to harm their relationship with the Daniel coaching staff. We were definitely between a rock and a hard place with the recruit. Probably a BIG TIME talent.

Jan 27, 2015, 5:52 PM

Your post made no sense at all. If you don't know anything about it don't say anything

dhood reported jo gained nc2a clearance/qualified. now what?

Jan 27, 2015, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1430910&ref=recruiting

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he didn't qualify for admission to CLEMSON.

Jan 27, 2015, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis ]

Getting a minimum test score per NCAA standards is not the same as doing what is necessary to get into Clemson - even as an athlete. To suggest that he made the grades/scores to get in but had his scholarship offer revoked at the last minute is ridiculous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Way to go Jae'lon. Would've loved to see you in the

Jan 27, 2015, 4:09 PM

Paw, but I know things have a way of working out differently sometimes - part of the joy of life. Amazing work you've put in to reach this far and I'm sure just about every true Clemson fan will be pulling for you throughout your career and beyond.

Go tear it up!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2015, 6:21 PM

Man I wanted to see this kid play at Clemson. But wish him the best with those other Tigers

Wish him well. Time will tell if we missed out on this one.

Jan 27, 2015, 7:53 PM

Got to trust Dabo, and I do (except reporting on injuries).

Lol. Yeah, he is not exactly Dan Rather when

Jan 27, 2015, 8:19 PM

it comes to injury updates lately.

D@mn I wish we he would have stayed

Jan 27, 2015, 8:21 PM

n

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

A Tiger One Way Or Another... Huh?

Jan 28, 2015, 8:43 AM

Do your thing J. Oglesby

There is obviously more to him not coming

Jan 28, 2015, 8:48 AM

to Clemson than us not wanting him anymore. To suggest that we gave his spot to Fields seems crazy to me, just because I don't see Dabo doing that and he does come from a school that we lean on for talent. There is something else to why we don't want a hometown star anymore, doubt we'll ever hear why so everyone involved can save face.

dabo doesn't pull an offer from a committed kid

Jan 28, 2015, 9:08 AM

Without a legitimate reason. Especially not to give his scholarship to another kid! Our coach has a long track record of integrity with recruits and like I said earlier, there was a scholly available for a wide out even with fields committing. Denzel Johnson was the guy's name I couldn't think of before. Good luck to Oglesby, I hope he has an outstanding career, it just wasn't in the cards here. The staff really wanted him or he wouldn't have been a "sign and place" guy. It just ended up being more trouble than it was worth

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic