Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
we are all Tiger fans sooooooo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

we are all Tiger fans sooooooo

Sep 1, 2020, 9:11 PM

i'm curious if the folks that are so uptight about peaceful demonstrations, you that turn the channel when players kneel, or someone wearing a mask or whatever...what will you do if our Tigers protest during the season?

I hear it may be a possibility

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

NOBODY is uptight about peaceful demonstrations

Sep 1, 2020, 9:19 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NOBODY is uptight about peaceful demonstrations

Sep 1, 2020, 9:22 PM

haha yeah you don't sound uptight about it all

Sep 1, 2020, 9:25 PM

Sep 1, 2020, 10:02 PM

I'd recommend not getting uptight about anyone on this board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Sep 1, 2020, 10:20 PM [ in reply to NOBODY is uptight about peaceful demonstrations ]

you mean scrubs like TL?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 10:26 PM

Sep 1, 2020, 10:30 PM

you clearly don't know what ur talking about. TL is an adult, and makes his own decisions. Its shameful of you to pretend like he was coerced. Sorry you disagree but don't go making stuff up

Sep 1, 2020, 10:58 PM

Sep 1, 2020, 11:05 PM

What you are doing is starting with a narrative (that comforts you) and then taking events and making them fit that narrative. Unless you know TL and have had these conversations you are simply making #### up. How do you know he wouldn't have done exactly what he did? You dont!

and you did say "pushed into it" so yeah you did say coerced

Sep 1, 2020, 11:21 PM

Sep 1, 2020, 11:24 PM

yup took a lot to get to an answer without all the off the wall false narrative & opinions. but thx

Lulz. His tweet was the first one I saw. And pushed by whom???

Sep 1, 2020, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: NOBODY is uptight about peaceful demonstrations ]

null

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one uptight with kneeling???***

Sep 1, 2020, 10:38 PM [ in reply to NOBODY is uptight about peaceful demonstrations ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But will you still change the channel if someone wears an article of clothing

Sep 2, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to NOBODY is uptight about peaceful demonstrations ]

that triggers you, or is Clemson football different?

Re: we are all Tiger fans sooooooo

Sep 1, 2020, 9:21 PM

Shut up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re in a mood like me today lol***

Sep 1, 2020, 9:55 PM

You're a nucking fut.

Sep 1, 2020, 9:47 PM

You had me at 'We're all tiger fans,' then proceeded to expose your heart desire to mix the one pure opinion we share with the one thing that most divides us. It's evident that politics comes first with you and Clemson falls in there somewhere down the list.

It's disgraceful to dishonor Clemson University like that...and no, Clemson has never done anything to make me turn my eyes or heart away. Even when Danny was fired my heart continued declared resolve to honor my home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kneeling does not dishonor our university.***

Sep 1, 2020, 9:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Making it appear to be a choice between...

Sep 2, 2020, 12:05 AM

Clemson or politics does. I choose Clemson, #### trump, reagan and jfk. The OP asked me to weigh my affections for Clemson against the strengths of my political views. That is the most dastardly concept we've faced here. It is far and above anything else. If you don't see that, you are ignoring the obvious which is quite a feat.

Anyone who doesn't feel that way is a coot. I'll take 4 NCships over a trump win in Nov without further consideration.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Making it appear to be a choice between...

Sep 2, 2020, 8:23 AM

I always put Clemson before politics. I fly a Clemson flag outside my house and that's it.

But if our players choose to kneel, they are not dishonoring our university. Trying to draw an equivalence there is a stretch at best.

Your insistence that I make a statement regarding...

Sep 2, 2020, 12:27 PM

Clemson players' personal choice is nonsensical. I refuse to play this game, players come and go Clemson endures. The only way to win your game is not to play. I've dealt with emotional people before.

I will not play politics with Clemson. Anyone who does fails to respect Clemson. You are only going to put yourself in a position that you don't want to be in, eventually. I belong to Clemson, Clemson does not belong to me. I therefor respect and refuse to disrespect.

If you twist any of what I've said in this thread into some political statement your eccentricity from the truth has you twisted, not me.

Hold on...

Sep 2, 2020, 1:27 PM

What?

I didn't insist you do anything or make any statement. All I'm saying is that if a player chooses to kneel and express himself, he's not dishonoring our school. Period. Anyone who claims that is wrong and is straw manning just to denounce the message.

I'm pretty sure you didn't intend your post to me. Please clarify.

Re: You're a nucking fut.

Sep 1, 2020, 9:57 PM [ in reply to You're a nucking fut. ]

88 what you say I'd pure BS. My blood runs orange thru and thru. I was born, & raised right there. Both parents worked on campus....I literally grew up on campus, went to college there, was an athlete there. So no matter what you say, I am a Clemson fan period

the question was for those people that would put their views over the Uni or any sport. I am a fan if they protest, and a fan if they dont. dont get it twisted

You're a coot.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:07 AM

Only a coot would mix politics with Clemson Football. That's like putting a bloody tampon in a bowl of grandma's vegetable soup.

Re: You're a coot.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:11 AM

OMG call me a Coot lol. what a little man you are

perhaps you should take a peek at KJ Henry's latest presser, I suppose he is a coot too... the whole team including Dabo demonstrated. Guess they are all coots. whatev

I made no such disrespectful statement.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:29 PM

Your mind is blended with delusion.

I'll support our players...

Sep 1, 2020, 9:50 PM

No matter what their opinions or political viewpoints. Pro Trump, anti Trump, Republican, Democrat, BLM, ALM, whatever.

That's what adults do. I'll cheer for them regardless and respect their rights to their opinions.

What if John Rocker played for us?***

Sep 1, 2020, 9:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, what position would he play?

Sep 1, 2020, 9:56 PM

Even on a Bowden team, he'd probably just model new uniforms. Or maybe steal carries from Reggie on that last drive against SC in 2006.

On a Bowden team? Prob Ben Hall's position.

Sep 1, 2020, 9:57 PM

Of course I mean "on the bench".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If John Rocker were on a Tommy West team...

Sep 1, 2020, 10:01 PM

How many shots would he take at TTT the night before a big game?

You'd lose your...

Sep 1, 2020, 11:04 PM [ in reply to I'll support our players... ]

Yea, same with Biden hats.***

Sep 1, 2020, 11:36 PM

Re: You'd lose your...

Sep 1, 2020, 11:50 PM [ in reply to You'd lose your... ]

I have seen many athletes wearing MAGA hats...didn't give it 1 thought, did/do not care

During a game or just on their own?

Sep 1, 2020, 11:51 PM

Re: During a game or just on their own?

Sep 2, 2020, 12:15 AM

coming out to their event, and immediately after in their interviews. I actually still was rooting for the guy to win haha
again I never even gave it much thought. People can have their opinions even athletes

Sep 2, 2020, 12:27 AM

Sep 2, 2020, 12:34 AM

google Colby Covington... theres been lots more, but he came to mind right off the top of my head

Sep 2, 2020, 12:49 AM [ in reply to Re: During a game or just on their own? ]

I get that you are tired of it. However protests are meant to make some uncomfortable in hope of change. So far there really has not been any change, many actually don't even admit theres any problem, others making every excuse in the world why what is happening is happening, and others making out that the victims deserved it somehow. Its not gonna go away coz you have had enough of it.

Furthermore athletes should be able to show their beliefs... I hear it all the time about how Dabo talks about his Christianity. How it's part of him and he should be able to express it. I personally don't care for it, and I am not a believer (at all) but I would fight for his right to express himself and his beliefs, if he feels like it

Sep 2, 2020, 1:03 AM

Sep 2, 2020, 1:13 AM

i've explained this several times. It's not about a specific incident. The protests are NOT about GF or any other specific case. It's about the system, that allows that to happen. Many of these cops have 0 happen to them until its splashed all over the media, but nothing really happens til another cop "chokes" then it happens all over again....mean folks talk about some low % of bad apples, til the next one and. cycle goes on. I believe theres very very few "bad apples" on the force, but anyone can do bad at any moment. Police operate in a system that they have protected and there seems to be many that are starting to see that more and more.

Sep 2, 2020, 1:25 AM

Sep 2, 2020, 2:01 AM

sigh! there has been very specific policies many have called for, and been shot down or watered down at best. These things include ending qualified immunity for police, keeping records of cops with bad conduct that bounce around from 1 location to the next. Deescalation should be more than escalation and use of force ....def before deadly force. Holding cops accountable for their actions, to name just a few. Many (R) politicians, and unions are dead set against most of these things
generally changing the own the streets to more community policing.

These things have been discussed over and over, so when things things start to happen thats when we know change is happening.

As I type this message. the Cop that shot Mr Blake 7 times in the back who was fleeing should be arrested and charged, but have not been yet...

Sep 2, 2020, 11:06 AM

Not at all.

Sep 2, 2020, 8:24 AM [ in reply to You'd lose your... ]

They can support any #### candidate they want. They're grown men. And if our coaches say that's fine for them to do it, so be it. Certainly won't change how I cheer for them.

Re: we are all Tiger fans sooooooo

Sep 1, 2020, 10:05 PM

never have understood the kneel, why not hold your head up high

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since I got Iptayed out of seats

Sep 2, 2020, 8:45 AM

I guess I’ll go with politics

MAGA 2020

depends on what you mean by "protest"

Sep 2, 2020, 9:08 AM

A. are we talking peaceful march? canceling a practice? I can't stand the national anthem kneeling, but they have a right to, so to each their own.

OR

B. Burning down Tiger Town Tavern? Throwing bricks through the windows of Clemson businesses? Bricking cops?

the definition of "PROTEST" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

So, back to your question What will "you" do if our Tigers protest?

if it's "A" I'll just be waiting anxiously to watch them run down the hill again

if it's "B" I'll wish prison time for all those who participated

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic