Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ex-USC Player: Painkiller Injections Caused Heart Attack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Ex-USC Player: Painkiller Injections Caused Heart Attack

Jan 3, 2013, 11:49 AM

By MEGAN CHUCHMACH (@megcourtney) and BRIAN ROSS (@brianross)
Jan. 3, 2013
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/risks-college-football-powerful-painkiller/story?id=18114915

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ex-USC Player: Painkiller Injections Caused Heart Attack

Jan 3, 2013, 11:52 AM

Winning at all/any cost

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2013, 11:57 AM

disappointing to see we are one of the schools who use it but as you said

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'declined to comment' & 'did not respond' don't = 'No'

Jan 3, 2013, 12:04 PM

If everyone had willingly answered the question, surely there would have been more 'Yes' answers. Even so, I bet we stop using it real soon since this report is now out. It seems like a weird practice to me anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2013, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Ex-USC Player: Painkiller Injections Caused Heart Attack ]

I've been concerned about our medical staff ever since the complete misdiagnosis of Korn's shoulder injury. When they finally operated on his shoulder, they found that there were three things wrong, not just one.

Toradol is just a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug. It

Jan 3, 2013, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Ex-USC Player: Painkiller Injections Caused Heart Attack ]

Is basically like Ibuprofen x 10. It does not make you feel Super Human or "not feel anything". Thats is all about a lawsuit, he was probably on some self inflicted stimulate that caused his heart attack. But, he can't bring forethe a lawsuit for that.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um, did you read the whole article?

Jan 3, 2013, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Ex-USC Player: Painkiller Injections Caused Heart Attack ]

We are apparently administring that drug to players currently, and we need to stop.

No, we don't need to stop.

Jan 3, 2013, 12:13 PM

We need to make sure the players are making an informed decision on whether or not they want "the shot". These young men are capable of making decisions of this nature on their own, they just need to know all the facts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic