Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad experience at Carter Finley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Bad experience at Carter Finley

Nov 4, 2017, 11:27 PM

I live in the Raleigh area and always go see the Tigers when they are in town. We usually experience some sort of heckling and foul mouth behavior but today was terrible. After the first Tiger interception, my 11 year old son was celebrating and was given the bird by a 50 plus year old State fan. I told him I hope he feels better giving a kid the finger, he would never turn around.

After the game, my oldest son who's on crutches due to a knee injury, was approached by a group of State students that said they were going to push him down. He had gone to use the restroom and I was not with him at the time.
While waiting for the shuttle, both of my sons were sitting on a curb and I was holding our spot in line. My boys said that a couple of middle aged drunk State fans walked by, said Clemson sucks, and one of them preceded to spit on them.

I have several State friends and co-workers who are really good people. I had a great conversation with an older State fan today while tailgating. I am starting to think that there coaches personality is rubbing off on their fan base.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bad experience at Carter Finley

Nov 4, 2017, 11:30 PM

Sorry that you went through that... sounds like the personality of the coach (and past coaches) has rubbed off on to them.

Nov 4, 2017, 11:33 PM

Started with Monty Kiffin! #### Sheridan and Mike O'Cain were exceptions!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2017, 11:35 PM

Richard Sheridan. LOL

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2017, 11:48 PM

Yeah "Richard" was a good coach. I often wonder what he would have accomplished had he stayed there.

Nov 5, 2017, 6:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Bad experience at Carter Finley ]

Duck Sheridan always ran a clean program. He is like Dabo in that he has other teams scouted real well and game planned. He was a very detailed guy when he coached us to a state championship.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bad experience at Carter Finley- I really hope the conf

takes actions on what they did to the refs. It is obivous NCST to tolerates and enables this junk and it needs to stop

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2017, 11:34 PM

Had a few run ins with state fans after the game as well, although we tailgates with several state fans and they were very gracious, though the did cry a little about the officiating. I was actually waiting for someone to start something right after the game, but they didn't. Sorry you had to go through that mess. State fans, players and coaches are low life's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2017, 11:43 PM

The hard part was explaining to my 11 year old what the one finger salute means. He just turned 11 last week so he's still a young'un.

Nov 4, 2017, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad experience at Carter Finley- I really hope the conf ]

What is the conference going to do? I guess they could fine them but that isn’t going to do anything. Thier fans have been scum for a long time. The conference nor school has nor will do anything to stop it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they have been that way as long as I can remember.***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Nov 4, 2017, 11:35 PM

That’s what happens when cousins marry.

Nov 4, 2017, 11:36 PM

I worked for a boss in Charlotte that was a NCSU fan. He sucked. Worst boss I ever had. I'm tempted to email him and let him know what sorry losers they are. I'm retired, so I don't give a chit how he tries to screw me over, like I'm sure he tried to do years ago when I left there. I'm pretty sure he sabotaged several jobs that I applied for and interviewed for before I refused to tell him where I was interviewing and got that job. What a total azzhat he was. I've always despised him.

do it***

Nov 4, 2017, 11:37 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Bad experience at Carter Finley ]

In regards to your last statement: I could tell...

Kick his @$$, sea bass***

Nov 5, 2017, 5:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Bad experience at Carter Finley ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 4, 2017, 11:38 PM

I hate you had a bad time. But if you live there how can you not know what inbred buffoons you're dealing with

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2017, 11:42 PM

I agree. E-mail your ex-boss. Inform the State fans are obnoxious as he is and be sure to tell him you are doing fine and enjoying retirement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2017, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad experience at Carter Finley ]

The State fans I know are good folks and most say they pull for Clemson in other ACC games and post season.

Nov 4, 2017, 11:49 PM

Well, drunk trailer trash will be drunk trailer trash.

They are FSU without the history.

Nov 5, 2017, 12:37 AM

Don’t be surprised.

Impotence has certain side effects.

Nov 5, 2017, 12:43 AM

A few side effects are mental anguish, frustration and anger at the condition which is usually directed to those nearby when failure to get the erect happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State fans have stepped in where Maryland left open

Nov 5, 2017, 12:49 AM

They want SO bad to be good, and their envy of Programs like Clemson Football and UNC Basketball kills them. They become the whiniest bunch of babies ever when they don't win.

F'em!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That place is a ########

Nov 5, 2017, 12:53 AM

They’re just mad about being UNC and Duke’s little triangle bro. Love beating them!

Message was edited by: TigersRoarMayEcho®

Nov 5, 2017, 1:09 AM

What you experienced is actually pretty typical of my experience there in Raleigh. My own experiences were they were the second-worst fan base in the ACC (behind only maybe Maryland, who prided themselves on being "the most classless fan base on the planet" - their own words). And obviously Maryland is the B1G's problem now.

Had several really bad trips up there in Raleigh, back in the Amato years. Got a tire slashed and a rearview mirror knocked off my car, besides the usual cussing and surliness and Loudmouth Derp BS. Now that they're halfway competitive again it sounds like the old guard might well be back in force.

I live in the Raleigh area.

Nov 5, 2017, 5:45 AM

I will travel just about anywhere in the world to see the Tigers play...but not Raleigh. Not worth it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad experience at Carter Finley ]

AD Kay Yow was at Maryland before Nancy st. I believe she hired Doeren. Sounds about right.

Nov 5, 2017, 1:11 AM

I too live in Raleigh now and my daughter came to me crying while I had her standing with some friends for me to go pee..she wanted to practice school cheers so put her drink down and said after she sat her drink down and was cheering like a typical 9 yr old girl does and she likes to collect the cups from every stadium we visit each year and a state fan slapped it out the seats and said she didn't deserve it ...I was fired up by the time I found out but of course people were gone and no one seen anything ...garbage fans man for sure

Nov 5, 2017, 2:32 AM

That's been going on for decades at State. I won't go back. Last straw for me was 2011.

Nov 5, 2017, 5:05 AM

It's been that way since '82 at least.... My first trip there. I saw full cans of beer thrown at Clemson fans, cars vandalized, etc.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lived in Raleigh for a while and every experience I had at

Nov 5, 2017, 5:39 AM

carter finley was HORRIBLE.

Will NEVER go back to that stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're just as bad on the rare occasion that they win.

Nov 5, 2017, 6:40 AM

2011 was our last year going there even though we lived in Raleigh. Classless fan base.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: They're just as bad on the rare occasion that they win.

Nov 5, 2017, 6:57 PM

We had gone several years and no problems. Until 2011, I won't go back.

sounds par for the course

Nov 5, 2017, 6:40 AM

but I’ll tell you one thing...if anyone were to ever spit on my kids they’d be bailing my ### out of jail.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 7:56 PM

Wasn't it a while back that the students were peeing in the fans in the lower decks?

dang, i regret not going now...I like fighting a lil fire

Nov 6, 2017, 1:26 AM

with more fire.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic