Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
dabo said next year we get around 12-14...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

dabo said next year we get around 12-14...

Feb 6, 2013, 12:37 PM

how do we end up like that.yet some schools sign around 25 each year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: dabo said next year we get around 12-14...

Feb 6, 2013, 12:42 PM

You actually get in trouble for over signing in the ACC. Not so in do whatever you want conference.

Feb 6, 2013, 12:50 PM

We will sign 16-18 guarantee it. Mainly because we will have at least 1 or 2 transfers or other reasons we lose someone. Like mentioned above the ACC frowns on over signing like the SEC does.

I find it a dirty business as well because to over sign means you are cutting someone else's scolly. Clemson has competed and hasn't had to over sign. Recruiting the last few years has really been great at grabbing the positions we really needed and getting the best bang for the buck.

We are bringing in STUDS. Just look at the Defensive class we are recruiting this year. We have something like 8 DB's committed with really great natural talent. Everyone will focus on how great we recruited on defense but we also got some great weapons on Offense as well!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2013, 12:43 PM

We dont lose as many players due to arrest warrants each year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Well neither do they

Feb 6, 2013, 1:00 PM

Getting arrested doesn't get you kicked off the team in the SEC...unless the backup can play better than you

Feb 6, 2013, 12:54 PM

He says that now but it will change like it always does. Like said above we will end up with 18 or more recruits next year.

good point.between now and then..

Feb 6, 2013, 12:58 PM

im sure we may have one who gets kicked for doing something stupid or just flat out transfers

well the SEC fires about 10 of their kids every year***

Feb 6, 2013, 12:59 PM

Re: well the SEC fires about 10 of their kids every year***

Feb 6, 2013, 1:03 PM

Please name the 10 kids that South Carolina or any other team in the SEC fired last year or in 2011 or 2010.

I await your list and answer.

It is WELL documented that Bama and LSU lose...

Feb 6, 2013, 1:45 PM

about a dozen each year to transfer, grades and other attrition. I don't think SEC schools place nearly as much focus on kids getting their degrees as Dabo does. If you look at Bama you'll see a lot of their guys transfer down to obscure smaller schools in the region. I really think Saban and Miles "cull" every year. I'd envision that they set the lower performers down and tell them they are not likely ever going to play and advise transfer, a forced transfer if you will. As unsavory as it may be, it is obviously a highly successful tactic that works...at least in the win loss column.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic