Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson stays in Top 4 of CFB Playoff Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson stays in Top 4 of CFB Playoff Rankings

Nov 22, 2016, 7:20 PM

Clemson stays in Top 4 of CFB Playoff Rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson stays in Top 4 of CFB Playoff Rankings

Nov 22, 2016, 7:34 PM

I can't believe I'm about to say this but I'm finding myself agreeing with Joey Galloway tonight.

Love to see that purple and orange SC highway sign!!!!!***

Nov 22, 2016, 7:53 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How in the heck? both Ohio S. and Mich. had terrible games

Nov 22, 2016, 7:54 PM

OSU was lucky to beat a bad MSU team and same with Mich!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and we weren't lucky to beat nc state?***

Nov 22, 2016, 8:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but I believe we dropped in the polls after that.

Nov 22, 2016, 8:19 PM

Why shouldn't OSU or Michigan?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

We did not because the rankings hadn't been released

Nov 23, 2016, 10:52 AM

yet. Polls =/= playoff rankings.

Big difference! as that was several games ago!***

Nov 22, 2016, 11:15 PM [ in reply to and we weren't lucky to beat nc state?*** ]

It's no different at all.***

Nov 23, 2016, 10:52 AM

Re: How in the heck? both Ohio S. and Mich. had terrible games

Nov 22, 2016, 8:59 PM [ in reply to How in the heck? both Ohio S. and Mich. had terrible games ]

Louisville lost badly ... that was our best win...we go down. Wisconsin, PennSt, Colorado won so Michigan went up...
I would rather play Alabama in Atlanta in 1st game. But I expect that Michigan or OhioSt will lose Sat and drop below us. If Washington wins out, they might pass us. If Washington does not pass us, then Oklahoma may wind up #4 if they win out.

Re: How in the heck? both Ohio S. and Mich. had terrible games

Nov 22, 2016, 10:55 PM

The Wolverine's or OSU will lose Saturday, and there isn't a way out of it... A Clemson man I am, and I believe that Clemson is the better team out of Mich, or OSU. We play down to our weaker competition, and we play up to the better competition!!! Personally I believe that if we are matched up to either of the two, Clemson wins!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is winning by 10 terrible?***

Nov 23, 2016, 2:15 AM [ in reply to How in the heck? both Ohio S. and Mich. had terrible games ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did not look good against Indiana instead of "terrible" then***

Nov 23, 2016, 7:57 AM

Yeah, but we've certainly had our share of those.

Nov 23, 2016, 10:53 AM

NC State, Troy, etc

neither did we a half a dozen times, and we weren't missing

Nov 24, 2016, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Did not look good against Indiana instead of "terrible" then*** ]

our QB

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cuz we didn't beat WF by 8224 points***

Nov 23, 2016, 8:16 AM [ in reply to How in the heck? both Ohio S. and Mich. had terrible games ]

Does anyone else think the Big 10 is getting too much love?

Nov 22, 2016, 7:54 PM

Just sayin'

Si***

Nov 22, 2016, 8:20 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Does anyone else think the Big 10 is getting too much love?

Nov 22, 2016, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Does anyone else think the Big 10 is getting too much love? ]

They often do... remember the year that OhioSt and Michigan were #1 & #2 and Michigan lost went to Rose, OhioSt won went to BCS and got blown out by a 2 loss LSU or was it UF?
Did Michigan lose their bowl game?

OhioSt now has speed that they did not have but this year they do not have the depth they had last year.

ESPN is working hard to build up their game for tv ratings!***

Nov 22, 2016, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Does anyone else think the Big 10 is getting too much love? ]

Just take care of business next 2 games ... forget the rest.

Nov 22, 2016, 8:22 PM

Either Michigan or Ohio St, will eliminate the other and the loser is out.

We will move up.

Then we'll have our shot at proving we're better than the Michigan/Ohio St winner, and if we are, we'll be back in the big game with a chance at redemption against Bama.

Just take care of business the next two games and everything else will take care of itself.

Re: Just take care of business next 2 games ... forget the rest.

Nov 22, 2016, 10:58 PM

That's the way I see it!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. How can we see it any other way?

Nov 23, 2016, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Just take care of business next 2 games ... forget the rest. ]

Ask UL if that's the way you should see it.

If Clemson would stop playing the pity respect card...

Nov 22, 2016, 8:40 PM

When we play teams and start taking the pedal off people think we barely won. It was so obvious last game even the announcers were saying Clemson has taken the foot off the pedal alot. We do it every game we play. We get conservative and sit on a lead only to allow the opponent to slowly catch up or believe they can. It's time for Clemson to keep the play calling tempo when they are up and stay creative offensively. That said Clemson should be at #3 this week. Total lack of respect and definitely some bias toward the big10. They will get destroyed in the playoffs like they have every year. Go tigers! Win out control your own destiny

Uh, OSU actually won the national championship two years ago

Nov 22, 2016, 8:52 PM

So, you can't really say that.

three years ago Tigers beat OSU! so you can't really say

Nov 22, 2016, 11:18 PM

THAT!

Re: If Clemson would stop playing the pity respect card...

Nov 22, 2016, 11:01 PM [ in reply to If Clemson would stop playing the pity respect card... ]

They were also saying that we were hosed by the refs in the Pitt game, and we all saw that was the actual truth!!!!

The playoff committee will treat a 35-13 win at Wake

Nov 23, 2016, 10:55 AM [ in reply to If Clemson would stop playing the pity respect card... ]

Forest the same as a 56-13 win at Wake Forest. They essentially put a cap on margin of victory because they do not want to promote running up the score. They only care whether or not you had control of the game, and we very clearly did.

I want to stay

Nov 22, 2016, 8:47 PM

#4! Let's play in Atlanta, keep our boys fresh, and bring our crowd for 1/2 cents on the dollar!

Re: I want to stay

Nov 22, 2016, 9:06 PM

Play Alabama with fresh legs and fewer injuries in Atlanta.

Nov 22, 2016, 9:33 PM

I would love to stay at 4 and get Alabama in Atlanta . They're not as good a team as they were last year in my opinion ...and Jalen Hurts throws a high , arcing ball that hangs up a lot .
Their defense is stout , no doubt ...but that is DW4 in our QB position . I think we'd beat them and walk on to Tampa as the favorite .
Rolls are reversed as far as rankings this year .
Gimme the Tide in Atlanta !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 22, 2016, 11:40 PM

Question for the experts. As most agree we play up or down to the oponents level. Is there any concern that we play down to the coots this weekend? Last year was way to close for comfort.

My thoughts.... But definitly not an expert.

Nov 23, 2016, 6:29 AM

We take our foot off the pedal to save the players for the marathon. You got your sprinters like louserville and Houston that keep the pedal down to move up and prove something but in the long run the wear and tear gets to them. Our staff always looking at the bigger prize.

That said, I do believe our plyers have that human nature to ease up when out ahead and probably drives our coaches crazy. And getting young players to play assignment football is always a challenge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ESPN love affair is with USC Trojans

Nov 23, 2016, 6:16 AM

I've been saying this. There is some SEC bias, but they are beside themselves falling all over Southern Cal and have been for years. During the ESPN Top 25 show, they spent way more time talking about USC than any other team.

Oklahoma & USC...

Nov 23, 2016, 9:27 AM

Are the new darlings of the ESPN College Football crew. They seem to try to figure out more ways for them to get in than discuss just how locked up the CFP is right now. I know it's for ratings and to give them something to talk about, but the Big 12 and the PAC 12 have historically terrible defenses and they (the commentators) seem to skate over that fact and get lost in the points and stats.

Well you already mentioned the reason. They aren't talking

Nov 23, 2016, 12:20 PM

about the top 4 being locked up because it's boring and everyone is already familiar with that angle. I don't think many people are seriously lobbying for either USC or OU right now. It's mostly "what if" stuff to give them something to talk about.

For the record though, i can buy USC as the 5th best team in CFB right now. I would take them over Wisconsin, Penn State, OU, Louisville, etc and they've already beaten Washington and Colorado.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic