Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2019 ACC Outlook
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

2019 ACC Outlook

Jan 9, 2019, 8:33 AM

Is the rest of the league going to suck again? In ESPN's early Top 25, the only two ACC teams listed are us and Cuse. I'm not a conference homer, but I would like us to play some good teams, and that means a good conference is a plus. I don't know that anybody else is really looking that good. FSU looks a long way off still. The U doesn't know who they are. Va Tech is... who knows what. Maybe UVa could be on the ups?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we'll face either UVA or VT

Jan 9, 2019, 8:43 AM

VT had a terrible season but they are still the most talented Coastal team that's not called miami. I don't see miami getting their act together and there's no way Mack Brown can turn UNC around in 1 year

could be, it also may just be a jumbled up mess again

Jan 9, 2019, 8:52 AM

with who knows 7-5 or 8-4 team coming out the hopper.

At Syracuse is a little concerning, not sure what else is of concern in league. I can't imagine FSU at home being an issue, they may have it turned around by 2020 when we go there. I have more faith in them as a program than Miami, but FSU needs to dump that coach. They are a coach away from being a power, whereas Miami has structural issues. Fundamentally Miami is a small private school with little fan support. FSU fundamentally is the other "SEC Like" school in the ACC along with us.

Re: 2019 ACC Outlook

Jan 9, 2019, 8:44 AM

This wasn’t the ACC’s best year, but it did ok in bowl season. No other P5 conference distinguished itself either.

ACC: 6-5
Big 10: 5-4
Big 12: 4-3
PAC 12: 3-4
SEC: 6-6

I thought Fuente was a good hire at VT, but I’m starting to doubt that now. Perhaps next year will be his year to make progress. Maybe the Wahoos take another step forward next year. If Miami can get better on offense with Diaz’s new hires, they will be better. Mack Brown being bad UNCheat is a wild card. Who knows.

Re: 2019 ACC Outlook

Jan 9, 2019, 9:19 AM

I think it's hard to judge Fuente after this season because he lost his starting QB for the season in a loss to ODU. Sure that loss was terrible but unless you are truly blessed with a backup QB like Chase Brice that injury would spell disaster for a lot of teams.

I think Bud Foster may have lost his touch

Jan 9, 2019, 9:27 AM

ODU gashed the heck out of them, as did many teams.

Yelling and screaming ain't getting it done.

At Cuse is a little concerning simply because of the success

Jan 9, 2019, 9:34 AM

they've had against us the last two years. Nothing else looks even remotely scary at the moment. There's always the chance that NC State plays out of their minds against us in Raleigh because they tend to do that to somebody once a year, but that's really about it. FSU is at home and still has a long ways to go to close the gap on us, BC is at home, Louisville is very much not ready for prime time, and UNC is going to be coached by Mack Brown.

Not to be overly presumptuous, but it looks like the biggest questions will be whether we are 11-1 or 12-0 going into the ACCCG, and, if we do have 1 loss, whether or not it could potentially cost us a playoff spot.

Re: At Cuse is a little concerning simply because of the success

Jan 9, 2019, 9:58 AM

The ACC will rebound, but new staffs at multiple schools means a down year. The game which should concern us is TAMU. That is one we could lose if the revamped defense is not ready.

Despite recruiting and player development, this is a rebuilding year defensively and CVB and staff have their work cut out ahead.

Go Tigers!

I prefer to focus on us. BV will have the defense playing

Jan 9, 2019, 9:44 AM

well by midseason, although we could struggle early with a lot of new (albeit talented) pieces. We may have to rely of the offense to win a couple of Big 12 type games. As long as we win, it really does not matter what the rest of the league does. The pundits know we are for real, all they have to do is remind themselves of Monday night. That was no touchdown with one second left win, it was an a$$ whuppin' of biblical proportions, when it comes to Alabama. The same type of win that has been getting SEC teams unfair high rankings for years now. We are on the flip side of that coin now, and the same will work for us down the road.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without knowing too much, here’s how I see the ACC....

Jan 9, 2019, 10:30 AM

Atlantic....

- Syracuse is trending up....but the question (like most teams) will be how they have developed depth, etc. and are the new guys ready. But I would say they are trending up.

- BC is trending up...it seems like they have QB or RB injury issues every year that hold them back, but they are moving in the right direction.

- Wake is trending up (for Wake)....inconsistent, yet they are giving others fits offensively.

- NCSU is spinning wheels....more talent overall perhaps, but Finley is gone now and they just got a reality check in the bowl game.

- FSU is still trending down until further notice.

- Louisville can’t possibly trend down further, but they might.

Coastal:

- UVA is trending up...assuming they have recruited better to add depth...they had a couple of defensive injuries that changed their whole season late, but they are poised to take the Coastal.

- VT took a dip this season, but I’d say they are spinning wheels until further notice.

- Duke is hard to read...lose a NFL QB, but program overall is up historically....however in reference to rest of the league they are spinning wheels.

- GT is trending down until further notice. System overhaul takes time.

- Miami is unknown....my guess is that they are spinning wheels or trending down.

- Pitt probably can trend up by not scheduling the whole top 10 next season, but they may get some mileage out of winning the Coastal.

- unc is trending down until further notice....I think Fedora was better than they gave him credit for...as he had to pay the price for their academic mess.

But overall, I could see a BC or UVA in the top 25 along with Cuse....but beyond that I don’t see it. Maybe Miami does something surprising.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic