Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowl Eligibility
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Bowl Eligibility

Nov 13, 2018, 2:21 PM

Been looking at who’s done what so far.

ACC - 8 bowl eligible teams, 2 of them are 6-4, 6 ACC teams have played 5 road games

SEC - 9 bowl eligible teams, 3 of them are 6-4, Vandy is the ONLY SEC team that has played 5 road games.

BIG10 - 7 bowl eligible teams, 4 of them are 6-4, didn’t look up the road games.

Big12 - 4 bowl eligible teams, one of them heard a rumor about something called “defense”........once........a long, long, time ago.

PAC12 - uhhhhhh, who cares??? Rhetorical, I know nobody cares.

Are we really sure that the ACC is down, or is that just the narrative that fits wth ESECPN’s 5 billion dollar investment in the SEC?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowl Eligibility

Nov 13, 2018, 2:32 PM

It might have been a road game but when VT drops to a Bottom10 ODU, yeah the conference is down.

Also Pitt. They lost to everybody but their division rivals. Miami is losing to everyone. FSU can't keep folks under 30. BC laid an egg to Purdue. And only this weekend will we find out is 'Cuse is any good. And the only team with a decent OOC win is Duke and well... they are Duke.

That said, everything else across the county is down. See B10 West. See P12, see Big12 not being OU and WVU. We might have 6-6 divisional champs across the country.

Nov 13, 2018, 2:34 PM

And we have 6-4 teams RANKED in the top 25. ACC is down but so is anyone else not in the top spot of the conference.

Nov 13, 2018, 2:34 PM

Looked it up.

Nobody in the Big10 has played 5 road games.
Only Baylor & Kansas in the Big12 have played 5 road games.

I think it's fair to say the ACC is down. When you have

Nov 13, 2018, 2:45 PM

teams like FSU, Miami and VT all have a crappy year, it doesn't help your argument. Louisville has been decent lately, but they're an absolute doormat this year. NCSU is not a good team, they just gained a ranking off of poor competition. Syracuse and BC are good, I guess. Is Pitt good? They're probably going to win the coastal even though they've lost 4 games. And if Pitt somehow manages to not win the Coastal, then UVA will win it even though they've lost 3 games.

It doesn't take away from what Clemson has done this year. We just happen to be one of, if not the best team in the country playing in a down conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I think it's fair to say the ACC is down, but...

Nov 13, 2018, 3:04 PM

I also think it's fair to say that E$ecPN continues to protect and over-hype its investment.

Outside of Alabama and possibly Georgia, no one is particularly impressed with the $-EZ.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm pretty sure

Nov 13, 2018, 3:15 PM

UVA (7-3) beaten by very mediocre Indiana
Miami (5-5) Waxed by LSU
Pitt (6-4) crushed by Penn State and UCF
NC State - ah never mind, they played no one OOC after the WVU game was cancled
BC (7-3) Pummeled by Purdue
FSU crushed by everyone except Louisville
Syracuse - played no one, so beat no one - and don't you dare win this weekend, I want ND in Miami

on the other side
Clemson - we are durn good
Duke - beat Northwestern

So there's that

in fairness purdue also rolled ohio state***

Nov 13, 2018, 4:58 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In fairneses Eastern Michigan beat Purdue

Nov 13, 2018, 8:02 PM

But point for you anyway, because of the transitive value of the win and the loss

coots ain't gonna like this, it screws up their narrative.***

Nov 13, 2018, 3:46 PM

It's OK...so does their lousy team***

Nov 13, 2018, 4:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 13, 2018, 3:47 PM

There's no way to spin it in a way to suggest that the ACC isn't down this year. Regardless of what may be happening in other conferences, the ACC is having it's worst year in recent memory. Outside of Clemson, there is no other really good team like there normally is. Typically at least a couple teams out of FSU, Miami and VT are also good teams in addition to us. When Syracuse is the 2nd best team in the ACC it's pretty clear that the conference is down.

Also, isn't ESPN also investing a ton of money in the ACC network that is set to launch next year? If ESPN was only hyping teams based on their financial investment then it would expected that they would be hyping the ACC as well in order to prop up the conference prior to the network launch.

The real reason behind the ESPN talking about the SEC is very simple. Like it or not, the SEC has historically been the most dominant conference and it's teams have the most fans. This is evident from both the size of the stadiums and the ratings for their games compared to other conferences. ESPN caters to viewers and they hype up the games that will attract the most viewers. It's really that simple.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC is definitely down, but so is the rest of the country

Nov 13, 2018, 4:53 PM

because of snowflakes.

Ask Mike Gundy.

Nov 13, 2018, 9:01 PM

Conference strength goes in cycles!
Plenty of other conferences have embarassing losses through the years; not just the ACC!

I remember what two years ago the same conference going 9-3 during bowl season! Not bad for a so called basketball conference!

I think during this bowl season we will win a few most people will swear to the grave the ACC couldn't win.

As a proud Clemson fan; I support the Tigers no matter what. But, be better to be the king of a bunch of somebody's than to be the king of a bunch of nobody's any day! Individual match ups and the time of year the games were played all have a part in that narrative being negative i.m.o. Virginia would be ranked at 7-3 if it were in the SEC or Big 10. NC State did avoid WVA b/c of the hurricane but despite only having 9 games so far are already bowl eligible! Not a bad team and will likely be ranked by the end of the year as they are favored the rest of their schedule. Yes, they have shown they can lose those. BC and Syracuse will both likely end the year ranked! Pitt assuming they win out will be ranked by the time we play them in Charlotte!

Not as bad as it seems by a long shot; just wait for the final poll and I'll be able to prove what I'm saying!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic