Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

FB Update: Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term

Nov 17, 2014, 11:48 AM

Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey David! Follow up question....

Nov 17, 2014, 11:50 AM

If you're preparing like he isn't playing, then who are you preparing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey David! Follow up question....

Nov 17, 2014, 11:51 AM

Cole seems to the likely guy. He said Nick is a viable option, but if you read between the lines....

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another Follow Up question

Nov 17, 2014, 11:53 AM

Why are 70% of your throws behind the line of scrimmage? Do you not realize D's have figured this out?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey David! Follow up question.... ]

David,

Did they mention what grade his LCL sprain is? I would guess the rehab would give him a slim opportunity to play against SCAR.

Would your guess be if he does play, he will play with a brace around that Knee?

I know it's a dumb question, but after Saturday....

Nov 17, 2014, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey David! Follow up question.... ]

It's not quite as dumb. Cole seems to have lost all confidence.

I don't know about him, but the criticism would drive me to succeed...but I know its a lot of pressure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying if we criticize your posts

Nov 17, 2014, 11:59 AM

they'll eventually get better?

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: So you're saying if we criticize your posts

Nov 17, 2014, 12:14 PM

No bob, this is what he said:

It's not quite as dumb. Cole seems to have lost all confidence.

I don't know about him, but the criticism would drive me to succeed...but I know its a lot of pressure.

BEWM!***

Nov 17, 2014, 8:33 PM [ in reply to So you're saying if we criticize your posts ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: So you're saying if we criticize your posts

Nov 17, 2014, 9:18 PM [ in reply to So you're saying if we criticize your posts ]

Can you imagine that;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said he can only prep one guy

Nov 17, 2014, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey David! Follow up question.... ]

So he should know who that is going to be

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Nov 17, 2014, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey David! Follow up question.... ]

David the best follow up ? would have been, Coach Morris, are you willing to return 800k of your salary being that you haven't come close to putting a 50k product on the field. And ask why he has only used his $19.95 play book that only has behind the LOI passes listed.

A little disheartening...

Nov 17, 2014, 11:54 AM

...to hear that Chad is preparing on not having him against Sakerlina.

I wonder if thats a bad sign and they're withholding information, or I could just be paranoid.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I love this place. I’ve got a spot already picked out where I want ‘em to put me when I die…up there on there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays. Then I wont have to go to heaven. I’ll already be there.”-Frank Howard

considering that he just sprained his LCL on Saturday, &

Nov 17, 2014, 11:57 AM

the game is less than 2 weeks away, it shouldn't be surprising. I'd be shocked if he WAS expecting him to play that early.

Re: A little disheartening...

Nov 17, 2014, 12:02 PM [ in reply to A little disheartening... ]

I hope they give no indication about DW until kickoff.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Same here. I'll be very surprised if anymore than this is

Nov 17, 2014, 12:56 PM

said before kickoff. Deshauns been saying his knees doing better and seems optimistic to play ive seen proof of that from him on that specifically. People have been talking about what they've heard him tell someone. Some people are claiming he's saying he will play for sure because it's not really even bothering him now but I'm sure that's BS, I may not even hang too much on that if I saw him say it myself but overall it seems it's not as bad for him as people are making out and I hope that continues I hope they say nothing more than were not sure or he can't run as well before the coots then have him beat the ##### out of the coots. I don't expect anyone but deshaun to know for sure until right before USuCk. I find it strange how certain people are going on about how he shouldn't play because of the severity, this is not a tear, this isn't even an acl. A week off should be fine, there's been players to play through the game with lcl strains which is not smart at all but doable. I'm not sure if people are thinking of a partial tear or what but he should be fine with nothing but a knee brace in 2 weeks but don't tell the coots that, theyre already on here talking about how bad it would be to play him on that without knowing anything about ligaments or sports related injuries or the human body for that matter.

Nov 17, 2014, 12:02 PM [ in reply to A little disheartening... ]

It's called gamesmanship and I am glad our coaches have it. The more S. Carolina has to prepare for the better. Our coaches don't owe speculation to the fans. The next two games are non-conference games so we don't even have to have an injury report.

It's not a guarantee he can play

Nov 17, 2014, 12:05 PM

You have no choice but to prepare as if he weren't going to play. Anything less would be irresponsible

Re: It's not a guarantee he can play

Nov 17, 2014, 12:09 PM

It would be dangerous for him to play that soon......the last thing our program needs is another RG III scenario.
We can still beat the dirtpeckers without him......

Nov 17, 2014, 12:17 PM

We can beat them without him, but we are talking about playing a game similar to the UF game they just played. With Watson, we could potentially have some separation. Also, Watson gives us a better chance to keep up should S. Carolina have some explosive plays on offense and get above the 20 point regulation threshold.

Nov 17, 2014, 12:26 PM

In any case, I doubt we'd have a blocked field goal and punt in the last few minutes. It was like the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial where the fans wanted it to go to OT. UF gifted that one to the Coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 17, 2014, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not a guarantee he can play ]

I don't believe we can beat the dirt peckers without Watson. Stoudt is just not capable of running a division 1 offense. It's not his fault he just doesn't have it. And I don't want to hear he won the previous 4 games for us. I think not it was the defense that won those games for us not 3 and out Stoudt. And that being said I would rather lose number 6 than risk Watson's career. GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2014, 12:43 PM

Fair points. Dabo really should have found a way to punish Chad Kelly without kicking him off the team. He should have given him a game or two suspension and convinced him to stay. Not having a really mobile backup quarterback hurts. Dabo tends to be pollyanna. He said we never had any major injury situations for 3 years with Boyd, and while true, Dabo needs to have a better competitive plan than to just take his chances and have a 2nd string quarterback that is not well suited to run Morris's offense. Unleashing players over attitude problems is a worst case scenario. It has happened twice in one year (Priester being the other). Maybe justified, I don't know.

Nov 17, 2014, 2:52 PM

Let me just say that Chad Kelly needed to be kicked off the team. You don't come into a coaches office and cussing and pointing fingers, etc.... he already knew he was walking a thin line. Kelly made the decision not to be on the team by his actions.

Dabo does not kick players off the team for a first time violation. Any player that gets kicked off the team had already been talked to several times. That I can promise you.

Nov 18, 2014, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: It's not a guarantee he can play ]

Agree. But sure don't want to lose to those dirtpeckers again.

Nov 17, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: A little disheartening... ]

Preparing for Stoudt takes about 5 minutes to talk about scheme (~5 plays) and knowing when and where the game is.

Dabo should have never said he could possibly come back

Nov 17, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to A little disheartening... ]

this season....its going to backfire b/c this fanbase only heard one thing...that he is definitely going to play healthy against USuck

Re: Dabo should have never said he could possibly come back

Nov 17, 2014, 1:05 PM

If they heard that they are tone deaf.

Maybe he's learned a lesson

Nov 17, 2014, 12:51 PM [ in reply to A little disheartening... ]

Its obvious that they had not worked the backups into any part of the gameplan against GT. Prepare like Watson isn't going to be available and its only a positive if he is. Prepare like he is the only option and we get what we got in Atlanta.

And add to and/or create plays different from the "20" for

Nov 18, 2014, 9:42 AM

Cole, that he gave away to GT - the interceptions were Chad's fault as the tech players said they had seen those on film and were ready for them. Come on Chad, get it together!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2014, 8:25 PM [ in reply to A little disheartening... ]

Maybe all three?? ;)

DW is 'day to day.'

Nov 18, 2014, 9:50 AM [ in reply to A little disheartening... ]

That means he can't prepare until he's 'good to go,' I recon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term

Nov 17, 2014, 6:01 PM

I checked with my ortho md at work today and he said whether DW can play for USC game depends on his pain tolerance most likely. Could go either way.

Re: FB Update: Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term

Nov 17, 2014, 9:21 PM

Would Oxycodone help the pain level to full speed ahead!!!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic