Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All you statisticians criticisizing Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

All you statisticians criticisizing Dabo

Sep 4, 2016, 11:19 PM

Hope you are watching the ND Texas game and shutting the #### up

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your pulse stats say you need to shut the #### up***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Wanted Dabo to go for 3.***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: ^ Wanted Dabo to go for 3.

Sep 4, 2016, 11:27 PM

Always liked Woody Hayes' on why he went for two late w a big lead over michigan and he said because he couldnt go for three

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going for 4 was the safe call there

Sep 4, 2016, 11:27 PM [ in reply to ^ Wanted Dabo to go for 3.*** ]

what were they thinking ??

Re: your pulse stats say you need to shut the #### up***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:25 PM [ in reply to your pulse stats say you need to shut the #### up*** ]

Changing the subject is a clear sign that you are wrong

Re: All you statisticians criticisizing Dabo

Sep 4, 2016, 11:23 PM

Yeah, blocked FGs/PATs are return for points like every game. You're absolutely right.

Sep 4, 2016, 11:42 PM

I read Dabo's lips in that last sideline huddle with the clock ticking down, I am pretty sure he said "the advertisers depend on us to make this an interesting game, now go out and win".

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2016, 1:31 AM [ in reply to Re: All you statisticians criticisizing Dabo ]

First game of season is worst game to test the soundness of field goal unit.

You sir have no understanding

Sep 4, 2016, 11:23 PM

of situational football. Extra point kick, should they have went for 2 and risk ND going down to kick FG to win game.

Please admit and know last night Dabo royally screwed the pooch that nearly cost us a win.

^ Missing the point.***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^ Troll^***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:30 PM

Get to fighting or get outta the way...***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:33 PM

Re: You sir have no understanding

Sep 4, 2016, 11:27 PM [ in reply to You sir have no understanding ]

Our D was the most dominant unit of the night put them on the field and let them win the game. And they did!!!!!

So miss the FG and same situation OR

you kick it and end it. What the hell do you not understand ?? Don't support just because you love the Tigers as much as I do, think logically. 9 pt lead, no chance of loss. Give them ball with 40 secs and pray those passes are knocked down. Easy call

lol, are you serious?***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:31 PM

I fear he/she is.***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

completely different

Sep 4, 2016, 11:29 PM

#1. Texas was too busy celebrating and barely got the snap off. They should have called a timeout.

#2. That was an extra point attempt, not a FG.

You realize a field goal was blocked tonight as well?***

Let me ask a serious question, do you blame Wayne

Sep 4, 2016, 11:36 PM

for going out of bounds or do you blame Dabo for not informing his team to STAY IN BOUNDS ??? Poor coaching either way guys, especially IMMEDIATELY after calling a TTIMEOUT to make sure everyone understood the situation.

It was atrociously handled by Dabo. You can all keep thinking what you will, but not having your team prepared in critical situations is just not acceptable as a #2, possible championship caliber team.

I'm wrong about that, explain to me how I'm wrong please ??? You can't.

Avid supporter of our team, not meaning to

Sep 4, 2016, 11:41 PM

sound otherwise. Clemson is one of me few loves outside of my family and my faith. Last night was a horrid last minute of football, BUT thankful we won the game.

Go Tigers!!

Sorry....

Sep 5, 2016, 9:03 AM

you definitely are sounding otherwise. Go back and read your posts. Not even constructive criticism, just negative about the guy that took us to the NC last year.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me ask a serious question, do you blame Wayne

Sep 4, 2016, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Let me ask a serious question, do you blame Wayne ]

Give it a rest. For a supposed Clemson fan you are spending an inordinate amount of time bashing a coach who is 3-1 against Auburn (a team we are 14-34-2 against) and who just got our first win at Auburn since 1950. Whatever heightened expectations you have are based on Dabo's work and accomplishments so no, you do not have any place second guessing him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we still discussing the reasons why a blocked FG could

Sep 4, 2016, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Let me ask a serious question, do you blame Wayne ]

never have happened last night because somehow Auburn's special teams could not duplicate what just happened in tonight's game... twice, or are we speculating on the conversation between Dabo and Gallman during the time out?

Dabo said,

Sep 4, 2016, 11:53 PM

"We trust Wayne Gallman. He ends up bouncing out. The competitiveness of him took over and he made a bad decision..."

Sounds like nothing was said during the timeout. That falls on the staff.

In reality, a kneel down would have been the best call. Auburn had no timeouts. Use that to your advantage. Kneel, run clock, then kick. At worst, we miss and Auburn takes over with less than 10 seconds left and needing 70 yards for a TD.

Kick either way. Going for it on 4th down was the riskiest course to take. It put us in an unnecessary, very slippery situation.

You have been trying to blame the coaches all day.***

Sep 5, 2016, 12:05 AM

Yes, for not admitting

Sep 5, 2016, 12:14 AM

it was handled poorly. Game should never have come down to that. FG is not even necessary part of discussion BUT since Wayne was not told to stay in bounds, he had to make an unnecessary choice and that was on the coach or coaches.

Point being that maybe FG is blocked, missed, whatever could happen that I've never heard of maybe, it is still chance to ice the game. Coaching scared or out of fear, is that a fm good thing.

Our coaches are the best in the country, but the fundamental aspect of the game was lost in the last minute.

Actually you are wrong

Sep 5, 2016, 12:24 AM

Wayne said in his post game interview he knew to stay inbounds but he didn't because he thought he could beat the linebacker to the first down. He didn't make a choice to stay inbounds because he didn't know the situation he thought we could win the game.

We had a timeout...one of the most important things that

Sep 5, 2016, 1:00 AM [ in reply to You have been trying to blame the coaches all day.*** ]

could have been accomplished in the sideline huddle was to make sure everyone knew the situation and how to play it correctly. Dabo should own that one, not say basically Wayne screwed up. Coaches should have reminded him, and really the entire offense, of what to do. Right?

The obvious thing to do there was stay in bounds and burn clock. Speaking of that, why were we even calling a running play on 3rd down? That's risky in and of itself. A fumble is more likely running Gallman up the gut then it is with Deshaun taking a couple steps and kneeling. Auburn had no timeouts... Kneel down and burn virtually the whole clock. Kick the ball and try to seal it that way.

Maybe Dabo got a little greedy there..wanting the first down? Or did he think it was okay to not get a first down?.. and give the ball back to Auburn with a little under a minute left? Because otherwise, the better option wasn't taken.. and it was there for the taking. Kneel, kick, ballgame.

Actually

Sep 5, 2016, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Dabo said, ]

At worst, they block the kick and return it for a touchdown, or the snap goes over Ryan's head (which almost happened earlier in the game). If we're talking worst case scenario, I'll take a botched field goal attempt over a botched hand off / fumble/ snap at that point.

The coaches should be reminding players to stay in bounds in those situations.

Sep 5, 2016, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Let me ask a serious question, do you blame Wayne ]

But players shouldn't need reminding at this level. Gallman shoulders most of the blame for going out of bounds there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Wayne said as much and Dabo said they'd discussed DW4

Sep 5, 2016, 12:40 AM

taking a knee, so keeping the clock running was at the forefront in that decision.

It seems Dabo is hugging his running back when he says WG had a momentary lapse driven by his competitiveness.

That kid played his #### off Saturday night. His blocking on Auburn's pressure was other worldly, mentioned on more than a few occasions by the announcers. He didn't back down all night and that doesn't even consider the 30 carries and 123 yards against a stout Auburn D & front.

If you can love on and hate on a young man that gave you and the team his all when discussing a momentary lapse of reason, it seems that's how you might do it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^see folks^^

Sep 5, 2016, 12:47 AM

Like the rest of us humans, our coaches and players review their performance, provide each other critical feedback, and take measure to prevent future occurrences.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo

Sep 5, 2016, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Wayne said as much and Dabo said they'd discussed DW4 ]

Nailed it

Go Tigers

yes, and the opposing coach was also on the hot seat

Sep 4, 2016, 11:49 PM [ in reply to You realize a field goal was blocked tonight as well?*** ]

I'm starting to connect the dots. I'm just a little slow.

Re: completely different

Sep 4, 2016, 11:32 PM [ in reply to completely different ]

That's a ridiculous argument because

1 it's the same unit that struggled out on the field

2 it being a FG increases the chance of it being blocked and makes the result of a block a lot worse

SMH

Sep 4, 2016, 11:46 PM

###?

Not so much

Sep 4, 2016, 11:33 PM [ in reply to completely different ]

After a missed PAT and a high snap on a FG attempt that was only saved by Seth.Dabo made the right move. But yes you may be right, A blocked attempt last night would have resulted in tying the game with a PAT attempt to win,instead of having to drive the field.

Sep 4, 2016, 11:42 PM

fortunate timing of "one of the oddest plays you'll see" to offer 'proof' to the ones who don't understand probability and statistics that they were correct

Sep 5, 2016, 12:06 AM

You are talking to an economist and math minor I understand probability very well. I also understand putting your best unit out on the field to win the game and that unit was our Defense and guess what they did?!?!? They won the game!!!!!

Sep 5, 2016, 12:26 AM

> You are talking to an economist and math minor I
> understand probability very well. I also understand
> putting your best unit out on the field to win the
> game and that unit was our Defense and guess what
> they did?!?!? They won the game!!!!!

well I was a math major, so I win :)

A lot of people just don't want to criticize Dabo no matter what. I love Dabo, but being a beloved successful Clemson coach doesn't mean you're incapable of making a bad decision. If the same scenario happened in the Vandy/SC game, with Vandy in Clemson's position, then 99% of the people defending Dabo's decision would be saying what a dumb decision Vandy's coach made.

jdtiger98, facts are not welcome here

Sep 5, 2016, 12:32 AM

There was a time when most would understand what I'm saying. Dabo is awesome but is he capable of mistakes?? Apparently not, I know we won the game. The end of the game could have been handled a much more simplified way. Maybe the drama was orchestrated from Vegas??? Come on guys, this is a no brainer.

Re: jdtiger98, facts are not welcome here

Sep 5, 2016, 12:34 AM

So now you accuse our coaches of point shaving? You sound like a super fan alright.

Interesting since you are here

Sep 5, 2016, 12:39 AM

defending a decision that could cost us a victory. Seriously, I worry for you if this is sincere. Hoping you are just playing the part of the ignorant fan. You do it well, make sure to always agree with poor decisions and you will go far.

LOL!!

Sep 5, 2016, 9:08 AM [ in reply to jdtiger98, facts are not welcome here ]

Vegas??!!??

Now I know you're not Tiger!

Go Tigers!

Sep 5, 2016, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Re: All you statisticians criticisizing Dabo ]

Touché with the math major lol. I'm not a Dabo homer I honestly think the decision was justified given what happened in the game up to that point.

so we should never kick another pat or fg this year

Sep 4, 2016, 11:49 PM

due to it could get blocked and ran back right?

^ Missing the point.***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:50 PM

No points missed, remember we didn't try the kick

Sep 4, 2016, 11:53 PM

See what I did there Francis. Knowledge, probability, statistics, these are a few things generally used to determine the choices that SHOULD be made. Point found, you are welcome.

Auburn scored touchdowns on 8.3% of their possessions prior

Sep 5, 2016, 12:02 AM

that decision by Dabo. That means Auburn had a 91.7% chance of not scoring a TD on our D, and that was based on a large and recent sample size. We had already missed one extra point, and had another snap go well high. Had it not been for an excellent play by our holder, it could have been a turnover. Now Dabo saw the kicking issues, and knew Auburn's chances of scoring were low, so he took a calculated risk, and it worked.

Re: so we should never kick another pat or fg this year

Sep 5, 2016, 12:10 AM [ in reply to so we should never kick another pat or fg this year ]

No that's not the case but if we are in a dog fight and our special teams unit isn't performing well I wouldn't be against doing it again. As I said previously put your best unit on the field to win the game plain and simple.

Why can I not stop clicking on these posts?***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why can I not stop clicking on these posts?***

Sep 4, 2016, 11:57 PM

it's like naked and afraid. you can't look away

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

It's the lack of critical thinking skills that has

Sep 5, 2016, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Why can I not stop clicking on these posts?*** ]

you back to find out what's next. Critical thinking is hard and requires thought and analysis of situation. Some are capable, others not so much. It's comical to see the defense our fans come up with, it's as if statistics are kept for the sake of having something they can use to start fires. God forbid you doubt our coaches when game is in jeopardy. I love Dabo and this does not change it, but every thing that happened in the last minute could have been negated by better decision making from our head coach. That is a fact, sorry if anyone fails to agree. If we lost, what would these same people be saying ????

My eyes! My eyes!***

Sep 5, 2016, 12:07 AM

Re: It's the lack of critical thinking skills that has

Sep 5, 2016, 12:12 AM [ in reply to It's the lack of critical thinking skills that has ]

For someone that is trying so desperately to exert some intellectual superiority you seem to not understand something as simple as the definition of the word "fact". That "everything that happened in the last minute could have been negated" is supposition, not fact. Being a coot doesn't have an audition process so you can lay up on smearing our coaches.

It is a fact. 45 seconds left. Run kneel down play

Sep 5, 2016, 12:15 AM

Which easily could take 5 seconds, clock resets and runs out. Game over. Fact!!

^^winner, winner. Chicken dinner.^^

Sep 5, 2016, 12:21 AM

Intellectual prowess achieved.

Next subject......please!

For the love of gee hawd, please.

Re: It is a fact. 45 seconds left. Run kneel down play

Sep 5, 2016, 12:21 AM [ in reply to It is a fact. 45 seconds left. Run kneel down play ]

If you think that mess of incomplete sentences constitutes an incontrovertable fact you are a discredit to a Clemson education.

Viztiz, fact is my statement is a fact

Sep 5, 2016, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: It's the lack of critical thinking skills that has ]

How do you not understand that. Watch last minute of game again and tell me how my statement is not factual. Coot?? You serious, just because I don't like the FACT our team, Clemson, was put in a bad situation.

Re: Viztiz, fact is my statement is a fact

Sep 5, 2016, 12:23 AM

"Bad situation" also does not constitute a fact. Stop while you're behind.

and here I am trying to let him win....

Sep 5, 2016, 12:25 AM

SMH

Re: and here I am trying to let him win....

Sep 5, 2016, 12:26 AM

Sorry - i fought the urge all day but I just can't take it anymore.

May the force be with you. Always.***

Sep 5, 2016, 12:34 AM

Re: Viztiz, so I take it you have no idea

Sep 5, 2016, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Viztiz, fact is my statement is a fact ]

what the word "fact" means ?? I'm not behind, it's unfortunate you think like you do and are never wrong. Except this time, math skills. Put the game on, last minute of the game, and tell me I am wrong because I am not. Goodnight and get back to me when you learn something, take your time though since you need it.

Re: Viztiz, so I take it you have no idea

Sep 5, 2016, 12:30 AM

There is no conjecture about what might have happened that could be construed as fact. What is fact is that the chain of events that unfolded last night resulted in a Clemson victory - FACT! as you like to emphasize. A fact that seriously seems to distress you since you've spent a lot of time expressing a desire that things had unfolded differently last night.

Re: It's the lack of critical thinking skills that has

Sep 5, 2016, 12:12 AM [ in reply to It's the lack of critical thinking skills that has ]

is it possible that dabo was not comfortable with what he'd been observing during fg and xp attempts? his thoughts were based on what the d had been doing all night long and every stat proves the d was playing shutdown. he had some options - he picked that one. my only concern was the middle would be open last drive for chunk plays. #### happens. 1-0.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic