Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
clemson tradition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,042

clemson tradition

Mar 28, 2013, 1:01 PM

some people are saying that clemson should stop some of their traditions they have had for years. these traditions make clemson who they are and none should be changed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What traditions specifically are you referring to.***

Mar 28, 2013, 1:05 PM

I'm ready to end sone of the newer traditions....

Mar 28, 2013, 1:05 PM

like losing to the gamecocks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

....and NOT making it to the

Mar 28, 2013, 1:11 PM

College World Series

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

woo hoo.

Mar 28, 2013, 1:19 PM

Bout time we killed that one.

Re: woo hoo.

Mar 28, 2013, 1:39 PM

While I respect your opinion, it bothers me that you feel that just because something wasn't around when you were at Clemson then it is an insignificant tradition. There has never been a time that I can remember that we have not done the woohoo. Granted, I didn't start attending games regularly until I was in high school which was in the late 90s. But just because it hasn't been around since the beginning of the program, doesn't mean that it should be written off. There are thousands of young alumni who pour as much money into our beloved university as the older alumni. Please stop telling us that our traditions are insignificant or annoying. Thanks and Go Tigers!

Just for spite

Mar 28, 2013, 2:02 PM

the woohoo is insignificant, annoying, feminine, dumb and not a tradition.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Thanks

Mar 28, 2013, 2:15 PM

I really appreciate the sarcasm.

Apparently it is a tradition, however, to be an asshat

Mar 28, 2013, 2:20 PM

to other generations of tiger-faithful.

if you feel disrespected, imagine how some older tigers may

Mar 28, 2013, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: woo hoo. ]

feel that some younger ones decided to disrespect their tradition by changing it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because their "traditio" is not allowing other traditions

Mar 28, 2013, 2:24 PM

i.e.:

"No younger tigers ever again can create their own traditions. It will ruin ours and so our traditions shall be the last and only ones in Clemson."

i consider "keys" @ vpi when it was introduced or the rock

Mar 28, 2013, 2:28 PM

when it was placed to be new traditions, i don't consider changing an existing one as new.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What traditions are being change (sans woohoo).

Mar 28, 2013, 2:29 PM

Wearing orange isn't really a tradition. Every school wears their teams primary color to games.

i'm pretty sure i only commented on the woohoo. did you see

Mar 28, 2013, 2:34 PM

the op?

touche. I'm just curious how often that happens.

Mar 28, 2013, 2:42 PM

The woohoo is the only one I can think of, and yet anytime there is an idea for something new, everyone shuts it down immediately.

nothing wrong with new TG11, but there's usually resistance

Mar 28, 2013, 2:51 PM

from some, which is fine. BUT, i'm not a fan of change/new because someone wants to say they made a quarterly goal or to allow them to simply put a stamp on their tenure.

maybe they could have asked just current/former military & their families to wear purple so they are easily recognizable? i don't know how easy it would be to manage, but there was plenty of time to deliver the message.

idk. i don't see the issue, but do understand the hesitation by some.

Re: if you feel disrespected, imagine how some older tigers may

Mar 28, 2013, 2:27 PM [ in reply to if you feel disrespected, imagine how some older tigers may ]

I don't believe the intent was ever to disrespect the older generation.
At some point, it became a tradition and despite how much you may want it to, it's not going anywhere.

see, that's the problem isn't it. it's not for you to

Mar 28, 2013, 2:32 PM

decide if others find it disrespectful no matter the intent and to your point, there are thousands that will continue to call it, "_______".

both sides can deal with it.

Re: see, that's the problem isn't it. it's not for you to

Mar 28, 2013, 2:44 PM

Both sides are going to have to deal with it. On that you are correct.

I actually DSP's right in saying

Mar 28, 2013, 2:51 PM

It's not for you to decide if others find it disrespectful too!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: I actually DSP's right in saying

Mar 28, 2013, 5:07 PM

I believe I said from the very beginning that I respected the op opinion. I said it bothered me to have others write off a tradition that is a tradition to myself and many of my peers. I don't believe I ever said I find it disrespectful.

I guess I fail to understand why something should be gotten rid of just because it hasn't always been around. Tiger walk is an even newer tradition. Should we get rid of that as well? To my children, that is a tradition that they have always known. Does that make it insignificant?

Please stop telling us that our traditions are insignificant

Mar 28, 2013, 10:31 PM

or annoying.

Those are your words.

I consider that akin to disrespect and i think merriam would agree. Not trying to get into a pissing match, but nothing was 'created', but something, a long standing tradition, was bastardized in the view of many.

I'm not blaming you. You fell into this honestly; it's all you've known.

They're not talking about removing anything, they're talking about returning something that was in place to its original, sacredand intended form. Traditions are that aren't they? Sacred? You are telling people to bugger off and leave yours alone. It was never yours. You got spoon fed a hybrid, not the original.

It's a mutation, an abomination, a wrong that should have been righted long ago.

Ok, most of that was over the top BS, but stop the whining, grab a bucket, a mop and police your tears soldier.

They created nothing, save a lot of turmoil. It's not a tradition. It just is and things that just are when they shouldn't be aren't traditions, they're habits. and bad ones are meant to be broken.

You realize they were "what if" conversations right?***

Mar 28, 2013, 2:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,042
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic