Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
clemson reputation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

clemson reputation

Oct 20, 2013, 11:48 AM

i never thought id see the day when the term "pulling a clemson" would become part of the sports lexicon. this is what happens when you have a figurehead cheerleader head coach who proclaims he has an elite national
championship team and whenever he can,, mug and scream and act like an idiot before the camera. a gimmicky soft offense and pourous defense doesnt make an elite team. god PLEASE give the days of pancake blocking before a toss sweep to kenny flowers on the weak side and running dudes over. instead,, we get plowed over. yeah im sentimental old fart,, but gimme a REAL coach (DANNY)calling football plays nd not cheerleading on the sidelines and letting his over-paid coordinators coach every aspect. what does dabo do? really? i dont accept this, i wont accept this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: clemson reputation

Oct 20, 2013, 11:52 AM

Danny Ford is never coming back. At least Dabo runs a clean program.We can rebound

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2013, 12:26 PM

When Danny was running a dirty program, everyone else was doing the same thing. Its not like Danny was the only one doing it. Everyone who was winning national titles in the late 70's through the 80's was paying players. Danny just got caught.

What I loved most about Danny was that when he had...

Oct 20, 2013, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: clemson reputation ]

...something to say, he said it with few words but with blistering accuracy and effect.

He approached the game with acrimony and simplicity.

His priorities started on the defensive line, then switched to the offensive line, then to the backers, then to the safeties, then the DBs, then RBs, then the QB, then the WRs.

Recruit to those priorities, and you are probably win most games and are always within striking distance. I know many will criticize my assessment of the QB priority, but a lot of mediocre QBs look really good given enough time behind a fortressed OL.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

also shows that at least the national media knows us

Oct 20, 2013, 11:54 AM

there are many teams out there that the national media don't give a flying #### about

Oct 20, 2013, 12:00 PM

no ford isnt comming back, but we can dang sure get a coach that doesnt tolerate mediocrity on the field. you ever seen nick saban proclaim how elite his team is? no. you ever seen saban go batsh&t when his team makes a mental mistake? even when they are ahead by 40 points, if he sees a letdown by one of his layers, he coaches. my god we won a peach bowl and dabo said "this is a national championship team" anyone here who cant see that this team is codled and rewarded for just being kinda good, is blind.

Oct 20, 2013, 12:06 PM

One thing I will criticize Dabo about is when he has said how proud he is of the team after games like BC and NC State. I think in games like these, he really needs to say that frankly we are not a very good football team right now.

Oct 20, 2013, 12:10 PM

exactly!!! a real coach would have said we underachieved and we have a alot of coaching to do before we are a contender. you see the team then gets it, "hey we can do better"

Oct 20, 2013, 12:24 PM

He needs to stop tweeting the Gov "This is our TIME" crap and stick to coaching on a Friday vs tweeting the gov...damm it!

Oct 20, 2013, 12:39 PM

At least when Ford was coaching and someone mentioned Orange Bowl, you thought National Championship. Now when someone mentions Orange Bowl, you think 70 point blow out. And now Death Valley will be known as the place where you can easily score 51 points. Dabo is not an elite coach and this is not an elite team.

If you can't stand to lose...

Oct 20, 2013, 12:41 PM

you need to give up football. Danny didn't win them all and neither does anyone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent point. Some people's memories have 'holes'

Oct 20, 2013, 12:44 PM

and they only recall what they want to. The big difference between Ford and Dabo is Ford had no problems playing 'slobber knockin' football and worrying less about having the top talent with the ball in their hands. It worked better in the 80s than now, maybe.

I love Danny, but dang Duke State GT all beat us

Oct 20, 2013, 1:10 PM

when we should have destroyed them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Excellent point. Some people's memories have 'holes'

Oct 20, 2013, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Excellent point. Some people's memories have 'holes' ]

I'm getting old and my memory may have "holes" as you say....but dang....with Coach Ford, I don't remember ever ever getting embarrassed like we did last night (or the epic embarrassment in the Orange Bowl against WV). Nobody realistically expects a team will win all the time every time. I'm not against Dabo but seriously we need to make DEFENSE top priority again.

Oct 20, 2013, 12:53 PM

Well it looks like the same old Clemson is still well and alive, (half a--) as ever !

Wow

Oct 20, 2013, 1:05 PM

ALOT of bandwagon fans....

Danny was a good coach because he let his assistant coaches

Oct 20, 2013, 1:14 PM

coach. He did not call plays. He did have the final say on the game decisions. The coach that is the problem right now is the o-line coach because I see no improvement in that position the last few years

So you're mad you drove to Knoxville?***

Oct 20, 2013, 2:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic