Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Travis Blanks talks Mike Bellamy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Travis Blanks talks Mike Bellamy

May 16, 2012, 10:48 AM

Travis Blanks talks Mike Bellamy

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Travis Blanks talks Mike Bellamy

May 16, 2012, 10:50 AM

It's a doggone shame that an 18 yo young man is more mature then a lot of you internet all-americans. Just sayin

Dear Travis, Every fanbase/school has hurtful people

May 16, 2012, 12:07 PM

You just have to overlook them as they are in the great minority but when they speak they draw alot of attention. 99% of us wish Mike the best and if all possible a return to Clemson. Hopefully he wiil grow from this-some on this board never have and never will.

Re: Dear Travis, Every fanbase/school has hurtful people

May 16, 2012, 2:23 PM

Also Travis, they did the exact same with Sammy. Perfect people are very hard to find when you need them. But when good people make a mistake or just don't get it. The perfect people are every where telling them just how sorry and worthless they are. I've never cared much for perfect people. They are Two Faced, and they talk out of both sides of their mouth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish you were right..

May 16, 2012, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Dear Travis, Every fanbase/school has hurtful people ]

but almost 99% "were" trashing him, have for almost 2
years...what a shame.

May 16, 2012, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Travis Blanks talks Mike Bellamy ]

Travis, you have to learn fast that our rival in
columbia, hates clemson fans and players.they can
get on here and trash players etc and pretend to
be clemson fans.you are correct, true clemson fans
wouldn't trash the university or the players.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2012, 12:04 AM

I agree!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN!***

May 16, 2012, 10:50 AM

Bashing Mike Bellamy

May 16, 2012, 10:51 AM

Totally agree with Blanks. This bashing Bellamy is crazy from CLEMSON so called fans!

Re: Bashing Mike Bellamy

May 16, 2012, 11:02 AM

I agree, I read some posts that made me want to scream and shout at those Clemson sports fans. What do they think is gained by venting their disappointment in such an inappropriate way. I am disappointed too, I wanted to watch Bellamy play some more in orange and purple. But I hope he does well and is able to come back to Clemson for his last year of eligibility but I know that is extremely hard to do at CU.

Re: Bashing Mike Bellamy

May 16, 2012, 2:33 PM

Any Tiger fan is going to be disappointed. Even Tiger fans that don't care for FB. But just b/c he has disappointed us. That doesn't mean he should be disrespected b/c he isn't with the team anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2012, 11:04 AM

Travis is already smarter and more mature than a lot of people on here.

Amen!! Well said!!!

May 16, 2012, 11:06 AM

Driving me up the wall how some people are so quick to kick people to the curb b/c of past issues.

With a little luck, Bellamy will be back in a year and a lot stronger, wiser and more mature.

Best of luck Mike! There are a lot of Tiger Fans rooting for you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amen!! Well said!!! AGREE!!!

May 17, 2012, 12:07 AM

Agree!!!

How many years of eligibility will he have when he reenters?***

May 16, 2012, 11:06 AM

assuming he could get his grades right in a year.....

May 16, 2012, 11:08 AM

he could have 2 years left. He may be able to apply for a third year though because of his circumstance.

Exactly! Some are shameful to an extreme.....

May 16, 2012, 11:07 AM

that no Clemson person should ever experience.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2012, 11:10 AM

I have not seen to many posts bashing the kid now, any more than the day of the ACC championship game when he got caught smoking reefer in his hotel room.

All I can say is the kid needs to grow up and it seems like he was given more of a chance under Dabo than any other player under since he has been our head man.

I wish him the best, but then again, he let the entire clemson nation, himself, and his team mates down by not doing what the other 84 scholarship players do day in and day out.

There are some folks on here that love to hate their own.

May 16, 2012, 11:14 AM

Hate the players, the coaches, the s&c, the admin, the AD, the BOT, etc...what exactly do you like about Clemson? I thought you had to like SOMETHING about a team to be a fan. It's mind boggling.

Bellamy is being "trashed" out of frustration.........

May 16, 2012, 11:15 AM

Look, I wish nothing but the best for Bellamy, but in the same breath I no longer feel compelled to cut him slack.

He has a God given talent very few of us will ever have and all he really had to do wash show up on time, study and do what he is told.........Period. It is really that simple. He was provided free education, room, board and 3 squares and one of the best Universities in the South if not the US.

Bellamy has been worked with and given ample opportunity to get his act together and he is not. If he has a learning disability, I would think it would have been identified.

It is perfectly normal to be unbelievably frustrated to see a potential great talent squander such a great opportunity.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

^^^Lame response.........^^^

May 16, 2012, 11:28 AM

Bellamy is not the first kid who did not work out and won't be the last. If anything, I think the coaches, and maybe players, rode Bellamy pretty hard to get him back in line. All you have to do is say "Too bad it did not work out. Best wishes." End of story.

You have to be kidding...

May 16, 2012, 1:24 PM

"All you have to do is say "Too bad it did not work out. Best wishes." End of story."

That is the problem with this whole generation of young people. There are not enough people sticking a foot up their butts when they screw up. Mike still has his whole life ahead of him and it can be a great one. Right now, all of his mistakes can be fixed. If he chooses. He needs to be ridden like a rented donkey at this point in his life or he will be the next Lawrence Phillips.

Too many kids are being coddled for their screw up. The a guy like Sammy Watkins, when he screws up, he gets right in front of the issue and acts like a man and takes responsibility for his actions. Watkins was't exactly raise in paradise.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Agree. Some fans have no class***

May 16, 2012, 11:23 AM

Completely AGREE with BANKS about bashing MIKE since a Tiger

May 16, 2012, 11:31 AM

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2012, 11:40 AM

I hate this for Clemson, but I hate it for Mike Bellamy, even more. All have made mistakes and wish we could have a do-over at times. He is young, and hopefully this is the wake up he needs to mature and to move ahead in a positive way with his life. I would love for him to get the grades, etc. worked out and return to Clemson and contribute to the team. He is a great athlete and could help us in the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mike Bellamy . . .

May 16, 2012, 11:46 AM

I wish Mike Bellamy all the best and great success in life. But the facts is that he was given a great opportunity, and with opportunities come responsibilities and expectations. Mike failed to meet those responsibilities and expectations. Fact. That isn't bashing him, that is fact. Hopefully he will learn from this and come out a better person who can commit himself to meeting expectations and responsibilities when given an opportunity.

Re: Mike Bellamy . . .

May 16, 2012, 11:54 AM

Dabo hasn't had enough time to teach him responsibility..........he should have learned that at home,,,,if it's anyone's fault, BLAME THE PARENTS, or the lack thereof..........I wish him all the best, because the time I have spent talking with him, he seems to be a pretty decent kid....I hope Mike gets the guidence he needs and look forward to seeing him play again !!!!!!!!

Re: Mike Bellamy . . .

May 16, 2012, 12:04 PM

I'm sure he's a decent kid, I have no doubt. But, ultimately Mike will have to learn that it is all up to him.

So true but TB has proven character traits, some on here

May 16, 2012, 11:52 AM

have none---period

May 16, 2012, 12:09 PM

You know, honestly, there have been a few people talking negatively about it but i have seen the majority of the posts are wishing him well. In any situation, people are going to have their own opinions. Bellamy DID have every opportunity to have something special at Clemson and he blew it. That doesn't mean he can't get his act together and hopefully return to Clemson but if not, then succeed somewhere else. I wish him the best and am not going to look at Tiger Nation as a whole for bad mouthing him when only a few have.

Travis, you hit the nail on the head when you said " True

May 16, 2012, 12:09 PM

Clemson fan". EVERYONE that posts on tigernet is NOT a true Clemson fan. In fact, MANY on here are fans of opposing teams pretending to be fans. Some go to elaborate lengths to place themselves beyond reproach, much in the same way that child molesters do. DON'T TAKE IT TO HEART.

^^^^AMEN! NEED TO READ THIS!^^^^^^^

May 16, 2012, 2:25 PM

....and those that really think they are fans (not posers) and trash a kid should be ignored! Crappy world we live in!

Blanks is 100% correct, and has more intelligence...

May 16, 2012, 1:10 PM

..at his young age than about 50% of the posters on this board (including me).

Amen!! Well said!!!

May 16, 2012, 1:12 PM

This is driving me up the wall.... How can some people be so quick to kick athletes to the curb. When things are not going well. The hollier than though attitude is uncalled for.

WE ARE CLEMSON! WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT!!

With a little luck, Bellamy will be back in a year a lot stronger, wiser and more mature. He just needs time, guidance and support.

Best of luck Mike! There are a lot of Tiger Fans rooting for you! There's nothing more than than we would love to see you come back and have a great career & graduate. We're behind you, Mike!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is Travis Blanks and why is this front page worthy?***

May 16, 2012, 2:26 PM

Re: Who is Travis Blanks and why is this front page worthy?***

May 16, 2012, 2:30 PM

who is travis blanks. rotflmfao

So he's some sort of sports psychologist who is

May 16, 2012, 2:38 PM

qualified to comment on the mindset of true fans? I feel stupid for not knowing that.

talk about feeling stupid...

May 16, 2012, 3:27 PM

Rated as the #15 overall player and the #2 safety in the nation by ESPN.com...Clemson's top incoming player according to ESPN.com...#25 overall player and #2 defensive back in the nation by Tom Lemming...#60 player and #4 defensive back in the nation by Rivals.com...#13 safety in the nation by Scout.com...#12 safety in the nation by 247Sports.com...#1 player in the Orlando area by Orlando Sentinel...played in the U.S. Army All-American game...his North Florida Christian School team won the state title his freshman and senior year...third-team All-American by ESPN.com...honorable mention All-American by Sports Illustrated as a senior despite missing five games due to injury...earned all-state honors as a junior and senior...named FACA 1A Player of the Year as a junior...named First Team All-Big Bend as a junior and senior...had 104 tackles, four interceptions, 35 receptions, and eight touchdowns as a junior...comes to Clemson from the same area as recent Clemson All-American DeAndre McDaniel (2007-10)...coached by Robert Craft at North Florida Christian School...enrolled at Clemson in January of 2012, he will go through spring practice...recruited by Jeff Scott...born Dec. 3, 1993.

check your meter

May 17, 2012, 8:16 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: So he's some sort of sports psychologist who is

May 16, 2012, 6:28 PM [ in reply to So he's some sort of sports psychologist who is ]

no if you really want to feel stupid just scroll back over your post history.

He does those work out DVDs - Tae Bo***

May 16, 2012, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Who is Travis Blanks and why is this front page worthy?*** ]

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

thank you for the serious answer. point.***

May 16, 2012, 2:39 PM

Don't tell me i'm not a "true Clemson fan"

May 16, 2012, 4:06 PM

I've been pulling for Clemson since before Blanks was born. Mike Bellamy had a bad attitude and was a bit of a troublemaker. I haven't trashed his name, but even if I choose to, Blanks is in no position to tell me I'm not a true Clemson fan. I'd die for Clemson.

Re: Don't tell me i'm not a "true Clemson fan"

May 16, 2012, 4:11 PM

simply amazing how words can be twisted to make it anything you like and dislike. for instance what i got from it was dont trash the kid because he could not cut it in the classroom. not everyone is as smart as you guys on this board. by all accounts mike had been a model citizen since january. why cant we all just wish the guy luck and hope he makes it in life. you know, like all of you seem to have.

Re: Don't tell me i'm not a "true Clemson fan"

May 16, 2012, 9:32 PM

well said.it's sad when people kick someone when they're down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 16, 2012, 9:09 PM

Amen!!! I wish him all the luck

Well I'm a Clemson alum, something Bellamy will never

May 17, 2012, 8:14 AM

be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Good news, you're also an @$$h0le***

May 17, 2012, 3:05 PM

recruits and players read the posts here.

May 17, 2012, 4:03 PM

nuf said.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic