Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Louisville's Lamar Jackson on beating Clemson: "It's our turn now"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Louisville's Lamar Jackson on beating Clemson: "It's our turn now"

Jul 14, 2017, 11:35 AM

Louisville's Lamar Jackson on beating Clemson: "It's our turn now"

The Louisville Cardinals are about to embark on their fourth season in the ACC, and the football program has enjoyed plenty of on the field success. What they haven't done is beat Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Louisville's Lamar Jackson on beating Clemson: "It's our turn now"

Jul 14, 2017, 11:40 AM

should loan the couldnt see for allergies excuse to quick

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, at least our boys didn't call him a one-eyed sapsucker***

Jul 15, 2017, 8:45 AM

Re: New Story: Louisville's Lamar Jackson on beating Clemson: "It's our turn now"

Jul 14, 2017, 11:40 AM

We will beat them worse than we have since they entered the league in 17

About 4 games down on my concern list

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LJ vs our d-line

Jul 14, 2017, 2:29 PM

Lamar Jackson is talented and the Pizza Box will be rowdy, but our D-line vs Louisville's O-line is a mismatch. LJ will spend a lot of the game on his backside.

This game will be decided on the other side of the ball. If our offense gets going, we win. If not, Louisville's got a chance.

Jul 14, 2017, 11:43 AM

You don't win because it's your "turn"!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2017, 11:50 AM

these pizza sponsored guys are so funny. they have no clue. Definitely comes down to their top leadership or lack thereof

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Want to lose 'running on the field' privileges, because

Jul 14, 2017, 11:53 AM

getting in opposing player's faces is how you do that...

Jul 14, 2017, 11:55 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The talent levels are heading in opposite directions. That has been evident the last two years. We played down to them just like we played down to a lot of other teams over the last two years. We had to turn it over nearly a half dozen times for them to make a game of it. Our defense will be better this year and if Lamar doesn't learn to throw better I say they lose by two scores.

That is exactly how I see it. 5 TO's and you still get beat.***

Jul 15, 2017, 8:47 AM

Oh, is that how it works?

Jul 14, 2017, 11:56 AM

They think it's their "turn"?

Um, that's not how competitive sports works Lamar. You lost to a Clemson team that had like 5 turnovers last year...doesn't sound like your turn is coming up anytime soon.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they choked after that...

Jul 16, 2017, 4:44 PM

including a total fail down the stretch against Kaintuck.

It's not about "turns"; it's about making the most of opportunities. You blew it, Lamar. Enjoy that trophy... it's probably the last one you'll see in your career.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it was more like "Oh thnap! Thazz crazy man! Ithzz

Jul 14, 2017, 11:59 AM

our turn now! Thazz crazy!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumbs up

Jul 14, 2017, 1:57 PM

for a great re-creation of the worst Heisman speech ever!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, Lamar , you don't get a turn.***

Jul 14, 2017, 12:25 PM

Jul 14, 2017, 12:39 PM

I'm liking this matchup, even there. LJ may get swamped more than he can stand.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2017, 12:44 PM

My guess is their O-line gets beat soundly by our D-line. And the Tigers have just as many skilled players as they do. Action Jackson can run? So what! Kelly Bryant can run.

change their name

Jul 14, 2017, 1:25 PM

to lose-ville and dab in lame-arm jackson's face next year

Jul 14, 2017, 12:57 PM

Like we said on the playground........... Jackson! You Don't Getta Turn! You have to earn it!

Last three years TNet collectively thinks this game will be a blowout

Jul 14, 2017, 1:04 PM

And every year TNet is wrong.

I expect no difference in TNet wisdom this year.

Looking forward to another roller coaster ride of emotion when the two teams battle and CU barely edges them again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last three years TNet collectively thinks this game will be a blowout

Jul 14, 2017, 1:42 PM

No turn overs, and the red birds won't get that turn they think they deserve, simple as that!!! For the red birds red faced Petrino, if we don't hand your team the ball 5 times, you can't play right with us. That's a dream you have, like owning a another new Harley that your wife'y forbids you to have!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last three years TNet collectively thinks this game will be a blowout

Jul 15, 2017, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Last three years TNet collectively thinks this game will be a blowout ]

Or LJ runs for 250 yards and throws for a 150 cause he has no help. I think we see another tight game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still an upgrade over Maryland***

Jul 14, 2017, 2:24 PM

"It's our turn"?

Jul 14, 2017, 3:14 PM

What's that mean? This isn't a board game, it's football, and every year is isolated from the others. This philosophy of "Our turn" hasn't worked so well for Clemson in Chapel Hill in basketball, or for a lot of football teams that are owned for years by their rival. It comes down to performance in real time.

The other bothersome cliche is "we've got to play all sixty minutes." Well, they did last year. I recall they lost on basically the last play of the game on which they could've scored, they just didn't. We had a game saving tackle by number 29. But they played all sixty minutes b/c I saw it and was holding my breath. NC State also played all sixty minutes but just had a bad FG kicker. Pitt did too, and happened to win.

And in Tampa, we played all 60 and so did Bama, but we made the play at the end.

it's nobody's turn, it's a new season and last season

Jul 14, 2017, 3:38 PM

doesn't matter... what they are not taking into consideration is that our defense is going to be stronger while their defense is taking a step back, and they are going to have to show that their offense is taking a step forward bcuz if they don't, they won't score thirty to stay in the game...

#GoTigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, I read it to mean

Jul 15, 2017, 7:21 AM

they had to come to our loud house last year. It's their turn to provide the hostile crowd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: To be fair, I read it to mean

Jul 15, 2017, 9:13 AM

thats exactly what he was saying. People comment without reading the article.

Did Quick have "allergies" too when we went out of bounds?

Jul 14, 2017, 4:28 PM

This is exactly why I'm not worried about em next year. "We wonder..."?! How has Petrino not made that clear by now? Too busy making deals with Wake Forest.

Jul 14, 2017, 5:52 PM

I'll tell you what happened, Lamar. You were overrated. You won the Heisman based on some early-season highlights. When your team needed you late in the season, you were terrible. Then you went and blew the bowl game as well to showcase your selection as Heisman trophy winner, while the guy who should have won it went on to star in the playoffs and National Championship game. As far as I'm concerned, they should just go ahead and give you the Heisman in advance the next 3 years as well. Just make sure they catch all your highlights versus Syracuse and you're a lock.

It's nobody's turn. Leave it all on the field...

Jul 16, 2017, 12:52 PM

and may the best team win. Hopefully, they will be wearing orange and white.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 16, 2017, 12:59 PM

Sounds to me like someone's needing another neck choking!!!

Jul 16, 2017, 1:03 PM

There are a few games in the schedule that concern me a bit. Louisville is just not one of them. They've been exposed for what they are and have no unknown new players. We're going to demolish them this year.

Jul 16, 2017, 1:31 PM

Yes it your turn....to sink further into mediocrity.

Have you ever seen this?

http://undefined/video/clip?id=18441695

Jul 16, 2017, 1:40 PM

....or maybe it's our "turn" to win two championships in a row!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic