Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CNN - nothing on the front page about the testimony going
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 545

CNN - nothing on the front page about the testimony going

Jun 19, 2018, 10:20 AM

on at Capitol Hill.

FOX NEWS - nothing on the front page about the parent/child separation issue going on at the border.

How far left and far right can these 2 "news" agencies lean?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cereal question

Jun 19, 2018, 10:29 AM

what is y'all's go to source for middle of the road, fact reporting?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are indeed right-leaning, but I still read

Jun 19, 2018, 10:32 AM

the WSJ most every day.

I feel it's more than balanced out by the time I spend each week also reading NYT articles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#following***

Jun 19, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to cereal question ]

The NBC Nightly news is a place I don't find myself

Jun 19, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to cereal question ]

completely astounded by the number of opinions interjected into the news. It's far from perfect...

Smerconish (CNN) tries to stay close to the middle I think. He'll lean left if knocked off balance...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NBC Nightly News is great

Jun 19, 2018, 11:51 AM

if your interest reside with cats rescued from trees and paraplegics overcoming adversity. a thirty minute show, with at least 10 minutes of commercials, 5 minutes of news, and the rest stuff aimed a grandmothers in easy chairs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Jounge***

Jun 19, 2018, 11:24 AM [ in reply to cereal question ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I watch

Jun 19, 2018, 11:53 AM [ in reply to cereal question ]

MSNBC morning joe in the morning. read Drudge / WSJ. Watch CBSN online/roku.

for those of you not familiar with CBSN, its a news channel from CBS. It certainly has its political leanings (leftward) but its not personality driven and is more raw news.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

buddybook, duh***

Jun 19, 2018, 12:05 PM [ in reply to cereal question ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CNN actually has that at the top of their page - a link to

Jun 19, 2018, 10:51 AM

watch live.

Personally I check CNN, Fox, NYTimes, Breitbart, The Intercept, AP News Wire, local, plus Bloomberg and PBS News Hour for TV. If you can make it 15 minutes into a news cast without Trump being mentioned then the odds of actual news reporting happening increase dramatically.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are journalists I respect still out there though.

Jun 19, 2018, 10:53 AM

These I think are pretty unbiased usually though this Joe/Trump feud is off the rails. All except Joe are with FOX:

Brit Hume
Sheppard Smith
Chris Wallace
Joe Scarborough

I'm sure there are more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I trust them as well.

Jun 19, 2018, 10:58 AM

They are pros. Also, even though a serious liberal, Chris Matthews still has integrity imo. The truth is, I think the media overall gets a bad rap. Most are good even if they have a touch of bias. I think it would be easier just to name the absolute hacks.

Hannity would be team captain as far as television.

Yep, Matthews is awesome.***

Jun 19, 2018, 11:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CNN - nothing on the front page about the testimony going

Jun 19, 2018, 11:03 AM

I obviously don't know what it looked like when you posted, but both of these statements are no longer true.

That being said, neither Fox nor CNN are truly news. They're entertainment sources.

As much as we like to talk about new media in 2018, multiple nonpartisan reports have shown that the big three networks remain three of the best sources for unbiased reporting.

Of course, there are plenty of great journalists online. Even buzzfeed has had some good stuff lately. But someone watching the 6:30 news will be more properly informed than someone who watches CNN or Fox all day.

Jun 19, 2018, 11:08 AM

CNN has some real news at times. Fareed Zakaria GPS is great imo.

Well, CNN was showing live coverage of it yesterday.***

Jun 19, 2018, 11:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jun 19, 2018, 12:47 PM

Actually, CNN is streaming the Inspector General's testimony live on it's website.

https://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-1?adkey=bn

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep - but 0 articles about it. I guess there was nothing to

Jun 19, 2018, 1:44 PM

report that came out of it.

Interestingly, FOX now has mostly parent/child immigration now...

I think you could say this for Fox...

Jun 19, 2018, 1:50 PM

the immigration issue is one that was drummed up, either rightly or wrongly, by activists. It's isn't a timely "crisis" in that it isn't something that's just started happening that needs round the clock coverage today. So it's largely become an issue for commentary, not something that much news can really be reported on.

On CNN's behalf, while what's going on today on Capitol Hill is timely news, it also isn't something people in a certain bubble are very interested in. It's not a cause celebre, like the immigration issue.

Replies: 18
| visibility 545
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic