Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
can jawja shut down faker mayfield and there offense?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

can jawja shut down faker mayfield and there offense?

Dec 3, 2017, 8:30 PM

and does the dawgs have enough offense to beat o.u.?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has Uga faced a good passing offense this season

Dec 3, 2017, 8:33 PM

Mizzou maybe? But they weren't very good overall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is how I see it.

Dec 3, 2017, 8:34 PM

No the Dawgs don't have the defense to completely stop the Sooners. That said, the Dawgs will run all over the Sooners. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

no but can out score them,Okla. can't stop Ga. running backs***

Dec 3, 2017, 8:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no but can out score them,Okla. can't stop Ga. running backs***

Dec 3, 2017, 8:46 PM

That is where we will shine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I certainly hope so.

Dec 3, 2017, 8:48 PM

But probably not.

Yes...I just read they have signed....

Dec 3, 2017, 8:51 PM

the Fayetteville police officer to coach up the D on how to slam Faker to the ground!!!

Re: can jawja shut down faker mayfield and there offense?

Dec 3, 2017, 8:58 PM

I'd be surprised if Uga kept it within 2 TDS. The thing is, Oklahoma runs more than they throw. Uga won't be able to stop both run and pass IMO. Ou's run defense isn't great(40th or so). Pass D makes their run d look like the 85 Bears. I don't trust Fromm to be able to exploit this at all.

Best offense Uga will have played and it's not even close. Conversely, Ou's D has played offenses far superior to Uga. We'll see though, what makes it fun.

Dec 3, 2017, 9:54 PM

The best offense UGA played is Mizzou, ranked 10th. Missouri's defense is ranked 86th which led to the 53-28 final score.

Georgia's defense is ranked 6th overall (granted, they played the SEC East), while the best defense Oklahoma played was TCU, ranked 35. Only Auburn put up more than 20 points on UGA this year. It will be an interesting matchup.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2017, 10:56 PM

Umm..you just said Missouri scored 28 on them??

Depends on which metric you use. Oklahoma played Ohio State who is 8th in total defense, 11th in efficiency, and they torched them.

Uga played two what I would call decent offenses. Missouri and Auburn. Gave up big points in 2 of 3 games, the other game Auburn was pretty banged up. Uga also played Tenn and Uf two offenses in the #100s. Plus Samford, App St and one dimensional ND and Ga tech. Those teams are going to skew your d numbers something fierce.

Message was edited by: Tmax

Dec 3, 2017, 9:57 PM

I think UGA runs the ball and controls the clock. I think they make it their type of game and win 27-21.

Dec 3, 2017, 10:34 PM

I think Ga has the offense to run all over Chokelahoma. That division has never had the ability to play defense. Now can Ga defense stop Mayfield? It could be the highest scored playoff game ever

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 3, 2017, 11:25 PM

What every stat misses - particularly in rating defenses is the "nasty" factor which we saw on full display at last year's NCG as executed by Bama. The BIG and Big 12 are not used to that kind of defense which UGA certainly deals out. At Clemson we have our nasty as well but we also have size and speed, but it is not Dabo's or BV's style to use that as the defensive program. However it delivers championships which are always won by defense. OU and company will score but not the numbers they are used to putting up. Look at Bouleware against Faker in the oragne bowl 2 years ago. Same high strung offense talk and Faker sat out the 4th quarter trying to figure out what stadium he was in after trying to tackle Bouleware running back the interception.

Dec 3, 2017, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: can jawja shut down faker mayfield and there offense? ]

What every stat misses - particularly in rating defenses is the "nasty" factor which we saw on full display at last year's NCG as executed by Bama. The BIG and Big 12 are not used to that kind of defense which UGA certainly deals out. At Clemson we have our nasty as well but we also have size and speed, but it is not Dabo's or BV's style to use that as the defensive program. However it delivers championships which are always won by defense. OU and company will score but not the numbers they are used to putting up. Look at Bouleware against Faker in the oragne bowl 2 years ago. Same high strung offense talk and Faker sat out the 4th quarter trying to figure out what stadium he was in after trying to tackle Bouleware running back the interception.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic