Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
this is why you don't snake waves
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

this is why you don't snake waves

Jun 7, 2017, 10:26 AM

kook

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sucks, that'll probably give her a big hooked crooked

Jun 7, 2017, 10:30 AM

disgusting nose.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good. That'll give her incentive to get some

Jun 7, 2017, 12:40 PM

bewbs finally at the plastic freeons office amirite.

"Go back to the valley, maaan"***

Jun 7, 2017, 10:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ain't a thing wrong with the valley. LBC in da house!***

Jun 7, 2017, 10:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Go back to the valley, maaan"***

Jun 7, 2017, 10:58 AM [ in reply to "Go back to the valley, maaan"*** ]

Drives me crazy when I'm out there with my boogie board

Jun 7, 2017, 10:37 AM

trying to catch a sweet ride and you gotta worry about guys like this man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is why you don't snake waves

Jun 7, 2017, 10:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you're riding the break at Folly,

Jun 7, 2017, 10:38 AM

you go big, or go home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i quit going to folly

Jun 7, 2017, 10:41 AM

too far
too crowded
too ego'd (it's like surfing in the mange)

i have one little spot on IOP that has great parking, never crowded and i know what conditions to look for on magic seaweed to make my 7'8" fun shape work

Let me axe you a question

Jun 7, 2017, 10:44 AM

I've heard a lot of talk about no beer allowed on beaches down there...Is this common place for the SC coast? If so, I can go ahead and count on never going back, I'd support ISIS flags in public before I would banning beer from the beach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me axe you a question

Jun 7, 2017, 10:48 AM

I don't think there are any beaches left in SC where alcohol is allowed.

you can thank the Ohioans for ruining Folly.

Is it enforced, though? Has anyone ever gotten a ticket

Jun 7, 2017, 10:49 AM

for beer on the beach?

Greenr goes to NC beaches and drinks like there aint no tomorrow out there.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it enforced, though? Has anyone ever gotten a ticket

Jun 7, 2017, 10:51 AM

enforced all the time. You can get away with it if you aren't belligerent.

I've never been ticketed for it, but

Jun 7, 2017, 11:57 AM

I saw a family of yankees get tickets. They were being relatively quiet and were just hanging out like we were. I had my potion in a Yeti cup and they were drinking from the can. Their Ohio State tailgating tent didn't help the matter either.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

At the fields of Litch, beer flows golden on the shores

Jun 7, 2017, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me axe you a question ]

like the blood of our vanquished carpetbagger foes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that so?

Jun 7, 2017, 10:50 AM

BRB

http://www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

perhaps we can reach a gentleman's agreement.***

Jun 7, 2017, 10:55 AM

Looked at going there this year

Jun 7, 2017, 10:55 AM [ in reply to At the fields of Litch, beer flows golden on the shores ]

Can get beachfront house with a pool at Cape San Blas for 1/3 of the price of some BS condo at Litchfield. No chingues.

If it weren't free,

Jun 7, 2017, 11:01 AM

I'd be heading down to Gulf Shores, but it is, so I'm not.

juss dont bring bottles***

Jun 7, 2017, 12:45 PM [ in reply to At the fields of Litch, beer flows golden on the shores ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

this day ruined it for everyone

Jun 7, 2017, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me axe you a question ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWUoO6zzmvc

Yep. Busses full of shitbag out of towners who haven't

Jun 7, 2017, 10:51 AM

given it a second thought since except "hey, remember that awesome party where we trashed a beach and got laws changed?"

that video played into this one

Jun 7, 2017, 10:52 AM [ in reply to this day ruined it for everyone ]

the "brawl" is alright, but check out that beached boat in the background

people are DUMB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKExRO79kQ

Re: that video played into this one

Jun 7, 2017, 10:56 AM

Clearly that guy has way more money than he has brains

Lot of questions about this one.

Jun 7, 2017, 10:58 AM [ in reply to that video played into this one ]

1) Is that "Gin and Juice" playing in the background?
2) Who's the snitch filming?
3) Why can't they keep the fighters in the frame?
4) Why call the coast guard for a fight on the beach?

Are they trying to kill the tourism industry?

Jun 7, 2017, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me axe you a question ]

Georgia is just a few miles away beckoning to people with the freedom to walk around town with your beer if you want...because this is America.

it got a little out of hand and yes it is illegal

Jun 7, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Let me axe you a question ]

on IOP, SI and Folly.

fines up to $1040 or something like that.

that being said, if you are not a numbnutz about it, you can most definitely drink on the beach.

A $1000 fine?!?

Jun 7, 2017, 10:53 AM

You could probably rape someone with less consequence. What in the fugg, I'll never go to any of those places. I don't know what that is, but it isn't American.

buy a house on seabrook

Jun 7, 2017, 10:56 AM

problem solved

Sounds like it's just time to totally give up on the coast I

Jun 7, 2017, 11:00 AM

knew as a boy, because it's gone.

Yep. Gone are the days when 8 year olds could

Jun 7, 2017, 11:02 AM

pound a 30-rack of Keystone Lights on the beach without being bothered. It's a money grab by the cops.

I know it's a joke to you, but I want you to remember

Jun 7, 2017, 11:06 AM

something: When they came for our beer, you said nothing. When they come for your whiskey, neither will I.

If a $1k fine for having beer on the beach isn't a money grab, I dunno what is.

I know, and I'm not disagreeing. It's become less of a deal

Jun 7, 2017, 11:22 AM

for me because the only time I ever go to the beach anymore is with the family. It's enough of a pain in the ### dragging all their crap out to the beach, much less a cooler full of beer or whatever. It's usually hot, and I'd rather drink water for the few hours we're there. But, like fluff said, you won't get harassed if you're not being obvious about it. Pour your beer in a cup, keep your empties in your cooler. Don't act like an as##### with a large group of other asssholes.

I can't remember the last time I took booze to the beach; HOWEVER...with 19She taking off for a month, I may be resetting the counter.

This is probably what the Nazi's told the people when they

Jun 7, 2017, 11:33 AM

invaded countries. "Just chill, you'll be good. No worries". We see how that turned out. Wrong is wrong.

Here's what I know.

Jun 7, 2017, 11:38 AM

I've been drinking on SC beaches for almost 25 years with no tickets ever, and in those early years, there was a whole lotta dumassery involved. If I haven't gotten one, no one should.

It was a different time in those early years

Jun 7, 2017, 11:48 AM

Things that you would have thought were a funny prank would land you in jail now. I witnessed this transformation at Clemson, freshman year you could carry up cases of beer to the dorm as long as you put a jacket or something over it. If anything, the person at the front desk would laugh at you for being so obvious about it. Not even two years later that act would earn you an MIP and some sort of Clemson probation. Fast forward to now, where they raid apartment complex pools and sniff peoples cups in the hopes of catching an under age drinker.

Your children live in a much, much different and more persnickety world than you did.

Re: buy a house on seabrook

Jun 7, 2017, 11:58 AM [ in reply to buy a house on seabrook ]

True, rape is practically legal on seabrook.

it's insane, but it's true

Jun 7, 2017, 10:58 AM [ in reply to A $1000 fine?!? ]

but like i said, if you aren't a numbnutz you are fine.

BUT, i am a boat guy. i only go to the beach to surf or really early AM or evening for a little stroll with the family. you aren't going to find me with a group of 12 trying to park at 11 on a holiday weekend with 100k of my closest friends.

I'd imagine you'd be ok if you weren't drinking it out of

Jun 7, 2017, 11:12 AM [ in reply to it got a little out of hand and yes it is illegal ]

the can or the bottle. That's what Solo cups are for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tervis for the beach. Keeps it coolish and looks like

Jun 7, 2017, 11:30 AM

apple juice or motor oil.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I drank on Kiawah a few weeks ago and was

Jun 7, 2017, 12:02 PM [ in reply to it got a little out of hand and yes it is illegal ]

not bothered by beach patrol.

ROH

May have discovered a not-so-hidden gem on SI last weekend.

Jun 7, 2017, 10:45 AM [ in reply to i quit going to folly ]

Have been to Stations 22, 23, 24, and 26 too many times to count since grade school. But I honestly don't remember ever going to Station 25. We happened to find parking there. Didn't recognize the boardwalk to the beach. Was lowish tide and coming in, so there was a big tide pool for the kids to play on, and the tip of the sandbar on the north end of SI. Wasn't crowded at all--didn't have anybody within 30-40' of us. 85 degrees, hardly any wind....might have been a perfect day on the beach. Will research Station 25 further and report back.

Nice find.....BRB

Jun 7, 2017, 10:47 AM

gotta go post it over here....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/

juss dont come to Cid beach house. Crass will report you***

Jun 7, 2017, 12:52 PM [ in reply to May have discovered a not-so-hidden gem on SI last weekend. ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I haven't been surfing in a couple of years now, but

Jun 7, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to i quit going to folly ]

twice over the years I was involved in altercations at the washout at Folly. Neither instance got beyond words, mostly because both times it was young punks that we could have easily twisted into a pretzel in seconds.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of the time I was kayaking the

Jun 7, 2017, 11:29 AM

upper Nantahala. Got a little gnar tryin to surf a wicked class 2 and things got hot fast....saw my life flash before my eyes. You wanna live on the edge like that, you're gonna get cut at some point.

Once I get my jorts finished...

Jun 7, 2017, 12:03 PM

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic