Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
butt hurts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 332

butt hurts

Jan 19, 2019, 10:59 PM

In response to the news that Jason Reitman's new Ghostbusters project will continue the story that began with Ivan Reitman's 1984 original and its 1989 sequel, and ignore the female reboot from director Paul Feig in 2016, Leslie Jones, a cast member from the latter, has voiced her disappointment on social media.

The comedian took to Twitter on Saturday in a post that said, "So insulting. Like f--- us. We dint count. It’s like something trump would do. (Trump voice)”Gonna redo ghostbusteeeeers, better with men, will be huge. Those women ain’t ghostbusteeeeers” ugh so annoying. Such a d--- move. And I don’t give f--- I’m saying something!!"

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never saw the new one...

Jan 19, 2019, 11:06 PM

Barely remember the old one...

Did the new one even do well?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It did not.

Jan 19, 2019, 11:18 PM

It made a profit once you add in the foreign sales, but domestically it made about $20m less than its budget.

It wasn't good but not because it cast women in the roles. It had a bad ######, wasn't funny, and the premise--despite seeming to have tons of potential--seems hard to live up to. Even the 1989 sequel to the original was not good and it had the same creative team as the original.

Jason Reitman is a very good director and has the obvious connection to the original and has said how much Ghostbusters means to him, so maybe he can actually make a ghostbusters movie that lives up to the premise.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was like Caddyshack 2 to Caddyshack***

Jan 19, 2019, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Never saw the new one... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doe...

Jan 20, 2019, 12:44 AM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fCFJlOCDwzc

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Replies: 4
| visibility 332
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic