Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man who shot Arbery vid.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 359

Man who shot Arbery vid.

May 21, 2020, 5:57 PM

Stone cold busted

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/georgia/gbi-arrests-man-who-shot-video-ahmaud-arbery-being-shot/W2XM7BM2X5CBNPW375PT3RCP4Q/?fbclid=IwAR1rdM9K6nF88qnts1Ru9p-DszIQBOCZyhRyieItinLkIlFoB6kNlL7Lv4A

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe just me, but I'm not sure exactly what law he broke by

May 22, 2020, 6:59 AM

just filming the incident. Wouldn't they have to prove he was "in on it" and had prior knowledge and part of a conspiracy or something? Everybody records everything these days...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

it says that in the article.***

May 22, 2020, 8:06 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure ALL the charges will stick or it will be lesser

May 22, 2020, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Maybe just me, but I'm not sure exactly what law he broke by ]

In a news release, the GBI said it charged Bryan with felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment.

later...

“Right now, we know that he recorded this video from a very close proximity. According to his attorney, he was home one minute and within minutes, he was behind Ahmaud Arbery with his cellphone, recording his ambush,” Arbery family attorney Lee Merritt said during an appearance on the “Tamron Hall Show” Monday.

“His response to this very loud, violent shotgun shots repeatedly, and someone being murdered in front of him, was silence. He just kept recording. You didn’t hear him gasp. He didn’t cut off the camera. He didn’t intervene. He didn’t honk his horn. And we believe that is because he knew what was about to happen, and he played a role in it.”

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure ALL the charges will stick or it will be lesser

May 22, 2020, 8:11 AM

Seems like such a stretch. He could have been in shock or surprised. What would honking his horn accomplish after the shooting? I am not saying he is guilty or not guilty, but that seems like such a stretch assumption.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they know more about the three of them together

May 22, 2020, 8:31 AM

and that just isn't public knowledge yet

Re: I think they know more about the three of them together

May 22, 2020, 8:36 AM

I think you are correct.

I think you're probably right, the more I think about it.***

May 22, 2020, 8:37 AM [ in reply to I think they know more about the three of them together ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that's not a good look, is it. hmm...

May 22, 2020, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Not sure ALL the charges will stick or it will be lesser ]

edit: This case could get complicated. But just from the facts we know right now and the video, they had no right to chase that dude down like that, loaded for bear and ready to shoot. You just can't do that. He might not be an angel or whatever, but you call 911 and let the cops handle it. You don't even put yourself in the situation of having to take someone's life. Unless it's an active shooter situation and you're saving lives by getting involved...

Re: Yeah, that's not a good look, is it. hmm...

May 22, 2020, 8:29 AM

Exactly

Re: Man who shot Arbery vid.

May 22, 2020, 7:10 AM

Do they think he knew that they might kill the man and he still filmed it?

I guess, otherwise... how can he charged with felony murder

May 22, 2020, 7:25 AM

just sitting in his car? Got to be some of sort of conspiracy or whatever, right??

Re: I guess, otherwise... how can he charged with felony murder

May 22, 2020, 7:29 AM

This is a court case I will watch.

but you know, there's been plenty of folks charged under the

May 22, 2020, 7:48 AM

"hand of one is the hand of all" laws. I've read about some pretty bizarre cases. For ex, you pick a guy up to give him a ride somewhere as a favor, and he says - Hey, stop at the store, I need smokes. OK, no problem. He goes in the store, pulls out a gun to rob the place, something goes wrong and he kills the owner. He runs back to the car saying - go go go, let's get outta here!

Doesn't matter that you had no idea he was planning to do that. You took him there and enabled the crime to happen, and you basically drove the "getaway car". You are equally guilty in a lot of states. You're facing 1st degree murder charges just like he is. You can get the death penalty or life or whatever he is facing.

Also happens if you take somebody to buy drugs. The deal goes bad, somebody gets killed, and you did nothing but sit in the car listening to music. You're considered just as guilty as the guy who went in the house and shot up the place.

Really doesn't seem fair at all, but that's how it goes.

Re: but you know, there's been plenty of folks charged under the

May 22, 2020, 7:52 AM

I don't like those laws. They don't seem like justice. They should have to prove knowledge and intent. At least they should have to prove that the person knew a crime was going to happen.

Agreed, but you know how it goes. The DA has a slam dunk case

May 22, 2020, 8:00 AM

on the shooter, with CCTV footage, DNA, etc. You are apparently his "partner". You're poor and have a crappy court-appointed attorney. The victim's wife and kids are all sobbing in court. You'll get no sympathy from the judge or jury, they're not buying your story...

You end up taking a 2nd degree murder plea to get the death penalty off the table and get 20-30 years.

Happens all the time, unfortunately.

Maybe include him in the charges hoping he'll flip and talk?

May 22, 2020, 8:22 AM

Only thing I see working here.

Could put a dent in youtube videos if the charges stick.

good point... maybe he knows something & will flip.***

May 22, 2020, 8:25 AM

Replies: 17
| visibility 359
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic